Hoops scoring not right.

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Hoops scoring not right.

Postby Sickredneck1 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:33 am

Every game I play when I save a goal or get a shot it's not giving any points or anything saying I have got a save or shot. Another thing the match making is off too in competitive
Sickredneck1
Supersonic

PSN ID: Youngkevinray
Region: United States

Re: Hoops scoring not right.

Postby Tentacles on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:30 pm

How is matchmaking off? Also record a video of the no score bug.
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles

Postby Sickredneck1 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:57 pm

I never recorded anything before I'll try send u one.
And the match making is off cause I'm only ranked gold 3 division 2 and my freind is plat 3 division 3 or something like that and we constantly get put with unranked players and they are playing like they are diamonds or better . I feel if they are unranked they should play again unranked players until they are ranked to make it fair for everyone
Sickredneck1
Supersonic

Postby Doomstrike on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:40 am

As NoOne said you are always pared against a "fair match" just because you don't see the rank and division doesn't mean that their MMR isn't the same as yours. The rank system is just a visualization of the hidden MMR that you are matched against. If you want more clarity you can download alpha console or backis mod or however you spell it and it will show you there mmr and yours
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby Spiffers on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Also, yes, shots and saves are not coded well for hoops. That's always been a thing, and it may always be a thing.
Spiffers
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Postby Sickredneck1 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:47 am

They need to at least fix the scoring code at least
Sickredneck1
Supersonic

Postby Scyonite on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 am

In the options, under Gameplay, the second to last option: game stat display level. Is that on "No Stats" or "Main Stats Only"? The game doesn't show shots or saves if it's not on "All Stats".
So now the signature is gone which means I gotta find some kind of original signature to put here instead. Let me just say I'm really bad at coming up with original stuff out of the blue.. just not something I typically do. Reeee I can only use 255 chars.
Scyonite
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby Spiffers on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:46 pm

Yeah, but Scyonite, the problem is that shots and saves are rarely registered - as they are in Dropshot - for actually stopping a ball going straight down. My theory is, until someone either changes my theory or clarifies it, is that the shots and saves are still based on the regular goal location (in the middle of the back wall at ground level), which is why so many saves don't count, and shots are erratic at best. Now, the display issue may be part of this. But I think we're more talking about the code being awful.
Spiffers
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Return to Help and Support