An argument for more stats! (plus ideas)

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

An argument for more stats! (plus ideas)

Postby DUKE on Wed May 01, 2019 11:11 am

I've been playing this game since the first Summer it released. Fully enjoyed it, and the changes have mostly been interesting and benefical, at least in my opinion.
Can't complain too much about how the gameplay has progressed, and it seems there are new concepts in the works.

The only aspect that hasn't changed are the statistics. They've been almost exactly the same since I first started, which after 1000s of games, becomes almost meaningless.
So here are some ideas for a much needed revamp on the statistics section.

1) Provide statistics broken down as per each new season.
Doesn't make sense to keep calculating the cumulative stats (goals, assists, saves, etc) and only providing average stats based on cumulative games. At least, when we reach games in the 1000s. There is bound to be little to no change in the average stats, it almost defeats the purpose of having stats if little changes beyond the decimal point.
Why not break it down so we can see our averages per season? Not only is this a new interesting stat that allows us to compare and compete with our friends, it also allows us to compare our own growth (or lack of) over several seasons. Possibly we could find trends in our game, or it becomes easier to note improvements.

2) Provide additional stats breakdown

Yes, we've got goals, assists, shots, saves, crosses, clears, but wouldn't it be nice to have those stats broken down specifically between the game modes we play, whether it be 3v3 or 2v2?
And could we also have average stats that can be compared with our friends? Right now, we only compete in cumulative stats, which provides more weight for those that have played more games. I'd like to be able to see my average stats per game compared to my friends.

3) Present the stats in a different structure or format
Right now, and it's been this way since I first played, the stats feel almost like an afterthought. They've got their own section now, but it's one long column of stats. Nothing interactive about it. I'd like to be able to click and see my stats in different formats or graphs, or just have options to click and see my stats on a seasonal basis, or game format basis (2v2 stats only, or 2v2 alongside 3v3 stats), etc.

Yes, this game is a game of rocketfueled flying, smashing, cars. But it's still played in the style of a football game. I think many of us enjoy it because it's a game of football at its core, and the cars add the special touch that makes it unique yet still familiar. Scoring a goal feels as good as scoring a goal should be, especially if it's the winning goal or with a high level of technical skills. Same with a smart assist, an amazing save, or block.

Now if we could also have the football side of the game represented in the stats. We're all used to seeing all sorts of stats in football games and individual player stats. Would really push this game to another level if we could also access and analyse our own stats of our games in somehow similar fashion.
DUKE
Supersonic

Steam ID: DUKE™
Region: EU

Re: An argument for more stats! (plus ideas)

Postby Tentacles on Wed May 01, 2019 1:40 pm

data is good, yes yes. https://calculated.gg/
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby DUKE on Wed May 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Tentacles wrote:data is good, yes yes. https://calculated.gg/

Well, something like that, but far more user friendly! :cheesygrin:
DUKE
Supersonic

Postby Scyonite on Wed May 01, 2019 11:40 pm

Haha you basically get what you asked for, and more.. and now it has to be more user friendly :lol: :P :roll: :yaypsyonix:
But at least Vanilla Scyonite is an OG Scyonite LLC.™ product
1337 Scyonite fizzly products LLC.™ - I am affiliated with myself
Scyonite
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Scyonite

Postby DUKE on Thu May 02, 2019 2:05 am

Scyonite wrote:Haha you basically get what you asked for, and more.. and now it has to be more user friendly :lol: :P :roll: :yaypsyonix:

Well, to be honest, I logged on with my steam account, and the only game stats I could see were from 2018.
Can't see my stats for the last few months, or years, or in 2v2s or 3v3s. It's one thing having a concept, which is what your site seems to have.
Still need to deliver the stats in a way people can enjoy.
More work can be done in the presentation, not everyone that enjoys stats is a statistician.
Plus, I didn't get all that I asked. Why should I go to an external site, I'd like it ingame.
Good luck with your site, though.
DUKE
Supersonic

Postby Scyonite on Thu May 02, 2019 2:27 am

It's because you, or someone else, needs to upload the replays. It's not very integrated, no..
But at least Vanilla Scyonite is an OG Scyonite LLC.™ product
1337 Scyonite fizzly products LLC.™ - I am affiliated with myself
Scyonite
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Scyonite

Postby DUKE on Thu May 09, 2019 2:19 pm

Bump, because stats are stats-
DUKE
Supersonic

Postby Spiffers on Thu May 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Why bother bumping? Psyonix will see this if they want to, your bump's not going to do anything except for initiate more discussion. So if you don't have something to add, don't bump it. And I think the general consensus IS the fact that there's enough other things they can be working on and enough 3rd party solutions that we're fine as it is at the moment.
Spiffers
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Postby littlebigleg on Sat May 11, 2019 5:16 pm

the more stats the better.i want pie charts and graphs,I want to know what percentage i play in my half against what i play in the oppositions,I would love to know the amount of games ive played in private, ranked casual etc ,Highest win streaks,worst losing streaks. highest and lowest scores in game, What team mates i have the most success with . i want on the record whos actually got more head to head wins in the thousands of private matches ive played in with my buddys. The more data we have on our self and others is only a good thing. Psyonix made probably one of the best games the world has ever seen,So im pretty sure they could suss out how to show us data that is already there. Could be used as a tool as well to find new teammates

Stats rock
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby DUKE on Tue May 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Spiffers wrote:Why bother bumping? Psyonix will see this if they want to, your bump's not going to do anything except for initiate more discussion. So if you don't have something to add, don't bump it. And I think the general consensus IS the fact that there's enough other things they can be working on and enough 3rd party solutions that we're fine as it is at the moment.

You answered your own question.
Bumping it initaites discussion, feedback, support etc.
As for what you wrote about the general consensus, that's your opinion of it. It certainly reads like it's the your consensus of what you'd rather they prioritise.
The irony though of you adding to a thread that you think doesn't need bumping is quite delicious.
DUKE
Supersonic

Postby DUKE on Tue May 14, 2019 1:02 pm

littlebigleg wrote:the more stats the better.i want pie charts and graphs,I want to know what percentage i play in my half against what i play in the oppositions,I would love to know the amount of games ive played in private, ranked casual etc ,Highest win streaks,worst losing streaks. highest and lowest scores in game, What team mates i have the most success with . i want on the record whos actually got more head to head wins in the thousands of private matches ive played in with my buddys. The more data we have on our self and others is only a good thing. Psyonix made probably one of the best games the world has ever seen,So im pretty sure they could suss out how to show us data that is already there. Could be used as a tool as well to find new teammates

Stats rock

Absolutely. It's a way of enhancing our gaming experience without requiring the additional effort that is neede in say, creating a new map or mode, addition of new cars etc.
Football today has become so embroiled with stats as analysis that this game feels slightly naked without stats.
DUKE
Supersonic

Return to Suggestions