Starting Rocket Pass now is useless - maybe u change 1 thing

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Starting Rocket Pass now is useless - maybe u change 1 thing

Postby nortex on Sat May 11, 2019 11:22 am

You have Missions in the Pass on week 4 like "Play with Aloha Banner" - Aloha Banner is on lvl 24 .... How shall I come to lvl 24 to complete the mission when I started today? You have several such missions.
For players who start late in the Rocket Pass make all the passed weeks available to complete, otherwise you dont have chance to get to that level needed for making current weeks missions - so it won't make sense to buy the pass later... sad, would give u the money for having some entertainment through the pass. But this way? Not valuable for me, because not really thoughtful.

greez
nortex
Supersonic

Re: Starting Rocket Pass now is useless - maybe u change 1 t

Postby Doomstrike on Mon May 13, 2019 10:26 am

Most of these items you will have within a week of playing. LVL 24 for example should only take you a couple days max. I think it takes like 2 hours to get from 1-20. Everything under lvlm 50 is super fast. Plus its just 1 challenge here and there and its the free ones too. You level up by playing. Completing a challenge just gives you a bit of an extra boost. not something you NEED to do to level up the pass.

In the end it's up to you but if you play a lot its worth it. Buy 1 pass don't spend keys you get in the rewards tier, use descriptors on items and get refunded the 10 keys you need to buy the next season pass for free. Pretty nice, basically as long as you are active you get free life time rocket pass as long as u keep playing
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby Spiffers on Mon May 13, 2019 8:32 pm

Doomstrike wrote:Most of these items you will have within a week of playing. LVL 24 for example should only take you a couple days max. I think it takes like 2 hours to get from 1-20. Everything under lvlm 50 is super fast. Plus its just 1 challenge here and there and its the free ones too. You level up by playing. Completing a challenge just gives you a bit of an extra boost. not something you NEED to do to level up the pass.

In the end it's up to you but if you play a lot its worth it. Buy 1 pass don't spend keys you get in the rewards tier, use descriptors on items and get refunded the 10 keys you need to buy the next season pass for free. Pretty nice, basically as long as you are active you get free life time rocket pass as long as u keep playing

Doomstrike, I don't think you understood the correct nuance here. I don't THINK he's saying he's a new account. He's just saying he just came back to play the game this week, hasn't worked on the Rocket Pass yet, but is already past level 20, so he won't be able to get those early quick levels. And I somewhat agree with the sentiment, but at the same time I can also see the point of kind of giving people goal-marks of "You shouldn't have to farm for this, you should already have it". It's an interesting little conundrum that may have some people looking at the "Pay to Proceed" style that it could force upon some people.
Spiffers
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Postby Doomstrike on Tue May 14, 2019 8:24 am

no he's talking about challenges not the rocket pass. I'm talking about the Pass itself being worth it reguardless of the dumb challenges.

In reguards to the challenges he's saying that because the challenges are only avaible for the 1 week if you didn't play you skip or missed the past weekly challenges to get leveled up quicker. I was just gettting at that you get all the default items withing a few hours so having a challenge that requires a default item to isn't a big deal because 1 day of playing you will have that reward and you have all week to get it done.

The issue then lies with only seeing 1 week of challenges and I believe like fortnite and bunch of other games they just release more challenges every week and it leaves the previous ones as avaible to complete. This problem with this is that you can skip 8 weeks worth of challenges and grind them out in a day (and also unhealthy) Psyonix wants people to continuously play. It's a smart move because it means every week your going to have to spend at least 2 hours playing the game and doing so for a full season vs a few big sessions at the end of the season.

You also have to remember that you only miss out on 3 challenges if you don't have the pass. you still get 3 a week free ones to help with progression of the non premium pass. If you like something from the pass but don't play that much don't buy it. If you lvl up enough where you would have got that item then buy it and instantly get all the rewards at once.

In the end I'm saying worry about the pass and not the weekly challenges as all they do is help you lvl up. They don't provide you rewards like fortnite and stuff where its complet 3 weeks worth of challenges and you unlock X
Doomstrike

Postby Spiffers on Tue May 14, 2019 12:37 pm

I'm still misunderstanding why you think that 1 day of playing is all you'd need to get to like... level 20. There's no early-pass ramp up time at all (aside from what the challenges do allow for). I agree that saying "starting the pass now is useless" is a dumb statement - most people will earn much more from levelling up than from the challenges. But this thread is as much about the concerns for challenges. Although, I did just realize a nuance in what he said which is "purchasing the pass later" - this is irrelevant if you've been playing, because as you noted, Doomstrike, the purchased pass stays at the same level as the free pass, so it doesn't really make a difference in terms of when you purchase if you were playing the whole time.
Spiffers
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Doomstrike on Tue May 14, 2019 1:18 pm

I may be miss understanding something. I'm talking about your xp level not rocket pass lvl.. Like i'm lvl 550 and at rocket pass lvl 80.

So when I say it takes a couple hours to get to lvl 20 and that unlocks all default items that have nothing to do with the pass. All the entena's and stuff and banners are standard drops that everyone will have before hitting lvl 40 of your personal lvl not rocket pass. So that banner and that antenna that was needed for this week is all stuff you would get within a couple hours of playing. regardless of pass lvl
Doomstrike

Postby Spiffers on Tue May 14, 2019 4:14 pm

Oh, yeah, so what he's referring to is that the Aloha Banner is locked on tier 24 of the Rocket Pass, so to start doing that, you need to get that first.
Spiffers
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue May 14, 2019 11:52 pm

Any items that are mentioned in Rocket Pass challenges are all items that are unlocked in the Rocket Pass, not base game vanilla items.

I don't have any issue with previous weekly challenges being available for the remainder of the season.
zGreenMachine-
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Return to Suggestions