Ridiculous Chat Ban

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby quatangtpvinh on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:12 am

Okay so, let me begin by saying. The lord and savior jebus christmas knows that i have deserved previous chat 24 hour chat bans ive gotten. i like to say disgusting things in chat because its funny and i know in my heart of hearts some lil boy will report me. HOWEVER...I have 45 mins left on a chat ban i just discovered thismorning. No biggie you would say this guy just said he makes inappropriate comments. This time though a man called me a Kyhke. I know what youre thinking thats not how you spell kike. thats what i thought too so i corrected him and then proceeded to very politley and woithout insult tell him thats not a good word. Trying to as they say kill with kindess. So the other players in the glorious lobby were bashing this guys head in with kind words and explaining thats its not polite to do this type of a thing. This peasent must have reported me and I got banned for saying kike. Psyonix.....Do you read the chat or is it just automated? Maybe limit peoples abilitly to report daily. Its annoying that in a comp game of soccer in cars i cant kill a person with kindess in 2018. Much love though i cant stop playing your game and hope to hit Champ this season but ill prolly just remain at Diamond for the rest of my life.
quatangtpvinh
Supersonic

PSN ID: tvx
Steam ID: tvx02
GamerTag: tvx02
Switch Friend Code: 1996
Region: tvx02

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby kandzius28 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:41 am

For some reason I feel that I already saw the same post some time ago. De javu?
kandzius28
Acrobatic

PSN ID: kandzius28
Region: EU

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:58 am

Why does everyone seem to think "He did it first" is an excuse for their own inappropriate behavior?

That other guy's entire purpose for posting that word was to get you to correct him, so HE could get YOU banned.
And you fell for it.
For him, the game is likely more about how many people he can get banned, than winning actual matches.

For the record, the chat ban system is primarily automated, but not entirely automated.
Any time a report is generated for "verbal harassment", the system parses the entire chat log for that match, looking for words which are on the naughty list.
Some of these words, racial slurs in particular, have a zero tolerance policy.

Other words have an acceptable use limit, to prevent people from getting banned for occasional use.
If you use these words too often, you will eventually earn a ban, but those words are not a "one and done" affair, like racial slurs.
Each word has its own threshold for how often it must be used, before it will trigger a ban.

The system also has history built into it.
Any time a player is issued a ban, it increases the likelihood of future bans, and decreases the tolerance the system has with regard to that player.
The thought behind this is "you should have learned the last time".

Beyond the automated portion of the system is the manual review system.
This is reserved for frequent flyers because using it for everyone, every time, would be overwhelming.
This is the part of the system where people can be banned for inappropriately using words which would otherwise be acceptable, such as "black".
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby Langmuir on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 am

quatangtpvinh wrote:. i like to say disgusting things in chat because its funny and i know in my heart of hearts some lil boy will report me.

Oh the irony.
Langmuir
Supersonic

Postby Scyonite on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:33 am

quatangtpvinh wrote:Okay so, let me begin by saying. The lord and savior jebus christmas knows that i have deserved previous chat 24 hour chat bans ive gotten. i like to say disgusting things in chat because its funny and i know in my heart of hearts some lil boy will report me. HOWEVER...I have 45 mins left on a chat ban i just discovered thismorning. No biggie you would say this guy just said he makes inappropriate comments. This time though a man called me a Kyhke. I know what youre thinking thats not how you spell kike. thats what i thought too so i corrected him and then proceeded to very politley and woithout insult tell him thats not a good word. Trying to as they say kill with kindess. So the other players in the glorious lobby were bashing this guys head in with kind words and explaining thats its not polite to do this type of a thing. This peasent must have reported me and I got banned for saying kike. Psyonix.....Do you read the chat or is it just automated? Maybe limit peoples abilitly to report daily. Its annoying that in a comp game of soccer in cars i cant kill a person with kindess in 2018. Much love though i cant stop playing your game and hope to hit Champ this season but ill prolly just remain at Diamond for the rest of my life.

Oh the hypocrisy.
[how about no(t maybe) because GreenMachine said yes]
Scyonite
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Scyonite

Postby kandzius28 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:40 am

Kill them with kindness. I had this one game 1v1 with some boy who from very beginning started to ask me, when and how I am going to kill myself, do I go outside at all with my ugly acne, is my parents ashamed of me and so on and so far. So after agreeing with all of his statements he most probably exploded with his anger that his little psychological game didn't work and just left the game with Brazil in his pocket :) There is just this specific type of people who feeds on others misery. And regarding original post - this is how karma works, you get twice back on what you did wrong :)
kandzius28
Acrobatic

PSN ID: kandzius28

Postby Zengrath on Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:33 pm

kandzius28 wrote:Kill them with kindness. I had this one game 1v1 with some boy who from very beginning started to ask me, when and how I am going to kill myself, do I go outside at all with my ugly acne, is my parents ashamed of me and so on and so far. So after agreeing with all of his statements he most probably exploded with his anger that his little psychological game didn't work and just left the game with Brazil in his pocket :) There is just this specific type of people who feeds on others misery. And regarding original post - this is how karma works, you get twice back on what you did wrong :)

Yes this. I find it hard to just ignore someone attacking me, so if you have to respond, responding with acceptance and kindness is best way to go. For me I sometimes get silence and we continue on match. Sometimes they get worst which only increases their chance of a ban. Just don't repeat anything against rules or seen as harassment yourself. These same toxic players tend to report everyone when you disagree with them in any way.

I usually go benefit of a doubt and assume my teammate is so upset at me because I did something wrong so I try to defend my actions and explain myself but this always turns into everyone attacking me and reporting me for typing. That never made any sense, these days our country has turned into your guilty until proven innocent yet we are not allowed anymore to prove our innocence. When did our country reverse this?
Zengrath
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Zengrath
Region: United States

Return to General Discussion