New Rank idea

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

New Rank idea

Postby ostiiiiii on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:09 am

Hi, ive been playing ranks 2v2 for the past 3 games, and all 3 games ive got ragequit from my teammate when we had a very good chance of winning, 1 even left in OVERTIME........ and im getting penalized for this by losing ranks? can you fix your game please?
ostiiiiii
Supersonic

GamerTag: Mallow071
Region: US

Re: New Rank idea

Postby Hydroxyde on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:58 am

I started reading your post and I was about half way through when I came to realize. You were not going to present any new ideas for ranked or a new rank tier or anything at all.

What are you exactly suggesting? Should psyonix educate people on how to stay positive in stressful situations?

Maybe you are doing something that is rubbing your teammates the wrong way.
Are you ball chasing? Spamming OKAY after a whiff? What a save and nice shot at missed saves and shots respectively? Being rude or just not in a position you are expected to be in?

Why would I shift the blame on you??
Well there is this old adage that says "if you smell sh!t everywhere you go, check your shoes"

If this is not the case and you happen to be an amazing player with poor luck, don't despair, the bell distribution curve is on your favor in this one
Hydroxyde
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: hdxyde
Region: Chile

Postby Scyonite on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:52 pm

I think his title means "We need a new ranked idea". Anyhow:

ostiiiiii wrote:ive been ban 15minutes after leaving a game with a teammate intentionally scoring in our net and making fun of it, i reported him and he gets nothing, i leave game because i dont wanna waste my time with people like that and i get penalized?

To add to the fact OP leaves a match, gets banned and then comes to the forums to QQ I'm quite sure you're not the fun-to-play-with type, ostiiiiii. Maybe some reflection is required. I mean if people leave you when you're winning you're doing something wrong, very wrong.
Rip Gecko #May2018
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Scyonite wrote:I mean if people leave you when you're winning you're doing something wrong, very wrong.

That could also be due to him playing on Xbox.
Psyonix just fixed a frequent crash issue, specific to the Xbox platform, in the latest update.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby spaceboy on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:24 am

The easy solution for this are Psy bot subs up through a certain rank, e.g., Gold and below. Skilled players will pass up the bot levels soon enough, and won't be affected. May as well make our low levels lives less painful.

Psy: Add bot subs in lower tiers please. End the pain.

This is probably the only game in my library...at the moment anyway....where 'leavers' wreck a significant percentage of games, and ruin the fun. Another game that I used to play, and loved, that had this same problem, was SMNC (Super Monday Night Combat). 'Leavers' killed that awesome game and the company did nothing.
spaceboy
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Return to Suggestions