End of the match

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

What do you guys think?

Good idea
17%
Shut up
83%

Total votes : 6

End of the match

Postby Zebro on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:00 pm

Can we get a new style of how the match ends? I mean, seriously, is really annoying when the match is, for example, 1x0 for the other team, and you kick the ball and it touches 1cm before it enters completely and the match just ends. I think the match should only end when the ball change field side, for example if it's on Orange side when the mark reaches 0:00, it would only end when it changes to Blue side, and vice versa.
Zebro
Supersonic

Steam ID: bielgaamer10

Re: End of the match

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:47 pm

If the match doesn't end until the ball TOUCHES the other side of the field, that might be a slight improvement over what we have now.
I've had teammates dribble the entire length of the field, after the buzzer, to tie/win games.
I don't want to see those types of plays cut short, simply because they crossed midfield.

Your suggestion is a bit vague, in that it doesn't really address multiple hits by the same team, after the buzzer.
Does the Orange team just get to keep hitting the ball after the buzzer, until the Blue team is able to clear it past midfield, regardless of how many times it touches the ground?

My personal suggestion would be to have some kind of "second bounce" rule.
My idea here is that the match shouldn't end until the ball bounces a second time, provided it was last touched before the buzzer sounded.
That would allow hard shots to go in, but would still allow for 30 second volleyball matches at the end, or full court dribbles, if they happen.

If the ball is touched after the buzzer (whether that be for a dribble, or a shot), it should fall back to the "single bounce" rules we have now.
That will give people a chance to pull off any amazing plays which develop after the buzzer, without giving them too much added advantage.

If the ball is touched by ANYONE, after bouncing when time has expired, it should be immediately dead, as well.
That would prevent bounce passes from counting, if they are received after the buzzer sounds, and would take back some of the advantage being given to the attacking team.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby Spiffers on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:19 pm

I wouldn't mind a kind of rule where it's something like a small portion of time after the ball bounces either. That being said, any changes to it now are probably going to be met with criticism - I think NoOne's idea of a second bounce being allowed post-timer is about the most change you're going to see.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Postby Tentacles on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:24 am

I enjoy this rule it keeps the game competitive, if you are tired of the 1cm thing git gud and actually score it.
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby AlexCuse44 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:01 pm

I didn't want to tell you to 'shut up' but I don't really have any other option.
[how about yes]
AlexCuse44
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby N7Mith on Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:42 am

AlexCuse44 wrote:I didn't want to tell you to 'shut up' but I don't really have any other option.

Kinda ironic with your signature...
RocketID: N7Mith#7623
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Tentacles on Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:17 am

N7Mith wrote:
AlexCuse44 wrote:I didn't want to tell you to 'shut up' but I don't really have any other option.

Forum beef just got real.
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby AlexCuse44 on Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Tentacles wrote:
N7Mith wrote:

Forum beef just got real.

O.o
[how about yes]
AlexCuse44
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby thewolfrl on Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:51 am

well i kinda like your idea but i think i like it more how it is.

i understand that you want a clear attack for the last second because its often like the ball flys to the goal and it would be in but it touches 1cm before it goes in the ground.

thats a bummer but you experience it both ways. sometimes i lose and sometimes i win because of that.

the cool thing about this is, you could train to pass and dribble without touching the ground. it is hard but not impossible so in the high ranks its not uncommen to do that.
thewolfrl
Supersonic

Postby Spiffers on Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:03 pm

It's part of why I actually like NBA's suggestion - just takes less of that "Whoops it flipped to 0 just before it hit the ground instead of after" away, while otherwise making it pretty much functionally equivalent.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Return to Suggestions