Steam Overlay issue

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Steam Overlay issue

Postby YetiYellow on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:33 pm

Ive googled this issue, seen several people have it, but never found a solution to it, so im hoping maybe someone here has one.

I cannot start a party because I cant invite friends. shift+tab does nothing, invite friends does nothing, alt tabbing out and sending an invite through steam does nothing. I cant buy keys to unlock loot boxes, it says platform overlay needs to be enabled. Even when I go into options now and try to change controller settings, when I click on configure, nothing happens. a couple of weeks ago I changed my configuration, so not being able to do that is recent. It worked just fine then.

Steam overlay is checked for enabled in the options. Ive uninstalled rocket league. Im running it as admin, ive tried in bigg picture mode, and not in big picture mode. Ive even disabled steam overlay, ran the game, then went back in and enabled it again to see if it would get it going, but it did not.

Im up to like 40+ loot boxes, so it would be nice to get to open some of those, and to be able to invite people. So if anyone can help out ill buy you a taco.
YetiYellow
Supersonic

Steam ID: Yeti_Piss
Region: US

Re: Steam Overlay issue

Postby AlexCuse44 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:40 am

Does steam overlay work in other games?
AlexCuse44
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby YetiYellow on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:34 pm

yes, rocket league is the only game I have this issue with.

Ive also seen people say if you run a capture program, like fraps, it could cause this issue. While I don't run fraps, it occurred to me not long ago that NVIDIA has some sort of capture software, as well as windows 10 having the windows+G menu for gaming that has capture software on it as well. So im gonna try getting both of those shut down now and see if that helps. But other than that ill be at a loss.

<UPDATE>

This fixed the problem. I guess it was the capture software either in Nvidia, Windows, or both. Turning them off seems to have fixed the issue.
YetiYellow
Supersonic

Steam ID: Yeti_Piss
Region: US

Postby AlexCuse44 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:26 pm

Glad you were able to resolve the issue :)
AlexCuse44
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:09 am

Think I've seen others recommend turning off the Windows Game Bar thing as that has been known to cause issues.
made by AlexCuse44
zGreenMachine-
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Return to Help and Support