Would you consider reporting? and which report?

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Would you consider reporting? and which report?

Postby legaCypowers on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:33 pm

1st case - Playing, kickoff position being two "centered" and one in a corner and the corner player don't go for kickoff without telling the team.

2nd case - Teammate constantly bumping you on purpose.

3rd case - Player goes afk for sometime causing the other team to score, and coming back before the afk autokick.

4th case - Player X center the ball giving the opponent a open net goal, Player Y say "Great Pass", who would you report?

5th case - Teammate start playing with the other team resulting in a 4v2 or 3v1 situation.

6th case - Same as 2nd case but you are from the other team(like you are orange, and a blue player is bumping another blue player on purpose)

7th case - Same as 3rd but your team scored the goal and the other team has the afk teammate that gave the goal to your team.

8th case - You are from the orange team, and a player of blue team start saying toxic things about their teammates.

9th case - You are from the orange team, and a player of blue team criticize his/her teammate mentioning facts that happened on the match.

10th case - you lost the game, would you report your team?

The purpose of this thread is just a social experiment that i'm doing, if you don't wanna answer these questions please refrain from replying to this thread.
And if you wanna reply, please do honestly, reply with your action when these things happens on a competitive game.
legaCypowers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: legacypowers
Region: South America

Re: Would you consider reporting? and which report?

Postby spoons on Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:01 pm

legaCypowers wrote:1st case - Playing, kickoff position being two "centered" and one in a corner and the corner player don't go for kickoff without telling the team.

3rd case - Player goes afk for sometime causing the other team to score, and coming back before the afk autokick.

4th case - Player X center the ball giving the opponent a open net goal, Player Y say "Great Pass", who would you report?

5th case - Teammate start playing with the other team resulting in a 4v2 or 3v1 situation.

6th case - Same as 2nd case but you are from the other team(like you are orange, and a blue player is bumping another blue player on purpose)

7th case - Same as 3rd but your team scored the goal and the other team has the afk teammate that gave the goal to your team.

8th case - You are from the orange team, and a player of blue team start saying toxic things about their teammates.

9th case - You are from the orange team, and a player of blue team criticize his/her teammate mentioning facts that happened on the match.

The purpose of this thread is just a social experiment that i'm doing, if you don't wanna answer these questions please refrain from replying to this thread.
And if you wanna reply, please do honestly, reply with your action when these things happens on a competitive game.

I never really report people because i literally couldnt care less what people do in a video game. The only ever reports i have filed is vitriolic abuse thrown at me, the rest.... i dont care
spoons
Acrobatic

Postby Scyonite on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:33 pm

legaCypowers wrote:1st case - Playing, kickoff position being two "centered" and one in a corner and the corner player don't go for kickoff without telling the team.

1) No, if second time a verbal reminder.

2) If done for more than 10 seconds, unsportsmanlike conduct.

3) If afking a second time, although it also depends on how the person reacts when I point out afking is a nono.

4) No.

5) Immediately, unsportsmanlike conduct.

6) Depends on if that blue teammate seems to, verbally, care. If he prompts us to also report I will. Unsportsmanlike conduct.

7) Same as 6.

8) No, let them be their own downfall lol.

9) No.

10) Wut?

What if I do want to reply, what do I do then? :thinking:
"don't steal my pfp" -me
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby Tentacles on Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:41 am

I ain't no snitch.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Galactic Geek on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:38 am

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. No
Galactic Geek
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby Spiffers on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:42 am

I'm with you, Galactic, except that for 9, it depends on how it's all said and done. If you lose the game because you were typing criticism (aka you were effectively AFK because you were typing instead), then it's worth a report. However, if someone is honestly giving feedback on play (criticize does not mean attacking a player, but instead giving an opinion on the situation and how it could be done differently), and it's not costing the match because of the typing, then I'm fine with it, at a report level.

Now, if the question of "does that help?", the answer (99% of the time) is no, you're just going to tilt your teammate instead. However, it's not report worthy if it's done correctly - and I'm not talking the 1% when it's taken properly. I just mean when it's provided appropriately, regardless of how it's taken.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Postby Hydroxyde on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:54 am

1st case - Nope, If playing with randoms you should expect them to miss or not going for kick offs. I mainly stay centered and wait for the kickoff to resolve. I've played with several players that do this and even tho' it's annoying, there is nothing to report. You can't report dumbness as far as i know

2nd case - Yes

3rd case - No, yes... You are at a disadvantage, but it is still better than the 2nd case. You can still do something on your own, plus maybe they are having IRL issues. I give them a pass

4th case - It all depends on the attitude of the attacking player. If they seem to be in cahoots. Then yes i report both of them. If it was a mistake and he is just being sarcastic. nahh, mistakes happen

5th case - Yes

6th case - This is one of the only things that makes me type in game. I offer the other team to report the offender

7th case - Unless asked or 6th case-like, i don't report other team members

8th case - I let their team handle it unless asked to report the offender

9th case - Same as the 8th case. If he is being toxic beyond belief i will side with the other player if asked for input.

10th case - nah
Hydroxyde
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: hdxyde
Region: Chile

Return to General Discussion