Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby NoOne-NBA on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:35 am

FlashPower wrote:You champplayers make it really easy for yourself you think everything you do in your big elos works in the low elos. And no it doesn't work.

It's not just Champs telling you you're wrong.

I'm right there with you in mid-high Plat, and I don't keep dropping back into Plat 1, even though I have a small fraction of the technical skills you do.
I can't air dribble, I have trouble hitting the ball consistently/accurately off the wall, I miss the ball on the ground with some fair frequency when I try to play it too fast, I can't dribble to save my life, I only hit maybe 2 out of 10 flicks I try, I can't do quick jumps, I can't do half-flips, and I have some serious issues with my reaction time.
In spite of all that, I have a fairly easy time maintaining my position in mid-high Plat specifically BECAUSE I play to support my teammates, which is something you seem to struggle with.
On the other side of that, I get my ass handed to me, every time I make it up into Diamond.

I don't see the "Diamond 3 skills in Plat" you keep claiming everyone has, nor do I see anywhere near the amount of worthless teammates you claim to get.
I still think, based on watching the videos you've posted, that YOU make your teammates worse than they are, and make your opponents better than they are.
You continuously charge forward, and try to play your teammate's position FOR them, rather than staying in your own position, and playing that.
That makes it difficult for your teammate to know what to do, but makes things much easier for your opponents because they are effectively playing a 2v1 game, every time you do that.

As I mentioned in my critique of the video you posted, I would much rather play with the "crappy teammate" you had in that video, than YOU.
HE was predictable, and consistent, even if he was a bit lower than you with regards to actual skill.
I can build a winning plan of attack around "consistently mediocre", most of the time.
By contrast, you were all over the board, doing stuff you shouldn't have been doing, being completely out of position, etc...
I can't compensate for that level of randomness, and neither can your other teammates.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 3297
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Langmuir on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:18 pm

I love this thread. I have learned so much. I actually like playing with randoms. I am fairly new to the game and right now only playing casual standard 3v3. I think I am probably silverIII/goldI based on my mmr and other descriptions. Playing with randoms means I have to adapt and I have to figure it out pretty quick. I mostly play with ball chasers so my default mode is to play defensively in the middle of the field but sometimes I have to be the aggressor. Playing with randoms means I have to play many different styles. It is fun.

I learned pretty early that I could make up for my lack of skill by playing positionally. I don’t have to make some acrobatic play if I am in the right position. I think my macro game is pretty good for my rank, at least it is something I always think about. I always wonder what I could have done better. Reading this thread showed me that there are many basic skills I need to acquire/improve

If you are not your own worst critic, you are your own worst enemy.
Langmuir
Supersonic
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Scyonite on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:57 am

Langmuir wrote:If you are not your own worst critic, you are your own worst enemy.


I like this one. :D

It's nice to hear someone has learned from this thread.

*cough* *cough*
But at least Vanilla Scyonite is an OG Scyonite LLC.™ product
1337 Scyonite fizzly products LLC.™ - I am affiliated with myself
Scyonite
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:02 am
Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby FlashPower on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:44 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
FlashPower wrote:You champplayers make it really easy for yourself you think everything you do in your big elos works in the low elos. And no it doesn't work.

It's not just Champs telling you you're wrong.

..................

I don't see the "Diamond 3 skills in Plat" you keep claiming everyone has, nor do I see anywhere near the amount of worthless teammates you claim to get.
I still think, based on watching the videos you've posted, that YOU make your teammates worse than they are, and make your opponents better than they are.
You continuously charge forward, and try to play your teammate's position FOR them, rather than staying in your own position, and playing that.
That makes it difficult for your teammate to know what to do, but makes things much easier for your opponents because they are effectively playing a 2v1 game, every time you do that.

As I mentioned in my critique of the video you posted, I would much rather play with the "crappy teammate" you had in that video, than YOU.
HE was predictable, and consistent, even if he was a bit lower than you with regards to actual skill.
I can build a winning plan of attack around "consistently mediocre", most of the time.
By contrast, you were all over the board, doing stuff you shouldn't have been doing, being completely out of position, etc...
I can't compensate for that level of randomness, and neither can your other teammates.



Dude you are wrong. OFC there are no platin player in platin anymore. Do you have any idea whats going on there right now ?

I even talk to these ppl and I always hear "came from console Champ 2" this goes constantly. This game is too old and you dont have newstarter anymore.

