Ridiculous Chat Ban

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby quatangtpvinh on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:12 am

Okay so, let me begin by saying. The lord and savior jebus christmas knows that i have deserved previous chat 24 hour chat bans ive gotten. i like to say disgusting things in chat because its funny and i know in my heart of hearts some lil boy will report me. HOWEVER...I have 45 mins left on a chat ban i just discovered thismorning. No biggie you would say this guy just said he makes inappropriate comments. This time though a man called me a Kyhke. I know what youre thinking thats not how you spell kike. thats what i thought too so i corrected him and then proceeded to very politley and woithout insult tell him thats not a good word. Trying to as they say kill with kindess. So the other players in the glorious lobby were bashing this guys head in with kind words and explaining thats its not polite to do this type of a thing. This peasent must have reported me and I got banned for saying kike. Psyonix.....Do you read the chat or is it just automated? Maybe limit peoples abilitly to report daily. Its annoying that in a comp game of soccer in cars i cant kill a person with kindess in 2018. Much love though i cant stop playing your game and hope to hit Champ this season but ill prolly just remain at Diamond for the rest of my life.
quatangtpvinh
Supersonic
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:14 am
PSN ID: tvx
Steam ID: tvx02
GamerTag: tvx02
Switch Friend Code: 1996
Region: tvx02

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby kandzius28 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:41 am

For some reason I feel that I already saw the same post some time ago. De javu?
kandzius28
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:12 am
PSN ID: kandzius28
Region: EU

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:58 am

Why does everyone seem to think "He did it first" is an excuse for their own inappropriate behavior?

That other guy's entire purpose for posting that word was to get you to correct him, so HE could get YOU banned.
And you fell for it.
For him, the game is likely more about how many people he can get banned, than winning actual matches.

For the record, the chat ban system is primarily automated, but not entirely automated.
Any time a report is generated for "verbal harassment", the system parses the entire chat log for that match, looking for words which are on the naughty list.
Some of these words, racial slurs in particular, have a zero tolerance policy.

Other words have an acceptable use limit, to prevent people from getting banned for occasional use.
If you use these words too often, you will eventually earn a ban, but those words are not a "one and done" affair, like racial slurs.
Each word has its own threshold for how often it must be used, before it will trigger a ban.

The system also has history built into it.
Any time a player is issued a ban, it increases the likelihood of future bans, and decreases the tolerance the system has with regard to that player.
The thought behind this is "you should have learned the last time".

Beyond the automated portion of the system is the manual review system.
This is reserved for frequent flyers because using it for everyone, every time, would be overwhelming.
This is the part of the system where people can be banned for inappropriately using words which would otherwise be acceptable, such as "black".
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 3297
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby Langmuir on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 am

quatangtpvinh wrote:. i like to say disgusting things in chat because its funny and i know in my heart of hearts some lil boy will report me.


Oh the irony.
Langmuir
Supersonic
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby Scyonite on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:33 am

quatangtpvinh wrote:Okay so, let me begin by saying. The lord and savior jebus christmas knows that i have deserved previous chat 24 hour chat bans ive gotten. i like to say disgusting things in chat because its funny and i know in my heart of hearts some lil boy will report me. HOWEVER...I have 45 mins left on a chat ban i just discovered thismorning. No biggie you would say this guy just said he makes inappropriate comments. This time though a man called me a Kyhke. I know what youre thinking thats not how you spell kike. thats what i thought too so i corrected him and then proceeded to very politley and woithout insult tell him thats not a good word. Trying to as they say kill with kindess. So the other players in the glorious lobby were bashing this guys head in with kind words and explaining thats its not polite to do this type of a thing. This peasent must have reported me and I got banned for saying kike. Psyonix.....Do you read the chat or is it just automated? Maybe limit peoples abilitly to report daily. Its annoying that in a comp game of soccer in cars i cant kill a person with kindess in 2018. Much love though i cant stop playing your game and hope to hit Champ this season but ill prolly just remain at Diamond for the rest of my life.


