Competitive Drop Outs

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Competitive Drop Outs

Postby Big Boi STL on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:29 am

When a player drops out of a competitive match, either by choice or kicked for inactivity, and that team loses then the remaining members of that team should not be affected by the loss in regards to their competitive rank.
Big Boi STL
Supersonic

GamerTag: Big Boi STL

Re: Competitive Drop Outs

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:48 am

that would make it too easy for full teams with smurfs to cheat the system, they could have the smurf quit when they're losing to avoid losing points.

I believe you don't lose the normal amount of points anyways. I could be wrong but that's how it used to be
RIP RocketLeagueStats
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Tentacles on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:02 am

You lose the normal amount of points. If the person isn't in a party and it happens, lost points should be halved.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby littlebigleg on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:20 am

If you leave a match mid way through it should count as a loss no matter the outcome of the match,Always has annoyed me that when i/we pull off a win in a handicapped match the guy that left still gets undeserved points from my hard work.I think if you drop out of a match without forfeiting it should count as two or possibly 3 loses.That should make them think twice.Would suck for folk with regular game crashes though
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby Doomstrike on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:13 am

littlebigleg wrote:If you leave a match mid way through it should count as a loss no matter the outcome of the match,Always has annoyed me that when i/we pull off a win in a handicapped match the guy that left still gets undeserved points from my hard work.I think if you drop out of a match without forfeiting it should count as two or possibly 3 loses.That should make them think twice.Would suck for folk with regular game crashes though

That would need a fair amount of coding done to change how the system handles the win while still giving 1 player a loss. It also doesn't make sense because you don't know why that person might have dropped out and a few of those reasons aren't necessarily there fault. Not exactly fair to give a guy a lost if he dcs while his team is winning 7-1 with 15 seconds left in a match if you ask me.
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby littlebigleg on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:43 am

ye i know.just grinds my gears :evil:
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby spaceboy on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:31 pm

I like the concept, but I think it would require some really creative thinking to both protect the remainers while not encouraging cheating.

Ftr, I crash probably twice a day, and it doesn't look like Psy is ever going to fix the rejoin match bug so I rarely get back in. It is completely baffling to me why they can't take a player and put them on a server. How is it any different than any other kind of server join function? o.0
spaceboy
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Return to Suggestions