The platin ranks are all like Diamond 3. They simply levered out the ranked system with the fact that they all moving from their champ ranks on console to PC and ofc they are immediately on Champ Mode. Same for the smurf accounts. EVERY 8th match you actually get a match thats on Plat 2 level when you play Plat 2, but all other matches are always some fucktard smurfs. You see it in the way they play it. Speed, rotation and so on. Even the defence of the own goal like driving up the walls immediately to avoid the ball hitting the wall to get a rebounce shot to make a goal.

Mechanical skills is the only difference between Dia 3 and plat yes this is right but everything else you dont have difference anymore. The system was completely levered out(right word?). so you need to play like a god even in the lowranks to win these matches at all. For champs its easy because they are already long time overpowered in ther gameplay. The average players gets brtually destroyed everytime even on plat 1 or 2 when he doesnt play like a champ 1 basic boy. Not a lie it is what it is.
FlashPower
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:08 am
Steam ID: gtaflash
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Scyonite on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:28 pm

You're looking at the game all wrong.
But at least Vanilla Scyonite is an OG Scyonite LLC.™ product
1337 Scyonite fizzly products LLC.™ - I am affiliated with myself
Scyonite
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:02 am
Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:10 am

FlashPower wrote:Do you have any idea whats going on there right now ?...

Yes, I DO.
That's what I keep trying to tell you.
I'm IN Plat 2/3, and I see very few Diamond-level players there who aren't labeled as such, at the end of the match.

FlashPower wrote:You need to play like a god even in the lowranks to win these matches at all...

No, you don't.
This is a case where you need to play SMARTER, in order to win, and you keep trying to play HARDER.

FlashPower wrote:The average players gets brtually destroyed everytime even on plat 1 or 2 when he doesnt play like a champ 1 basic boy...

No, they don't.
I AM an average player, and I don't get destroyed that often, even in Plat 3.
Every time I make the jump up to Diamond 1, THEN I start "getting destroyed".
That fact alone leads me to conclude that most of the Plat players I face are NOT Diamond-level players who are smurfing.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 3297
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby FlashPower on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:56 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:
FlashPower wrote:Do you have any idea whats going on there right now ?...

Yes, I DO.
That's what I keep trying to tell you.
I'm IN Plat 2/3, and I see very few Diamond-level players there who aren't labeled as such, at the end of the match.

FlashPower wrote:You need to play like a god even in the lowranks to win these matches at all...

No, you don't.
This is a case where you need to play SMARTER, in order to win, and you keep trying to play HARDER.

FlashPower wrote:The average players gets brtually destroyed everytime even on plat 1 or 2 when he doesnt play like a champ 1 basic boy...

No, they don't.
I AM an average player, and I don't get destroyed that often, even in Plat 3.
Every time I make the jump up to Diamond 1, THEN I start "getting destroyed".
That fact alone leads me to conclude that most of the Plat players I face are NOT Diamond-level players who are smurfing.


Trust me, you are on US servers come to EU servers. You have to play smart but unfortunatelly as smart as on high elos. How I said. Everything is fucking adapted now. The average gameplay you have in almost all ranks due to speed rotation and wall hits is really Dia 2. You dont have beginners anymore everyone has like 50 fuck smurf accounts and the invasion of all these console movers who have already been champs there. It is completely disgusting and then you fight around with your own mate who is constantly a rocket league starter who really doesnt know what to do but giving all fine passes to the opponents.

Premades is best you can do, random only when you are a fantastic player. End.
FlashPower
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:08 am
Steam ID: gtaflash
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Galactic Geek on Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:21 pm

I don't recall who said it, but someone on these forums recently said something along the lines of, "don't worry about your rank or trying to get a good team - just play ranked and everything will sort itself out, simply because you'll be playing it more."

This seemed to be exactly my problem. I have been consistently frustrated by quitters, players that don't listen to good advice or communication, players that go AFK, and cheaters - but I have been playing mostly in casuals because I never felt I had a team worthy to play with in 3v3 Standard and didn't want to be put up against a full party like so often happens in casuals (I still believe this shouldn't be a thing, but then again, the alternative would be much longer wait times).

So, I decided, "what the heck!? At this rate you're not going to get to a higher rank anyways simply for lack of trying, so you don't have much to lose!"

