I'm encountering some odd performance

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

I'm encountering some odd performance

Postby Doc_C on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:57 pm

Over the past few weeks I've notice odd frame drop, stuttering, and general performance issues. After turning on the performance overlay I've been able to nail down what is happening. Though, as my other post https://www.psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=46112 shows, no one has been able to tell me what all the metrics on the performance overlay means. We're going on three weeks of no answer on that. But, I've recorded what is going on. The car is slowly bouncing in tune with a spike in frame time. Showing a weird physics reset with frame scaling.

The video link is my main menu with car bouncing and matching the frame time spike. It does spike the "GPU" metric as well, but as stated above no one has been able to tell me what all the metrics mean or what they actually measure. Also, whenever I hover over the "Play" button on the main menu it also spikes my frame time. These drops in FPS from a limited 160 down to 7-15 are even occurring in game. Usually when I approach the ball, but not every time.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

System Specs:
AMD 1700x
GTX 1070
16GB Ram
Game installed on SSD
Windows 10 1803
Doc_C
Supersonic

PSN ID: Dr_Bloc
Region: United States

Return to Help and Support