Game Wont Start After Patch

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Game Wont Start After Patch

Postby XunningX on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:10 am

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue as I did. On april 16th (yesterday) a new patch was added to the game. After downloading and installing the patch my game wont start at all. It says "error 51" when I try to run the game. I've had some occasional "error 51" before, but I was always able to fix that by running steam as administrator. Now though, the error is only with rocket league but not any other games. I tried checking the integrity of game files, but that didn't help. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game but no cigar. Does anybody have a solution for this? It seems I cant fix this by any means I could google myself. Thx in advance.
XunningX
Supersonic

Steam ID: XunningX
Region: EU

Re: Game Wont Start After Patch

Postby XunningX on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:42 pm

After alot of frustration I finally found a solution to this problem! For whatever reason my anti-virus software's deepguard feature was interfering with the game and not allowing it to start up. So if you are having the same issue and other stuff wont work, try this:

- Open up your anti-virus software
- Go to settings
- Find deepguard settings
- Add to "deepguard exclusions" or "deepguard exceptions" the folder where rocket league game files are stored

That's all there is to it. If you are not sure where your game files are stored, you can find out by going to your steam library --> right click Rocket League --> properties --> local files tab --> browse local files. That opens your files in the task manager and shows where they are stored.

Hope this helps somebody!
XunningX
Supersonic

Steam ID: XunningX
Region: EU

Return to Help and Support