Smurfing/alternate accounts

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Smurfing/alternate accounts

Postby Dunkzilla21 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:45 am

Psyonix can you please seriously do something about smurfing, I shouldn’t have to go into a solo match as a plat 1 and be worried about some grand champion doing air dribbles and ceiling shots on me it’s not fair at all and it’s honestly ruining the game for my friends and I. Please put something in place for this because I truly love this game but this side of the community is truly ruining the game.
Dunkzilla21
Supersonic

PSN ID: Dunkzilla21

Re: Smurfing/alternate accounts

Postby NoOne-NBA on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 am

Dunkzilla21 wrote:Psyonix can you please seriously do something about smurfing...

No, they can't.

In your particular case (being on PSN) Psyonix made a specific request to prevent family share accounts from playing Competitive.
Sony told them "Absolutely NOT".
Valve was the only company which allowed Psyonix to prevent family share accounts from playing Competitive on their platform, but even there smurfing is as simple as buying a second account.

The one suggestion I've heard, which would actually reduce the ease with which people can smurf, is to require some level of progress in Casual before being allowed into Competitive.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby Dunkzilla21 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:25 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
Dunkzilla21 wrote:Psyonix can you please seriously do something about smurfing...

No, they can't.

In your particular case (being on PSN) Psyonix made a specific request to prevent family share accounts from playing Competitive.
Sony told them "Absolutely NOT".
Valve was the only company which allowed Psyonix to prevent family share accounts from playing Competitive on their platform, but even there smurfing is as simple as buying a second account.

The one suggestion I've heard, which would actually reduce the ease with which people can smurf, is to require some level of progress in Casual before being allowed into Competitive.

But see that’s still actually something, but they could put in under the report/mute menu a surfing option so they at least watch their accounts because the ones I’ve versed are happy to admit they are because there is no consequence for doing so. At least that way they would be getting monitored and if they are smurfing van the account, it is cheating after all.
Dunkzilla21
Supersonic

Postby fatabsim on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:29 pm

too many smurfs in ranked -_-
fatabsim
Supersonic

Steam ID: SlimAbSim | Trading

Postby Dunkzilla21 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Exactly my point
Dunkzilla21
Supersonic

Postby Tentacles on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:10 am

Just because someone is doing ceiling shots doesn't mean they are grand champ. Chances are that person spent countless hours practicing cool looking shots but couldn't rotate a peanut off a jackhammer.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Dunkzilla21 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:02 am

It’s not just ceiling shots but that’s still way above gold 3/plat 1, I see flip resets crazy double taps like montage worth shots in a mid level rank it’s just not fair
Dunkzilla21
Supersonic

Postby Spiffers on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:17 pm

And meanwhile the most impressive thing I typically see is ceiling shot attempts at D3/C1. Attempts. Not even always good ones.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Return to Help and Support