Oh the hypocrisy.
But at least Vanilla Scyonite is an OG Scyonite LLC.™ product
1337 Scyonite fizzly products LLC.™ - I am affiliated with myself
Scyonite
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:02 am
Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby kandzius28 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:40 am

Kill them with kindness. I had this one game 1v1 with some boy who from very beginning started to ask me, when and how I am going to kill myself, do I go outside at all with my ugly acne, is my parents ashamed of me and so on and so far. So after agreeing with all of his statements he most probably exploded with his anger that his little psychological game didn't work and just left the game with Brazil in his pocket :) There is just this specific type of people who feeds on others misery. And regarding original post - this is how karma works, you get twice back on what you did wrong :)
kandzius28
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:12 am
PSN ID: kandzius28
Region: EU

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby Zengrath on Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:33 pm

kandzius28 wrote:Kill them with kindness. I had this one game 1v1 with some boy who from very beginning started to ask me, when and how I am going to kill myself, do I go outside at all with my ugly acne, is my parents ashamed of me and so on and so far. So after agreeing with all of his statements he most probably exploded with his anger that his little psychological game didn't work and just left the game with Brazil in his pocket :) There is just this specific type of people who feeds on others misery. And regarding original post - this is how karma works, you get twice back on what you did wrong :)


Yes this. I find it hard to just ignore someone attacking me, so if you have to respond, responding with acceptance and kindness is best way to go. For me I sometimes get silence and we continue on match. Sometimes they get worst which only increases their chance of a ban. Just don't repeat anything against rules or seen as harassment yourself. These same toxic players tend to report everyone when you disagree with them in any way.

I usually go benefit of a doubt and assume my teammate is so upset at me because I did something wrong so I try to defend my actions and explain myself but this always turns into everyone attacking me and reporting me for typing. That never made any sense, these days our country has turned into your guilty until proven innocent yet we are not allowed anymore to prove our innocence. When did our country reverse this?
Zengrath
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:56 pm
Steam ID: Zengrath
Region: United States

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby rl waste of money on Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Ban system is a joke, the people that actually deserve the ban get nothing the people reacting to the person that instigated get all the blame and the ban. Meanwhile you are expected to stfu and take your multiple ruined ranked games like a little bitch. Oh and get that nice juicy ban yourself because the system sees you as the one at fault. I didnt know this game was run by the US government, lots of similairities just saying.
rl waste of money
Supersonic
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:15 pm
Steam ID: RedViper0517
Region: Netherlands

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby Doomstrike on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:09 am

no it's all automatic, the difference is while you aren't reporting them the second you say something they are reporting you because their intention is getting you banned in the first place. You aren't expected to take it. You are expected to report them then mute them. If you respond it doesn't matter who is responsible. you say something that gets scanned and picked up you get a ban. If you report them the same will happen to them. As the famous saying goes don't be stupid stupid if you get baited into retaliation you just lost the game
Image
Image
Doomstrike
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:49 pm
PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby Scyonite on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 am

rl waste of money wrote:Ban system is a joke, the people that actually deserve the ban get nothing the people reacting to the person that instigated get all the blame and the ban. Meanwhile you are expected to stfu and take your multiple ruined ranked games like a little bitch. Oh and get that nice juicy ban yourself because the system sees you as the one at fault. I didnt know this game was run by the US government, lots of similairities just saying.


So basically; your brother eats your pizza and calls you a nitwit, you call him a moron and your mom catches you because your brother went to his mother. And then you're baffled that you get punishment and your brother doesn't, all the while your mother is unaware of what your brother did? The only difference with Rocket League is that you're stripped of the ability of also "telling your mother" as soon as you leave the match.

Not taking into account what I just said. You're crying about unfair and disrespectful behaviour, yet you also seem to think it's okay for you to do so? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

By the way, how do you know about the intricacies of the US government if you live in The Netherlands? What are you even trying to say, really?
But at least Vanilla Scyonite is an OG Scyonite LLC.™ product
1337 Scyonite fizzly products LLC.™ - I am affiliated with myself
Scyonite
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:02 am
Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:03 am

Scyonite wrote:By the way, how do you know about the intricacies of the US government if you live in The Netherlands?

Twitter? :shock:
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 3297
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby Scyonite on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:24 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
Scyonite wrote:By the way, how do you know about the intricacies of the US government if you live in The Netherlands?

Twitter? :shock:


Hahahaha :lol:
But at least Vanilla Scyonite is an OG Scyonite LLC.™ product
1337 Scyonite fizzly products LLC.™ - I am affiliated with myself
Scyonite
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:02 am
Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Re: Ridiculous Chat Ban

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:35 pm

Scyonite wrote:
NoOne-NBA wrote:
Scyonite wrote:By the way, how do you know about the intricacies of the US government if you live in The Netherlands?

Twitter? :shock:


Hahahaha :lol:

That's the new information dissemination channel for both, so maybe there is something to his theory of similarity.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 3297
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AlexCuse44 and 14 guests