...and for the past 3+ days, I have had an absolute blast! First, there's a lot more random players in ranked 3v3 standard than I thought, which helps even the odds considerably. Furthermore, more people are far more willing to take things seriously, communicate, and are far less likely to quit or cheat. The best part? If someone does quit, then I don't get penalized for it, since they quit first! This means that I can keep playing without most of the stress that casuals has been causing me, AND work on improving my rank. And improving my rank I did! I have been capable of high platinum, but have never been able to sustain it, and have been stuck in gold with terrible players for a long time, generally in solo standard. However, in 3v3 standard, over the past 3 days, I have managed to work my way up to plat 3 (and maintain it) and have had games that are oh, so much more fun.

So, yeah, I just wanted to reiterate what's been said here - don't take things too seriously, keep trying, be willing to listen to others, and look inward at your own mistakes. If you're not willing to listen or admit your own faults, then you'll be stuck in a rut, much like I have been for months! And take it from me - that's not fun, or a game worth playing. Step up, or step out.
Galactic Geek
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:35 pm

FlashPower wrote:The average gameplay you have in almost all ranks due to speed rotation and wall hits is really Dia 2...
Premades is best you can do, random only when you are a fantastic player. End.

When is the last time you actually PLAYED in Diamond 2?
I play regularly with Diamond-Champ level players.
I rarely ever see anyone playing like those players do, when I'm playing with randoms, down in Platinum.
That is true whether you look at the specific moves they do, or the speed with which they do them.

Anticipation in particular is a night/day affair, when you compare Plat players to TRUE Diamond players.
That is the biggest obstacle I face, when I get to Diamond.
I can't make a play properly, if I'm still "trying to get there", when I need to BE there.

Your observations are not incorrect, in and of themselves.
Players are gaining higher level skills, at ever lower levels, as time passes.
This is not due to a huge amount of smurf accounts playing at the lower levels however.
It is due to the lower level players seeing what higher level players are doing, and mimicking them.

I am by no means a "fantastic player", and I don't have any problems staying out of Plat 1, while playing with randoms.
If you are having problems with that, it's time to change your tactics because your current ones obviously suck.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 3297
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Scyonite on Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:30 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:Anticipation in particular is a night/day affair, when you compare Plat players to TRUE Diamond players.


I think this is the root of the problem. Flash doesn't understand this skill. He does not recognize it. He does not understand its value and therefore can't consider it. The worst thing about it; it doesn't present itself if you're not willing or capable to look for it. He's in Unconscious Incompetence regarding anticipation. And we can't teach him to look for it, he has to find it out himself. A thread with hundreds of replies, basically useless because of the nature of its medium. Talk about a pity.
But at least Vanilla Scyonite is an OG Scyonite LLC.™ product
1337 Scyonite fizzly products LLC.™ - I am affiliated with myself
Scyonite
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:02 am
Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Tentacles on Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:27 am

Flash play on pc and disable cross network. Now no more "smurfs".
Image
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
User avatar
Legendarily Voluble
 
Posts: 3700
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 pm
Location: SL, UT
Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby N7Mith on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:46 am

FlashPower wrote:
Trust me, you are on US servers come to EU servers. You have to play smart but unfortunatelly as smart as on high elos. How I said. Everything is fucking adapted now. The average gameplay you have in almost all ranks due to speed rotation and wall hits is really Dia 2. You dont have beginners anymore everyone has like 50 fuck smurf accounts and the invasion of all these console movers who have already been champs there. It is completely disgusting and then you fight around with your own mate who is constantly a rocket league starter who really doesnt know what to do but giving all fine passes to the opponents.

Premades is best you can do, random only when you are a fantastic player. End.


I'm on EU servers, and I can 100% attest to No-One being correct. I'm also in plat-range, and the worst kind of players are the ones who don't rotate properly, intersect other people, get unhinged when other people miss while not playing perfect themselves, etc etc. I really don't see that many ceiling shots or air-dribbles being used, but when I do I know it's a player that's held back by the rest of his playstyle. Are there incidentally some smurfs around? Sure, you can never avoid all of them. But not to the extent you claim.
RocketID: N7Mith#7623
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
User avatar
Fully Garrulous
 
Posts: 3374
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby FlashPower on Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:17 pm

N7Mith wrote:
FlashPower wrote:
Trust me, you are on US servers come to EU servers. You have to play smart but unfortunatelly as smart as on high elos. How I said. Everything is fucking adapted now. The average gameplay you have in almost all ranks due to speed rotation and wall hits is really Dia 2. You dont have beginners anymore everyone has like 50 fuck smurf accounts and the invasion of all these console movers who have already been champs there. It is completely disgusting and then you fight around with your own mate who is constantly a rocket league starter who really doesnt know what to do but giving all fine passes to the opponents.

