RLCS. Am I just stupid, or is it just badly done?

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

RLCS. Am I just stupid, or is it just badly done?

Postby chucklepie on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:57 pm

I play the game a lot, but rlcs is just something in the background,mainly because I have no idea how the tournament works and it's not mentioned much, if at all. It's at/was at London, so I visit the official site, check all the pages, look at the schedule and games. None the wiser.

I had no idea from the site there was the final and we have a winner. There is just a list of games and scores. I check the Internet and not much appears.

Is rlcs just a secret thing nobody talks about because not even the official site wants to talk about it!? Visit the psyonix site, who are hosting it, and not a single mention.

Btw, I do know who won. I doubt many more do. Just seems like a complete sham of a tournament that could be great.
chucklepie
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Re: RLCS. Am I just stupid, or is it just badly done?

Postby Scyonite on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:31 pm

https://liquipedia.net/rocketleague/Main_Page

But yes, Rocket League shouldn't have to depend on a third party for this stuff.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby Tentacles on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Good point, I only use liquipedia for rocket league eSports. The rocket league eSports website is poorly designed.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Hydroxyde on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 pm

In that regard i do believe it's badly advertised

You can argue this all comes from the forums. Often i see more up to date content and breaking news coming from twitter and reddit. These news only get to the forum thanks to common users sharing them, instead of a community manager.

I do think turning this forum into their main comms platform should be a must for Psyonix. I think they should answer on reddit and twitter with links to the forum and start taking advantage of their own infrastructure and start driving the player base to them instead of the other way around.

I remember reading somewhere that they wanted a more in-house approach with upcomings RLCS/RLRS events, but in order to do that, they should first clean and streamline their own platforms for content, making sure they are the primary source for the information always.
Hydroxyde
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: hdxyde
Region: Chile

Postby Dizzy Boy on Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:02 am

They're quick enough to advertise the new items and crates for the gambling addicts, so, I don't get why it's so hard to make some sort of a thread for keeping us all upto date on their tournaments. I'm sure someone could aford to spend half an hour each week updating the info when the tournaments are on. Surely filling in info and adding in links really shouldn't be all that hard to do.
Dizzy Boy
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Switch Friend Code: SW-0262-8074-7921

Postby Galactic Geek on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:53 am

Badly advertised? The advertisement has been IN THE GAME for months!
Galactic Geek
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:03 pm

Hydroxyde wrote:I do think turning this forum into their main comms platform should be a must for Psyonix. I think they should answer on reddit and twitter with links to the forum and start taking advantage of their own infrastructure and start driving the player base to them instead of the other way around.

While I agree, it is just so much quicker/easier for them to Tweet about something. Plus Reddit and Facebook see so much more traffic than here.

Dirk is kind enough to repost News/Patch Updates on here that are originally posted on their website but for the most part there's nothing about Esports here.

Dizzy Boy wrote:They're quick enough to advertise the new items and crates for the gambling addicts, so, I don't get why it's so hard to make some sort of a thread for keeping us all upto date on their tournaments. I'm sure someone could aford to spend half an hour each week updating the info when the tournaments are on. Surely filling in info and adding in links really shouldn't be all that hard to do.

I'd be willing to do that if there's enough interest from people here :laugh:
RIP RocketLeagueStats
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Scyonite on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Galactic Geek wrote:Badly advertised? The advertisement has been IN THE GAME for months!

Yes, but all that that portal gives you is mainly more hype. Brackets, match times, current scores and all that stuff they don't provide.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Scyonite

Postby Tentacles on Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:12 pm

There are advertisements in teh game?
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Return to General Discussion