solo vs 3x team

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

solo vs 3x team

Postby Nimond on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello, I have just played 7 3 vs 3 rating, I play it without friends(solo) and all in my team are always solo, but all 7 times enemies team are x3 team playing together. and minimum 5 times, it was one smurf in their team (its 100%, after 10 games with smurfs I am on bronse 1 (i think i must be on bronse 3 at least)) and enemy play 12/10. In all pop games (cs, dota) if you play in team you will fight with team, you plays solo, you will fight with solo players. DEVELOPERS, I CANT IMPROVE MY SKILL PLAYING WITH SMURFS, FIX IT PLEASE. <STEAM>
Nimond
Supersonic

Region: Ru

Re: solo vs 3x team

Postby Scyonite on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:32 pm

Bruv, there's solo standard. You want to be in solo standard, and it's there. You not teaming up in 3v3 standard just means your team is at a teaming disadvantage.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby Nimond on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:07 am

Ohno, it's not only disadvantage, the teams in 3v3 often means smurfs.
Nimond
Supersonic

Postby Nimond on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:09 am

Dont pretend that the problem does not exist
Nimond
Supersonic

Postby Scyonite on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:32 am

Okay problem 1: teams in a ranked playlist. This problem receives my last comment. The 3v3 playlist is made for teams to be able to do 3v3 ranked, you can choose to not team with anyone, but it is your choice to play this playlist without a team; you sign up for the possible eventuality of playing with two randomers, which are also randomers to themselves. The opponent team on the other hand being a full-fledged team. You fix this by playing solo standard.

Problem 2: smurfs. I agree this problem is overlooked by my comment; smurfing could and should be tackled to some degree. But the intricacies of what degree is the right one is a heavy debate. It does not take away from the fact that you will meet less smurfs in solo standard as well though; people can't get carried here. The only smurfs you'll meet in solo standard is the people that still need to calibrate their rank.

Some smurfing comments on the forums:

Spiffers wrote:There's one significant problem with this - There's multiple platforms on which you can play this game, and there's no way to link the accounts to match them up. Rocket League also doesn't ask you "How much prior experience do you have with this game?".

This means that if anyone changes platforms for any reason - Because they got a good PC and want to try it out at higher settings; because their friends all play on XBox and they've played on PS4 all this time; they just got a switch and they want to try it on the highly mobile platform. All sorts of reasons, and they'd all be labelled as "smurfs" when a lot of the time, they're forced to play on a new account and work their way through.

If you do mean people making multiple accounts off one purchase - I don't think this happens through steam anymore (only the main purchaser can play online now, although I could be wrong), and as for console markets, I have very little experience, but one thing is very clear - unless their only goal is to keep playing and stomping newbies, it's not REALLY a problem, as they will make their way back to where their skill should have them in a decent timeframe.

I was looking at the ToS just now - is there really a line in there that says anything about creating new accounts and playing the game fresh? Like... that basically is the definition of smurfing, is it not? If it's not, please enlighten me. However, there are many legitimate reasons I can see for someone creating a new account in Rocket League, although most of those have to do with platform changes. I don't think someone should get banned for playing at the level they can play at - unless they're being obviously toxic at the same time. And if they are being obviously toxic at the same time (in chat or similar situations), then they should be banned for those actions, not the fact they're playing on a new account.

SomeOne-NBA wrote:Let me make sure I have this correct, your "solution" to facing too many Diamond/Champion-level players in Platinum is to knock EVERYONE down into Bronze, which will force ALL the Diamond/Champion-level players who aren't currently smurfing to play as smurfs?

Galactic Greek wrote:I don't have issue with someone changing platforms provided they're honest and blow through the ranks; it's when they create a secondary (or sometimes a third, fourth, etc.) account to purposefully stay at a low rank in order to dominate others that bothers me - those are the players that hurt the community and keep it from growing larger.

As for the game's popularity, most games don't last one year, much less three, or ten. This game was also recently added to Xbox Live Game Pass, which has significantly helped its popularity on that specific platform. Add in the new premium pass and leveling system that's coming, and I will proudly say that Rocket League is in no danger of losing its footing.

Doomstrike wrote:You don't address half the issues with this. Time played vs rank is just dumb. This Game is on so many platforms whenever someone changes platform you would penalize them. The game is cheap so getting new copies to create fresh accounts would get screwed over as well. Some people I know have accounts for playing backwards, to play ranked with low tiered friends, and primary accounts for the grind to grand champ. Non of those get fixed or addressed and they aren't wrong.

Team ranks is something we need. I need to be able to have 3 teams with different mmr's that aren't affected by each other so I can play with my diamond buddies and not effect my other team that I'm grinding to GC with. Something like that would help a lot asyou can have your individual MMR, and say 2 or 3 team mmr that are all different. That might help a bit.

Forcing someone to not be able to play rank bercause of time or rank difference hurts the game. When Psyonix implemented more strict teams and locks that community lost their mind and forced Psyonix to change it back.

The other thing is all those smurfs or people getting boosted also get hit at the end of the season, look in help and support and see how many people open threads about not getting there rewards. Psyonix does watch and penalizes those who were boosted or did the boosting

Syconite wrote:I have a smurf myself. Why? 'Cause my real life friends that are not champs won't like the experience of playing with me. The reality is that when they join me, we mostly play against high diamonds (in unranked). We don't get people "in the middle". My gold/plat friend just can't cope. Therefore I have an account that does not represent my skill, I hold back and let my friends play, but I will get the occasional smurf play yes.

In all honesty, maybe Psyonix should make a smurfing playlist. Teams that have a smurf can apply on this playlist and will be placed in matches where one player is clearly better than another (in the teams). That way smurfing in the normal playlists can be punished.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby NoOne-NBA on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 am

Scyonite wrote:BYou not teaming up in 3v3 standard just means your team is at a teaming disadvantage.

That's not necessarily true.
Psyonix has set the system up so that it will try to give the solo players a slight MMR advantage, when they are facing pre-made teams.
A lot of the time that allows the team I'm on to do considerably better than it would if I were teamed with people on my friends list.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby Scyonite on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:23 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:
Scyonite wrote:BYou not teaming up in 3v3 standard just means your team is at a teaming disadvantage.

That's not necessarily true.
Psyonix has set the system up so that it will try to give the solo players a slight MMR advantage, when they are facing pre-made teams.
A lot of the time that allows the team I'm on to do considerably better than it would if I were teamed with people on my friends list.

Oh they do? I didn't know that. Welp it's still a teaming disadvantage, but not an MMR disadvantage then :>
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby NoOne-NBA on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:35 am

Psyonix has tweaked the numbers to balance the wins/losses between the two types of groups as best they can.

That balance is an overall balance though, so individual results will vary.
Some people see more losses when they play solo.
Others, like myself, see more wins playing solo.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Return to Help and Support