Why does it take so many games to get my season reward ?

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Why does it take so many games to get my season reward ?

Postby jonnykb on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:22 pm

I know it was changed to be like this a long time ago, but I really feel like the amount of games needed to get your reward is too much. As someone who doesn't have as much time to play competitive, but is in a diamond rank, there are multiple seasons where I havent even gotten the reward cosmetic for the rank I was in the entire season. Which is just to me ridiculous.

I know it was changed because the game puts you into the rank you were the season before now, but I feel like the total number of games required to play in the higher ranks just to get your season reward is a little bit too high. As a diamond player, I must win 10 unranked, bronze, silver, gold, plat, and finally diamond just to get the cosmetic. At a 50% win rate that is 100 games of comp in one season. Isn't that a little bit too high?

I feel like if you win a game in say diamond, but you still have say, a bronze reward level that it should count as 2 wins towards that meter. Ever since this change to the game, I feel like comp has turned from an fun goal of reaching that rank each season to just a endless grind that I cannot be bothered to finish sometimes.
jonnykb
Supersonic

Steam ID: Jonny K B

Re: Why does it take so many games to get my season reward ?

Postby zGreenMachine- on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:05 pm

A season is about 4 months, or rounded down to 120 days

~100 games across ~120 days is around .83 games/day or 5.83 games/week :mrgreen:
don't steal my pfp
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Tentacles on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:57 am

Keep people playing, slow down smurfing, make you actually earn your reward.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Glassman94 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:56 pm

psyonix
Last edited by Glassman94 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glassman94
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Glassman94

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:10 am

Glassman94 wrote:Special wheels or goal explosions are meaningless window dressing.

Some people enjoy the meaningless window dressing tho. Not everybody is fancy Season X GC title material so for many a flashy set of wheels or boost trail is a visual representation of their performance for that season, and it's a reward for the work they put in to get to whatever rank they achieved.
don't steal my pfp
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby gnaL on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:13 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:
Glassman94 wrote:Special wheels or goal explosions are meaningless window dressing.

Some people enjoy the meaningless window dressing tho. Not everybody is fancy Season X GC title material so for many a flashy set of wheels or boost trail is a visual representation of their performance for that season, and it's a reward for the work they put in to get to whatever rank they achieved.

Right, and if they don't put in any work, they shouldn't receive the reward. 5,83 Games per week really isn't all that much, it's 2,5 hours a month.
If sb. can't spare 2,5 hours of free time a month for Rocket League, that person either needs to change its life or doesn't care about Rocket League anyways, which begs the question why a complaint here is necessary.
gnaL
Acrobatic

Steam ID: gnaLor

Postby zoziano on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:09 pm

f you deserve plat you’ll get it back. Definitely unfortunate timing but that’s the way it is.
zoziano
Supersonic

Postby jbbar_ on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:34 am

I feel the same.

its unfair to play diamond2 against diamond2 players and struggle to only then have a gold rank after ten wins in diamond tier, while gold tier players play against gold players and with the same effort i put they get a gold rank.

it smells like communism, if you are rich you should pay for water the same percentage of your wealth as a poor guy would, if a poor guy pays 1$ for a bottle of water rich people would have to pay 1000$ for one.

its the same case here in rank reward system, its unfair, im as skill rich as a diamond player but yet i have to struggle the same as gold tier players just to get gold rank reward?!

The best and most fair solution in my opinion is to have this formula
1win*(current tier rank-reward rank)=reward rank up
example:
i play in a diamond rank tier and my rank reward is silver, how much should i rank up in sliver-gold when i win a game.
solution:
current tier rank = diamond = 5 (in ranks order)
reward rank = silver = 2
reward rank up meter = 5-2 = 3

meaning my reward rank up meter should moves up by 3 every time i win in diamond tier while in silver reward rank.
jbbar_
Supersonic

PSN ID: jbbar_

Postby Scyonite on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:57 pm

jbbar_ wrote:I feel the same.

its unfair to play diamond2 against diamond2 players and struggle to only then have a gold rank after ten wins in diamond tier, while gold tier players play against gold players and with the same effort i put they get a gold rank.

it smells like communism, if you are rich you should pay for water the same percentage of your wealth as a poor guy would, if a poor guy pays 1$ for a bottle of water rich people would have to pay 1000$ for one.

its the same case here in rank reward system, its unfair, im as skill rich as a diamond player but yet i have to struggle the same as gold tier players just to get gold rank reward?!

The best and most fair solution in my opinion is to have this formula
1win*(current tier rank-reward rank)=reward rank up
example:
i play in a diamond rank tier and my rank reward is silver, how much should i rank up in sliver-gold when i win a game.
solution:
current tier rank = diamond = 5 (in ranks order)
reward rank = silver = 2
reward rank up meter = 5-2 = 3

meaning my reward rank up meter should moves up by 3 every time i win in diamond tier while in silver reward rank.

uwotm8. You just need a win HIGHER THAN or exactly what the rewards tells you you need. You can get champ rewards only having played champ if you want.
"don't steal my pfp" -me
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby littlebigleg on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:43 pm

it stops boosting big time.Cheats have to work/pay a lot more.Its worth the hassle to work it a bit
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby Prophet 999 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:34 pm

I hear you that its a struggle but the alternative is people were boosted to their season rewards which isnt better either. I have to work my tail off to get them and sometimes that means not playing as much casuals as Id like. Alternative is not getting season reward which is always an option.
I don't always ragequit, but when I do, I do it in ranked.
Prophet 999
Community Helper
Community Helper

Steam ID: Prophet4321
GamerTag: Prophet 999
Region: US

Postby Scyonite on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:08 am

And, to add to the point, when you do receive your diamond/champ/GC reward it's gonna be mentally rewarding as well, knowing you needed 50 wins (approx 100 games) to get there.
"don't steal my pfp" -me
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Return to General Discussion