the new "echo" sound

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

be able to turn the new "echo" sound off

Poll runs till Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:43 pm

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 4

the new "echo" sound

Postby NainConPetant on Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:43 pm

hi,

I rarely come here but I need to make a complain. Been playing since release, 2730hrs according to steam. I love the game, I play around 2-3 hours/day.

Lately the server reliability got me a bit frustrated, but I guess its the price to pay to get cross-platform.

But with today patch, you guys ruined something. There is a new "echo" sound when the ball is hit or hit the wall, it is really really annoying and there is no way to turn it off.

I even typed how annoying this sound is and 2 of the other 3 guys in my game instantly agreed that this is really annoying.
I dont know why you guys added that, but there is not way to take it off from the sound menu, maybe it is but it would remove more sounds that only that "echo".

So I hope its a mistake, it was not in the patch notes and it really really really annoying.

Plz give me a way to turn that off without taking the other sounds off.
ImageImage
NainConPetant
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: nainconpetant
Region: CANADA/USA/NA

Re: the new "echo" sound

Postby Scyonite on Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:46 pm

It's probably just an audio bug. I can't remember a patch that didn't have audio bugs. lel.
But at least Vanilla Scyonite is an OG Scyonite LLC.™ product
1337 Scyonite fizzly products LLC.™ - I am affiliated with myself
Scyonite
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby NainConPetant on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:02 pm

Scyonite wrote:It's probably just an audio bug. I can't remember a patch that didn't have audio bugs. lel.

I dont know man, we all got that bug, hope its just a bug because it bugs me to the point I come to post about it and I dont feel like playing the game
ImageImage
NainConPetant
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby NoOne-NBA on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:07 pm

I'd still love to have separate mixing sliders for all the different sounds in the game.
That would let each person tailor the audio to their own preferences.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby NainConPetant on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:15 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:I'd still love to have separate mixing sliders for all the different sounds in the game.
That would let each person tailor the audio to their own preferences.

I agree to that, its my game on my pc, let me hear what I want
ImageImage
NainConPetant
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Tentacles on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:47 pm

I can't hear it :(
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Scyonite on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:49 pm

NainConPetant wrote:
Scyonite wrote:It's probably just an audio bug. I can't remember a patch that didn't have audio bugs. lel.

I dont know man, we all got that bug, hope its just a bug because it bugs me to the point I come to post about it and I dont feel like playing the game

Yeah the audio bugs after patches hit (almost) everyone lol.
But at least Vanilla Scyonite is an OG Scyonite LLC.™ product
1337 Scyonite fizzly products LLC.™ - I am affiliated with myself
Scyonite
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby XxP5YCHOxX on Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Its not just the echo sound, the echo and goal explosions are way louder. also i can hardly hear my motor sound.
XxP5YCHOxX
Acrobatic

Postby Voda on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:56 am

They allready fucked up sound on last update. since then I can't hear my engine before game starts and aven after that everything is louder than my own engine or boost sound. And now this fucking hit sound and it's echo so loud. Please I want engine sound back at the correct level. Back then I coul know where players were on the field just with that. Now I can barely hear when someone is coming to destroy me from my back.
Voda
Supersonic

Steam ID: Voda

Postby D3l3rium on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:35 pm

All i know is that the sound effects after a goal explosion for example the fireworks in one of the maps or the cannons that fire after a goal are SO fkin loud that i left the match because they blew my ears off.
Is that some kind of joke?
D3l3rium
Supersonic

Steam ID: D3l3rium

Postby Chomps on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:45 pm

The sound is so loud, even with 5% sound, that I am going deaf. The game is unplayable imo.
Chomps
Supersonic

Postby Chomps on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:48 pm

accidental double post*
Last edited by Chomps on Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chomps
Supersonic

Postby NainConPetant on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:50 pm

D3l3rium wrote:All i know is that the sound effects after a goal explosion for example the fireworks in one of the maps or the cannons that fire after a goal are SO fkin loud that i left the match because they blew my ears off.
Is that some kind of joke?

yea i got that too also on my first match, i was like wth?? think its in rl championship arena.

the echo seems to be just like in hoops but if it was made on purpose, its a total mess and i dont think most of the players want them.

Fix it plz !!
ImageImage
NainConPetant
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby XxP5YCHOxX on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:16 pm

The slider for different sounds would b awesome
XxP5YCHOxX
Acrobatic

Postby littlebigleg on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:21 pm

i played a few last night where the sound of the crowd clapping was constant and was way too loud
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby E_M_E_T on Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:19 am

Many of you who report really unbalanced sounds need to just set the audio settings to default and try playing again. A lot of players have their own audio settings because the in-game audio was unbalanced before. The new audio balancing that came last patch made the audio much cleaner. The new echo though is a bit annoying. I appreciate the effort to add some more flavorful ambiance to the game but for players who play competitively, it's a distraction. At least add more customization to get rid of it.
E_M_E_T
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: merc-835
Steam ID: E_M_E_T
Region: California

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:09 am

E_M_E_T wrote:...At least add more customization to get rid of it.

That has been my suggestion about pretty much everything Psyonix has done since the game launched.

The standard reason I hear from Psyonix, for not doing so, is "we don't want to divide the player base".
That seems like a stretch to me though, given that every choice Psyonix has made has "divided the user base"...straight down the middle.
More importantly though, such decisions have historically pitted the two factions of the user base against each other, resulting in a MORE toxic environment, in-game and out.

Take the non-standard map issue, for instance.
When the non-standard maps were met with opposition by half the user base, Psyonix chose to appease that half of their user base by forcing the other half of their user base to stop playing such maps.
A much better move, in that predicament, would have been to ADD a new queue for "non-standard maps only", and see where everything shook out.

That would have allowed people who like both types of maps to choose between one or both of the available queues.
People who ONLY wanted to play non-standard maps would have had the option to do so in private, which would be no different than what they have currently, except it would have come with an expanding list of maps, to keep them happy.
Rounding everything out, those disliking non-standard maps would have been given a sure-fire way to avoid them, which would have addressed their complaints, without doing so at the expense of another group of players.

In the short term, doing that would have appeased the entire user base, all at the same time, by giving everyone at least a portion of what they were asking for.
In the long term, Psyonix would still have had the option of removing one or the other queue, down the road, when player numbers dropped to an unsustainable level.
People are more understanding about having things taken away from them, when the decision to do so is made by necessity, rather than being arbitrary.
People don't necessarily need to get their way, but the DO want to be heard, which is where I feel Psyonix falls short, much of the time.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby NainConPetant on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:08 am

littlebigleg wrote:i played a few last night where the sound of the crowd clapping was constant and was way too loud

yeah i get the continuous clapping too in the countryside map (cant recall the name)

just as the echo sound, it simply distract me.

and i dont want to play no sound, but i dont want to be forced to hear some stuff.

just like i dont like different engine sounds, i use dominus gt for all my cars (that is the reason i dont use batmobile and others like the charger anymore)
ImageImage
NainConPetant
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Ken Ring on Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:48 am

Please make echo an option (for whoever wants it) and an option for me able to play w/ sound again and not considering to change game!
Ken Ring
Supersonic

Steam ID: 76561197960677490
Region: Spanien

Postby Tentacles on Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:39 pm

So the echo is a known bug, it wasn't properly done. A fix will be coming in next year.
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Return to General Discussion