Premades is best you can do, random only when you are a fantastic player. End.


I'm on EU servers, and I can 100% attest to No-One being correct. I'm also in plat-range, and the worst kind of players are the ones who don't rotate properly, intersect other people, get unhinged when other people miss while not playing perfect themselves, etc etc. I really don't see that many ceiling shots or air-dribbles being used, but when I do I know it's a player that's held back by the rest of his playstyle. Are there incidentally some smurfs around? Sure, you can never avoid all of them. But not to the extent you claim.


For me it is. These players do the same like top players do and they do it as good as them so you still have to play wih dia 2 playstyles. You cant avoid it. Even on plat and there is nothing yon can change except to learn to play like high elo players.

In 2 v 2s its the worst of all ranks, when you have ah shit mate likes its the case for me everytime, then the game is already lost. You can rotate as much as you want and whatever you do it doesnt matter and does not disable the fact that you have to play for two ppl. The only thing you can do is to look what these mates do and just look how to fix it. Means play as bad as them and best always stay defensive, so you are on the save side. You really have to play like a dumbtard otherwise you lose all games in the low ranks. Sad but true,..

So this means nowadays you must accept that you have to play extremely long or even month to get from plat 1 to dia 1 everyone is too strong now and you must fix your mates. It is so hard like never before.
FlashPower
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:08 am
Steam ID: gtaflash
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby N7Mith on Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:13 am

FlashPower wrote:
N7Mith wrote:
FlashPower wrote:
Trust me, you are on US servers come to EU servers. You have to play smart but unfortunatelly as smart as on high elos. How I said. Everything is fucking adapted now. The average gameplay you have in almost all ranks due to speed rotation and wall hits is really Dia 2. You dont have beginners anymore everyone has like 50 fuck smurf accounts and the invasion of all these console movers who have already been champs there. It is completely disgusting and then you fight around with your own mate who is constantly a rocket league starter who really doesnt know what to do but giving all fine passes to the opponents.

Premades is best you can do, random only when you are a fantastic player. End.


I'm on EU servers, and I can 100% attest to No-One being correct. I'm also in plat-range, and the worst kind of players are the ones who don't rotate properly, intersect other people, get unhinged when other people miss while not playing perfect themselves, etc etc. I really don't see that many ceiling shots or air-dribbles being used, but when I do I know it's a player that's held back by the rest of his playstyle. Are there incidentally some smurfs around? Sure, you can never avoid all of them. But not to the extent you claim.


For me it is. These players do the same like top players do and they do it as good as them so you still have to play wih dia 2 playstyles. You cant avoid it. Even on plat and there is nothing yon can change except to learn to play like high elo players.

In 2 v 2s its the worst of all ranks, when you have ah shit mate likes its the case for me everytime, then the game is already lost. You can rotate as much as you want and whatever you do it doesnt matter and does not disable the fact that you have to play for two ppl. The only thing you can do is to look what these mates do and just look how to fix it. Means play as bad as them and best always stay defensive, so you are on the save side. You really have to play like a dumbtard otherwise you lose all games in the low ranks. Sad but true,..

So this means nowadays you must accept that you have to play extremely long or even month to get from plat 1 to dia 1 everyone is too strong now and you must fix your mates. It is so hard like never before.

If playing with randoms is such a bad experience for you, why don't you team up with a friend? You have absolute control in who you play with.
RocketID: N7Mith#7623
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
User avatar
Fully Garrulous
 
Posts: 3374
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Scyonite on Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:54 am

FlashPower wrote:For me it is. These players do the same like top players do and they do it as good as them so you still have to play wih dia 2 playstyles. You cant avoid it. Even on plat and there is nothing yon can change except to learn to play like high elo players.

In 2 v 2s its the worst of all ranks, when you have ah shit mate likes its the case for me everytime, then the game is already lost. You can rotate as much as you want and whatever you do it doesnt matter and does not disable the fact that you have to play for two ppl. The only thing you can do is to look what these mates do and just look how to fix it. Means play as bad as them and best always stay defensive, so you are on the save side. You really have to play like a dumbtard otherwise you lose all games in the low ranks. Sad but true,..

So this means nowadays you must accept that you have to play extremely long or even month to get from plat 1 to dia 1 everyone is too strong now and you must fix your mates. It is so hard like never before.


