So far, a clusterfuck of a release

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

So far, a clusterfuck of a release

Postby chucklepie on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:56 pm

... with no sign of a fix.

Here in PS4 land you click the 'play' menu and the menu flashes so hard (selecting and deselecting the current menu item) you have to mash your button in a kind of mini-game to start a game or exit the menu, when you see 'updating ping to region' message half the time the game freezes for about 10 seconds, in casual you get 2v3, 4v3 games because team management has buggered up the selection of players, when you start a game you get upwards of 15 seconds of choppy gameplay with textures half loaded, every other game has a bad server.

Just when will Psyonix make a release that doesn't break the game, or perhaps actually invest in a testing team? It's pointless creating tickets because nothing ever happens to them and you go round in circles with them asking for screenshots, videos, etc as if they cannot recreate your steps. Then when you do supply stuff, it just gets ignored.
chucklepie
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Re: So far, a clusterfuck of a release

Postby Elyruin on Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:24 am

How do you expect them to test how every single server, packet route, region, etc... is going to react to every single line of code. Even off of a PTS or beta you still can't find every issue and you can't fix an issue until you know it exists. Now I'm not saying that they shouldn't have a pretty good idea at this point but at least they are pretty responsive when the issues arise.
Check out my channel for live streams and videos:
https://www.youtube.com/labxflamingo

Grow your YouTube channel with YouWatch!
https://www.youwatch.shop
Elyruin
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Flamingo
GamerTag: LaB x Flamingo
Region: United States

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Elyruin wrote:How do you expect them to test how every single server, packet route, region, etc... is going to react to every single line of code. Even off of a PTS or beta you still can't find every issue and you can't fix an issue until you know it exists. Now I'm not saying that they shouldn't have a pretty good idea at this point but at least they are pretty responsive when the issues arise.

there still shouldn't be UI bugs or even 4v3 matches in a 3v3 playlist. Those are issues that really should be caught in testing.
don't steal my pfp
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby 2psah on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:47 am

Elyruin wrote:How do you expect them to test how every single server, packet route, region, etc... is going to react to every single line of code. Even off of a PTS or beta you still can't find every issue and you can't fix an issue until you know it exists. Now I'm not saying that they shouldn't have a pretty good idea at this point but at least they are pretty responsive when the issues arise.

With beta testers, r u stupid?
2psah
Acrobatic

PSN ID: TUPPERDE2PS
Region: Europe

Postby Tentacles on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:05 am

Savage!
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Burito101 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:56 am

I agree, I need grand champion rank and theyre not giving it to me. Wtf psyonix. I need rank reperations. I was oppressed and need free ranks. Its only fair.

I'm glad this problem is finally coming to fruition so we can get to the bottom of this problem.
Burito101
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Scyonite on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Burito101 wrote:I agree, I need grand champion rank and theyre not giving it to me. Wtf psyonix. I need rank reperations. I was oppressed and need free ranks. Its only fair.

I'm glad this problem is finally coming to fruition so we can get to the bottom of this problem.

I LULed +1
"don't steal my pfp" -me
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Return to General Discussion