Abusive Behaviour - 10/01/2019

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Abusive Behaviour - 10/01/2019

Postby Sylvangz on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 pm

Hey RL Community & Psyonix mods.

Since there seems to be absolutely no good system in place for reporting players for grievous conduct, I'm forced to make an account & thread for it here.

Played a 3's ranked Game with a team-mate who became very aggressive half-way through and deliberately started to throw the game, playing against us and telling players in the game to commit suicide. This is a very offensive and toxic nature of player, ruining the experience for people and possibly leading to self-harm for players receiving the abuse if their in a fragile state of mind or/and young/easily prone to outside influence.

Offending Player: [name removed by mod]
Servers: Oceanic
Time: 10:57 AEST
Date: 10/01/2019
Offence(s): Intentionally scoring for the opposition. Telling players to hang themselves.
Photo Evidence: [link removed by mod]
Sylvangz
Supersonic

Steam ID: Sylvangz

Re: Abusive Behaviour - 10/01/2019

Postby littlebigleg on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:07 am

ive always said they should have chat turned off when you buy the game ,And when you turn it on it should have a quick warning .Wouldn't hurt Psyonix to have a small disclaimer in there as well
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby Soggy_Gamer on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:56 am

I understand the suggestion to turn the chat off, but I hate having to do it. I don't understand why people can't just behave with the slightest bit of maturity or respect. The "actions taken" messages that I get regarding reports filed are mildly encouraging, although I don't know the extent of the actions taken, or how two more always manage to pop up after getting away from one abusive player. Regardless, I uninstalled the game today after being called a "f*cking n*gger". I adore this game, but the community is just too much. I hope you guys have better luck in the future,
Soggy_Gamer
Supersonic

Steam ID: soggy
GamerTag: sneaky meatbuns
Region: Both

Postby Scyonite on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:59 am

Soggy_Gamer wrote:I understand the suggestion to turn the chat off, but I hate having to do it. I don't understand why people can't just behave with the slightest bit of maturity or respect. The "actions taken" messages that I get regarding reports filed are mildly encouraging, although I don't know the extent of the actions taken, or how two more always manage to pop up after getting away from one abusive player. Regardless, I uninstalled the game today after being called a "f*cking n*gger". I adore this game, but the community is just too much. I hope you guys have better luck in the future,

That specific word gets someone chat banned as soon as you report them.

made by AlexCuse44

made by zGreenMachine-
Scyonite
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby kandzius28 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:21 am

Soggy_Gamer wrote:I understand the suggestion to turn the chat off, but I hate having to do it. I don't understand why people can't just behave with the slightest bit of maturity or respect. The "actions taken" messages that I get regarding reports filed are mildly encouraging, although I don't know the extent of the actions taken, or how two more always manage to pop up after getting away from one abusive player. Regardless, I uninstalled the game today after being called a "f*cking n*gger". I adore this game, but the community is just too much. I hope you guys have better luck in the future,

I am sorry but this is a bit funny to me. So instead of just turning chat off you just delete the game? Are you serious? Isn't it overreaction? It's the same as "o shit I just cut my finger a bit now I have to amputate my arm..." :cheesygrin:
kandzius28
Acrobatic

PSN ID: kandzius28

Postby Tentacles on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:02 am

kandzius28 wrote:I am sorry but this is a bit funny to me. So instead of just turning chat off you just delete the game? Are you serious? Isn't it overreaction? It's the same as "o shit I just cut my finger a bit now I have to amputate my arm..." :cheesygrin:

Don't call him out on real life, you know what that will mean for him???
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby N7Mith on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:33 pm

You can report players during matches (not after) Press start and select mute/report players. Since people have to manually evaluate these cases, you're not going to see results soon, but eventually they'll get banned. After a couple strikes they're banned for ever.

You can also turn off chat for just the opponents, that takes care of half the grief.
RocketID: N7Mith#7623
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby kandzius28 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:10 am

Oh by the way. Did you know that there is this option "quick chat only"?
kandzius28
Acrobatic

PSN ID: kandzius28

Postby Portal154 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:42 pm

Turning chat off is a stupid "solution".
I like having chat on, so I can talk to others in the game and they can talk to me. It's nice when you play against good players, who don't act like tools and spam chat with obscenitites, and put-downs. It's nice to have a chat with them, or to pay a compliment that isn't quick-chat, when something cool happens.

Turning chat off removes all of that. Why have chat in the first place then?

We need to have a quick and easy option to report idiots, so we can remove them and reduce the amount of stupid in this game.
Something also needs to be done when these players are being reported, so the community slowly improves and weeds out these immature tossers.
Portal154
Supersonic

PSN ID: Portal154
Region: Australia

Postby Spiffers on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Basically, I'm still waiting for some of these big games to start offering sub-groups for ranked. Basically, the ability to have a user-moderated group that can play in those ladders.

In my opinion, being the only real way to REASONABLY deal with all levels of toxicity is in a way where permanently banning someone can hurt them without removing them entirely from being able to play the game. And that's the problem with "global" matchmaking - either you're a part of it, or you're not. And banning someone from this ONLY way to play the game can severely affect a company's reputation if they take it too far - and what too far is is a very subjective point. It will always be a point that's not far enough for some, and way too far for others.

So make those player-moderated communities - if you act like a douche and break those community rules, you're getting a ban from that group. If you want to appeal it - appeal to the players. Everything is more transparent (although also typically more biased) this way.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Return to General Discussion