The fact that your team dynamic is worse in 2v2's is a direct result of the choices you make. In 3v3 your team has a "cushion" of the rushy choices and non-cover covering options you take. In 2v2 that's not the case. You're burying your own grave without even knowing it (in debate sense). Mate you just can't try to do more than a teammate over a certain degree. It's detrimental to your team. NoOne, Mith, GreenMachine, Midremit, Koeckiiej, Galactic, Spiffers and even fucking Tentacles probably all agree. Platinum teammates will, if you look closely and selectively, almost always show lacks. Your problem is that you focus on the things they can't do and try to overalleviate it. This, in turn, is bad for your team as a whole. Instead, you should identify what they can do (better than others in the match) and try to work or combine your plays with that. That will yield you mentally satisfied matches, even when you lose. You effectively work towards getting yourself in a positive-feedback loop of positivity, and that works wonders in this game. You, however, are in a perpetual loop of negativity. It feeds itself. You have to change something. Remember Mantus? I'd say he's the epitome of an outward-looking self-destructive personality that will probably never be able to get out unless he'll get proper professional help. Don't become that person. All I can say now that you're going to be someone like that at some point, or you'll stay as you are with no improvements unless you radically start looking at yourself. Your own experience is formed so much more by you than by external factors. The mental bias some people portray in this regard really is quite scary.
Last edited by Scyonite on Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
But at least Vanilla Scyonite is an OG Scyonite LLC.™ product
1337 Scyonite fizzly products LLC.™ - I am affiliated with myself
Scyonite
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:02 am
Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:22 am

FlashPower wrote:It is so hard like never before.

And, you know what? It's just going to keep getting harder for you, as more time passes.

What you are currently doing is not working for you.
You readily admit that, but immediately tell everyone trying to help you their advice isn't applicable to your situation.

The phenomenon you keep attributing to smurfs is actually lower level players moving up past you.
Until you learn to play WITH your teammates, not FOR them, those lesser players will continue to pass you by.
Worse yet, they will do so in ever larger numbers because you will remain stuck, still trying futilely to "fix your mates".

At some point, when enough of these players pass you, you will end up down in Gold, still complaining about all the smurfs, and crappy teammates.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 3297
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:32 am

...and back to Gold again...

Stupid update.
Galactic Geek
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby ryiggy on Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:33 pm

The angry tone in your message makes your argument feel and seem very flawed however there is something to be said for about the topic.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
If you are thinking of playing ranked right now, it is kind of a mess; However, if you don't mind the chaos go ahead and play at your own risk. I am also plat and started at bronze 1 and have been climbing consistently so far up to plat 2 before the season reset. With that being said, I obviously am not very skilled as of yet and still have a lot to learn about the game but i have learned a lot about rotation and positioning throughout my climb (I main 3s). What I have noticed however is that after the season reset, the quality of play in my games has crashed like the stock market during the great depression. Passes that i used to be able to make just from having good game sense will go completely unregarded by teamates and many players miss extremely easy aerials which I would have never seen before the reset. These are only a few examples and many of my recent games have left me facepalming at what I was seeing. In my honest opinion, the games I have recently played have honestly felt more like silver games than plat (And I would know because I spent a lot of time climbing out of silver). This doesn't just apply to one odd game either. I have tried queing multiple times and this result has been consistant across every game.

SOLUTION
If you care about your rank at all then I would suggest waiting for peoples ranks to solidify and filter correctly. If not then just keep an open mind that ranks this early on in the season will be very decieving so be careful, that diamond you see in your game may just be... a bronze in disguise.
ryiggy
Supersonic
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:15 pm
Steam ID: Tizenv
Region: United States

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Midremit on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:26 pm

Scyonite wrote:
FlashPower wrote:For me it is. These players do the same like top players do and they do it as good as them so you still have to play wih dia 2 playstyles. You cant avoid it. Even on plat and there is nothing yon can change except to learn to play like high elo players.

In 2 v 2s its the worst of all ranks, when you have ah shit mate likes its the case for me everytime, then the game is already lost. You can rotate as much as you want and whatever you do it doesnt matter and does not disable the fact that you have to play for two ppl. The only thing you can do is to look what these mates do and just look how to fix it. Means play as bad as them and best always stay defensive, so you are on the save side. You really have to play like a dumbtard otherwise you lose all games in the low ranks. Sad but true,..

So this means nowadays you must accept that you have to play extremely long or even month to get from plat 1 to dia 1 everyone is too strong now and you must fix your mates. It is so hard like never before.


