Stolen items

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Stolen items

Postby og ludo on Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:20 pm

Hello everyone, I am here to get some help. I sign into rocket league yesterday on my xbox account and realized my car was default. at this point im thinking it is a glitch or the game that has caused this. checking my inventory all items are gone, only thing that was left are a hand full of limited items and trade locked items. I am lost for words and speechless. I didnt have a whole lot of stuff but i did have a heatwave some nitro lime dracos party time and some smaller bmds. I dont know what to do guys, please help!!
og ludo
Supersonic

GamerTag: og ludo

Re: Stolen items

Postby og ludo on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:23 am

Update: Recently Confirmed by psyonix that a massive inventory trade happend on 8-5-2018 to a certain gametertag, which i won't release. It was an odd thing because my internet went down for about an hour and a half. After contacting my Isp and setting up appointments, not sure if the hackers or hacker caused my internet to go down but it seemed to be perfect timing for them. if anyone can help, Please let me know. Thank you!
og ludo
Supersonic

Postby Scyonite on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:07 am

Have you ever tried to login somewhere you probably should not have logged in, after you were approached for a trade or a giveaway? You might've been phished. Along with your account info being available to these people they also might've gotten a hold of your IP. Your ISP should be able to confirm whether or not you might've been the victim of a denial-of-service attack. I highly recommend contacting your isp about this and ask them for a new IP if they confirm this happened.
AlexCuse44
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby og ludo on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:22 am

yea, it just seemed odd my internet went down and my items get stolen about the same time. Its seems to be more than someone just finding out my password. my isp will be showing up in the next hour to replace the modem because sunday when it went down i contacted them and he had me do a hard reset on the router. he said my router should have changed my wifi name back to default but it did not, there for saying it was a router issue.
og ludo
Supersonic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:03 am

I've been the victim of DDoS attacks before, but my downtime was only a few minutes. It happened quite frequently when I played competitively in another game many years ago :(

but a DDoS attack wouldn't help with getting login credentials? the 2 events are probably linked though, since the chance of both happening at the exact same time is probably really really low. If it was a DDoS attack I'd guess it is was done to prevent you from recovering your account while they traded items off of it.

Have you logged into any other websites recently using your login info? Sites that you thought were legit?

What is actually interesting is that your ISP thinks your router had/has a problem too. The American FBI issued a warning a month or 2 ago that there was malware affecting millions of routers:
FBI wrote:The malware can potentially also collect information passing through the router.

maybe yours had this malware and someone was able to get your login info through it? An article from the same source as the link above provides a list of all router models that could've been affected: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/fbi-wants-you-to-reset-router-heres-how/

(although this all seems a bit elaborate for a RL heist, I'm just speculating)
psyonix
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Scyonite on Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 am

What I think might've happened is the phishing link got has credentials and his IP. But it probably wasn't one of those automated ones and the attacker ddosses people in an attempt to make sure they can't recover their account before ripping away their stash.
AlexCuse44
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Postby og ludo on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:45 am

thank you guys so much for your responses! My isp showed up yesterday and replaced the router. I mentioned something about a denial of service to the tech and he responded "I dont know anything about that". I agree with you Scyonite, they may have ddos me to keep me off the account seeming Im online all the time. I have done everything in my power to try and stop this from happening again. I feel like it is someone stealing items because the keys are being introduced into xbox. More items more keys. I asked Psyonix what would be the next step in getting my items back. They made me screenshot my xbox account showing I have enabled a 2 step authentication, which i have done. I dont use my sign in info anywhere but the xbox itself and maybe the app. I will keep you guys updated as I go. Thank you again for the input guys, you guys are awesome!
og ludo
Supersonic

Postby og ludo on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:58 am

Wanted to update you guys. I am proud to say Psyonix returned all my items, over 100 items except crates. I got to say I did not expect that at all. They did trade lock all my items which is a little unfortunate but Im cool with it! Thanks again for the input and help.
og ludo
Supersonic

Postby Scyonite on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:53 am

Daf0q I didn't expect that either. I think you can say you're very lucky. Keep safe, and don't trust people.
AlexCuse44
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Glad you got your stuff back :) and yes, you're very fortunate that Psyonix got most of your stuff back to you.

Be careful and double check the authenticity of any website you provide login/personal info to!
psyonix
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Return to Help and Support