XB1 Zephyr Update - Now Unplayable

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

XB1 Zephyr Update - Now Unplayable

Postby DonFriedChicken on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:21 am

Hello,

I have had rocket league for a couple years now and never had as much as a single problem with the game crashing and then...
1) i began trading 6 weeks or so ago and have got myself a wonderful array of items in that time without as much as a glitch.
2) the much anticipated Zephyr Update drops and i am more than excited to see what this holds for myself in terms of new items to potentially get my hands on.
3) a new symbol appears upon installation - "!" hovering above Toppers, what could this be? nothing just a permanent scar etched onto my inventory leaving me wondering whats happened.
4) first crash happens, mid game, 3 and a half minutes left to play in a competitive 3s match, think little off it and head back to my mates for another game.
5) second crash happens, this time end of match as we exit the arena.
6) third crash happens, this time waiting for all players to join before kick off.
7) fourth crash happens, this time in my inventory screen.
8) Game is now unplayable as the crashes are becoming so often that its become beyond frustrating.

So thats how it happened, now the things i have noticed.
1) Crashes appear to happen either, On the main menu (this is a black screen and throws you straight out onto the xbox dashboard), In your own inventory (this often takes place when i tab into the boost section of my inventory causing screen tear and inevitable complete screen freeze before exit to dashboard), Competitive gaming appears to be hit harder than casual gaming (This will be a screen freeze and exit to dashboard).
2) the "!" icon above toppers appeared in collaboration with the crashes beginning.

Moving on to what i have tried in order to fix said problem
1) Forget it, i have done everything. its easier to say the only thing i haven't tried just yet is a new gamertag. (I don't mean change my name)

I just want to enjoy the game as i used to, this is a horrible bug that has put me in a position where i cannot continue to use my main account and part of me doesn't want to create a new profile just to play the game. It takes away the hard work put in to achieve certain season rewards and ultimately makes the game a non competitive game now.

Best Regards,
Simon
DonFriedChicken
Supersonic

GamerTag: DonFriedChicken
Region: EU

Re: XB1 Zephyr Update - Now Unplayable

Postby DonFriedChicken on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:20 am

Does nobody respond on here? I thought this was for getting support?
DonFriedChicken
Supersonic

GamerTag: DonFriedChicken

Postby Scyonite on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:49 am

The internet, it works in mysterious ways.

https://support.rocketleague.com/hc/en-us
When nothing works - Get silly, but be respectful. Be happy you got matched against me, giving you room to improve!
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: Scyonite

Postby Scyonite on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:52 am

I crashed when they released the anniversary update too. What fixed it was deleting the Rocket League folder in my documents. This is just a settings folder and Rocket League will create a new one on startup, just remember what settings you use.

Documents\My Games\Rocket League
When nothing works - Get silly, but be respectful. Be happy you got matched against me, giving you room to improve!
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: Scyonite

Return to Help and Support