The fact that your team dynamic is worse in 2v2's is a direct result of the choices you make. In 3v3 your team has a "cushion" of the rushy choices and non-cover covering options you take. In 2v2 that's not the case. You're burying your own grave without even knowing it (in debate sense). Mate you just can't try to do more than a teammate over a certain degree. It's detrimental to your team. NoOne, Mith, GreenMachine, Midremit, Koeckiiej, Galactic, Spiffers and even fucking Tentacles probably all agree. Platinum teammates will, if you look closely and selectively, almost always show lacks.


True.
I'm thinking of getting myself deranked to plat 1 and rank up again without going for aerials, just to record it and wrap up the 'debate'... He can't complain I'm a champ because I haven't played since september, my current level is probably around low diamond. Can't wait until I worked a few months wages to get a good pc.


FlashPower wrote: Means play as bad as them and best always stay defensive, so you are on the save side. You really have to play like a dumbtard otherwise you lose all games in the low ranks. Sad but true,..



I'm pretty sure one loses games just because he plays like a dumbtard, but that could just be me. It also the reason why you're ranked so low.
Ball curve lobbyist!

NoOne-NBA wrote:Quite the opposite, there's usually somebody who steps up to the plate, and does something more stupid than anything I was able to imagine, even though I have always had a very active imagination.


I'm a gold stuck in C2d4
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm
Steam ID: midremit
Region: Europe

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby FlashPower on Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:47 pm

Midremit wrote:
Scyonite wrote:
FlashPower wrote:For me it is. These players do the same like top players do and they do it as good as them so you still have to play wih dia 2 playstyles. You cant avoid it. Even on plat and there is nothing yon can change except to learn to play like high elo players.

In 2 v 2s its the worst of all ranks, when you have ah shit mate likes its the case for me everytime, then the game is already lost. You can rotate as much as you want and whatever you do it doesnt matter and does not disable the fact that you have to play for two ppl. The only thing you can do is to look what these mates do and just look how to fix it. Means play as bad as them and best always stay defensive, so you are on the save side. You really have to play like a dumbtard otherwise you lose all games in the low ranks. Sad but true,..

So this means nowadays you must accept that you have to play extremely long or even month to get from plat 1 to dia 1 everyone is too strong now and you must fix your mates. It is so hard like never before.


The fact that your team dynamic is worse in 2v2's is a direct result of the choices you make. In 3v3 your team has a "cushion" of the rushy choices and non-cover covering options you take. In 2v2 that's not the case. You're burying your own grave without even knowing it (in debate sense). Mate you just can't try to do more than a teammate over a certain degree. It's detrimental to your team. NoOne, Mith, GreenMachine, Midremit, Koeckiiej, Galactic, Spiffers and even fucking Tentacles probably all agree. Platinum teammates will, if you look closely and selectively, almost always show lacks.


True.
I'm thinking of getting myself deranked to plat 1 and rank up again without going for aerials, just to record it and wrap up the 'debate'... He can't complain I'm a champ because I haven't played since september, my current level is probably around low diamond. Can't wait until I worked a few months wages to get a good pc.


FlashPower wrote: Means play as bad as them and best always stay defensive, so you are on the save side. You really have to play like a dumbtard otherwise you lose all games in the low ranks. Sad but true,..



I'm pretty sure one loses games just because he plays like a dumbtard, but that could just be me. It also the reason why you're ranked so low.


What you guys NOT understand. I have never been champ. You are champ, so for you its normal to play hardcore speed and top level. Advices from these ppl do not help for me.

All I can say and I repeat it. You have constantly top tear players who play like all Diamond 3 players. I think in Platin 2 and 3 its the worst. and in Platin 3 it is reaching the peaking level of the difference between your own mate and your opponents related to the quality. In Platin 3 in all matches I have top enemies who have the same hardcore speed, rotation and wall hits like you have on the extreme high elos while the own mate figures out how to drive the car. Yeah this is a REAL torture.

I understand when people say i should only figure out how my mate plays an what he does. But from my last replay to now it got worse because now its like to teach them how to play this game only. Cant bring anything. What do you want to use by someone who is just pressing his own car into the side corners and losing all balls without a basic all 5 MINUTES straight? Exactly nothing.

The situation forces your into the defense all the time. When you have mates who can give you nothing but gives cross-bats back to the own goal ALL the time because he cant play this game then, yes THEN you must save the goal in first priority. Either this or you watch how your disabled mate hits all balls back to the own goals and let them go all in.
FlashPower
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:08 am
Steam ID: gtaflash
Region: EU

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron