Link different platforms together

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Link different platforms together

Postby Post_YT_TTV on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:37 pm

I'm a new user, so I don't know if this has been suggested already, and I apologize if it has.

I was thinking that we should be able to link Steam Accounts with our PSN, Switch, and XBox platforms, as well as linking Switch to Steam, PSN and Xbox, and etc.

The benefits of linking these could mean joining players from your Steam friend list while you're on your PlayStation or Switch, and choosing to use your Steam profile picture and name instead of the one from your local console while playing.

This could provide huge benefits to those who play on Switch and don't want to show off their Nintendo character of choice, or play on XBox and don't want to have a generic materialistic flat icon.

Another feature that I think should tie into this is the ability to open a browser and alter your steam name while in Rocket League on Switch, or alter your XBox Gamertag/Profile picture while on your Steam account/Nintendo Switch.

You shouldn't be able to link progress though! All of the platforms should keep their own saves so that purchased DLCs don't go to waste!

Sorry for the long post, but I'd absolutely love to see this all happen! :cheesygrin:
Last edited by Post_YT_TTV on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post_YT_TTV
Supersonic

PSN ID: Post_YT_TTV
Steam ID: iipostmaster
GamerTag: Post YT TTV
Switch Friend Code: SW-7768-3671-8588
Region: United States

Re: Link different platforms together

Postby Tentacles on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Would be cool but something about licensing with the different console locked cars will prevent that from what I understand.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles

Postby Post_YT_TTV on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:23 pm

I didn't mean linking save states! I even specifically said that your cars and progress shouldn't carry over!

"You shouldn't be able to link progress though! All of the platforms should keep their own saves so that purchased DLCs don't go to waste!"

But yes, I see where that would be a problem! That's why I said only link your account and name, not your progress!
Post_YT_TTV
Supersonic

PSN ID: Post_YT_TTV
Steam ID: iipostmaster
GamerTag: Post YT TTV
Switch Friend Code: SW-7768-3671-8588

Postby Doomstrike on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:31 pm

I believe when the cross platform stuff hits later on this might become a thing. I think it will be somewhat like fortnite where you link your Epic account that ties to psn. i'm guessing will be seeing rocket league accounts linked to steam and psn just like twitch. I'm assuming there is a way to keep halo cars on xbox and and sweet tooth on ps4 that sort of thing
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Return to Suggestions