PlayStation+ a Requirement to play online?

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

PlayStation+ a Requirement to play online?

Postby LilKDB71 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Players required to have PlayStation plus now to play online?

Just yesterday my son was able to play with me online on his account- and under my account. I have PlayStation plus, he does not..

Why are we getting messages stating he needs to get PlayStation plus?! Seriously!

This is ridiculous!

Kim
LilKDB71
Supersonic

PSN ID: Lilkim71

Re: PlayStation+ a Requirement to play online?

Postby AlexCuse44 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 pm

Take it up with Sony.
[how about yes]
AlexCuse44
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Spiffers on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:51 pm

Yeah, I've never been quite sure when this becomes an issue - I don't have a PS4, but my uncle does. For a while, it worked fine me playing with my PS+ (that I mostly have for PS3 purposes) could play with my cousin on his own account, but being PS4+less, then it broke for a while, then it fixed again. I don't know exactly where the problems were, but... yeah, this is more a Sony thing than a Psyonix thing to my knowledge as well.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Postby Tentacles on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:46 pm

Yes console is ridiculous, how they trick people into paying twice for internet I will never know.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby AlexCuse44 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:32 am

Tentacles wrote:Yes console is ridiculous, how they trick people into paying twice for internet I will never know.

But you pay for internet and it barely works! :pimp:

pcmasterrace
[how about yes]
AlexCuse44
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby Tentacles on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:34 pm

AlexCuse44 wrote:
But you pay for internet and it barely works! :pimp:

pcmasterrace

Ya I live in a state where Comcast runs a monopoly on internet. I'm super fucked.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby N7Mith on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:08 am

LilKDB71 wrote:Players required to have PlayStation plus now to play online?

Just yesterday my son was able to play with me online on his account- and under my account. I have PlayStation plus, he does not..

Why are we getting messages stating he needs to get PlayStation plus?! Seriously!

This is ridiculous!

Kim

If the profile that has the playstation set as primary device has PS+, all other profiles logged into that playstation can play online. I don't have PS+ atm, and since I 'swapped' consoles with my buddy who does I can play online. His profile does not need to be logged in for me to benefit from his ps+ either. Maybe something has changed in your settings? Did your PS+ expire maybe?
Check out my reviews for awesome Star Wars fan-films!
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Glassman94 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:31 am

Tentacles wrote:Yes console is ridiculous, how they trick people into paying twice for internet I will never know.

I paid $30 for a year of PS+. Received dozens of free games, several of which we play on a regular basis. The games we have received have a combined value over $500. That's how they do it.

I'm still trying to figure out how they trick people into spending $1,500 for a gaming computer with a GPU that will be outdated in a year or two. (assuming it lasts that long) Apparently updating drivers, troubleshooting problems, replacing components and constantly working on a computer has an appeal all it's own.

Heartbroken to miss all the fun.
Glassman94
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Glassman94

Postby steblood on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:37 am

If the primary account on the PlayStation has PS+, then all accounts will be able to play online using the primary PS+

I have had this issue a few times, when I hadn't logged into my primary account first, or I am logged into the primary account on another PlayStation
Motherboard: X299-A | CPU: i9-7900X | RAM: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz | GPU: 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti | SSD: 500GB WD Blue™ 3D NAND 2.5" SSD | HDD: 2TB SATA-III | PSU: 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
steblood
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: steblood
Steam ID: steblood
Region: EU

Postby Tentacles on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:45 pm

Glassman94 wrote:

I paid $30 for a year of PS+. Received dozens of free games, several of which we play on a regular basis. The games we have received have a combined value over $500. That's how they do it.

I'm still trying to figure out how they trick people into spending $1,500 for a gaming computer with a GPU that will be outdated in a year or two. (assuming it lasts that long) Apparently updating drivers, troubleshooting problems, replacing components and constantly working on a computer has an appeal all it's own.

Heartbroken to miss all the fun.

Gaming computers last just as long as consoles and can be slowly upgraded over time to last longer, and of course, we don't pay for internet twice nor do we have to buy shitty $60 controllers that constantly break. PC Master race. Oh and we actually get true 4k.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby AlexCuse44 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Tentacles some people happen like 30 fps I guess.
[how about yes]
AlexCuse44
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Return to Help and Support