Beach Blast crate is a joke

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Beach Blast crate is a joke

Postby Klinsk on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:37 am

2,50 for a crate featuring those items, and when you open them you get 50x the same Breakout decal I bet, Psyonix should be ashamed of themselves.

This game is gonna result in pay-to-play. They should just remove all cosmetics because the game has more traders than actual players, so the matchmaking system is all screwed up.

I'm gonna uninstall this garbage if this isn't dealt with!
Klinsk
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Klinsk
Region: EU

Re: Beach Blast crate is a joke

Postby Pixxel WIzzard on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:42 am

It's already pay-to-play. The game costs $20 to buy. The cosmetics are optional, though.
Pixxel WIzzard
Supersonic

Steam ID: Pixxel Wizzard

Postby BloodyBunny on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:49 am

Klinsk wrote:2,50 for a crate featuring those items, and when you open them you get 50x the same Breakout decal I bet, Psyonix should be ashamed of themselves.

This game is gonna result in pay-to-play. They should just remove all cosmetics because the game has more traders than actual players, so the matchmaking system is all screwed up.

I'm gonna uninstall this garbage if this isn't dealt with!

Jesus...cry much? Don't fucking buy them if you hate it that much. "and when you open them you get 50x the same Breakout decal I bet" I take that as you have not paid money for them so why would you cry like a child about it?
BloodyBunny
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: BloodyBunny

Postby NoOne-NBA on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:02 am

Pixxel WIzzard wrote:It's already pay-to-play. The game costs $20 to buy. The cosmetics are optional, though.

I've pretty much gone the other way with this, and made it a "pay-FOR-play" game.

Psyonix gives me drops for playing, which I trade up for keys.
I use those keys to trade for what I want directly, instead of taking my chances with the RNG.
This doesn't work quite as well if you refuse to trade "good stuff" away, but it works really well for me.
I'm sitting on 14 keys at the moment, and will likely get at least one more tonight.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby Pixxel WIzzard on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:57 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:
Pixxel WIzzard wrote:It's already pay-to-play. The game costs $20 to buy. The cosmetics are optional, though.

I've pretty much gone the other way with this, and made it a "pay-FOR-play" game.

Psyonix gives me drops for playing, which I trade up for keys.
I use those keys to trade for what I want directly, instead of taking my chances with the RNG.
This doesn't work quite as well if you refuse to trade "good stuff" away, but it works really well for me.
I'm sitting on 14 keys at the moment, and will likely get at least one more tonight.

Same here. I traded keys for Dueling Dragons and I'm already up to 12 keys again. No idea what I'll trade 'em for though cuz I couldn't care less about cosmetics. :P
Pixxel WIzzard
Supersonic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:07 am

Pixxel WIzzard wrote:Same here. I traded keys for Dueling Dragons and I'm already up to 12 keys again. No idea what I'll trade 'em for though cuz I couldn't care less about cosmetics. :P

I'll eventually get the Dissolver decal, but I'm waiting for the price to drop to a reasonable level before I do.
I refuse to pay the current price, even if I am using "free" keys for it.

My dad has much better luck with the RNG than I do.
He got Dissolver with a decryptor, the day the crate came out.
NoOne-NBA

Postby Pixxel WIzzard on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:05 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:
Pixxel WIzzard wrote:Same here. I traded keys for Dueling Dragons and I'm already up to 12 keys again. No idea what I'll trade 'em for though cuz I couldn't care less about cosmetics. :P

I'll eventually get the Dissolver decal, but I'm waiting for the price to drop to a reasonable level before I do.
I refuse to pay the current price, even if I am using "free" keys for it.

My dad has much better luck with the RNG than I do.
He got Dissolver with a decryptor, the day the crate came out.

I only open crates with decryptors. Got 5 useless decals but two of them were the same. This is why I don't use keys to open crates.
Pixxel WIzzard
Supersonic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 am

Pixxel WIzzard wrote:I only open crates with decryptors. Got 5 useless decals but two of them were the same. This is why I don't use keys to open crates.

I'm just sitting on a whole bunch of decryptors because I don't want to fill my inventory up with useless stuff.
I'm annoyed enough by the 3 or 4 decryptor items I already have, that I have no way to get rid of.
There's no sense adding more to the pile.

As far as keys go, I was too good at math to overlook the odds inherent to gambling, so I'm not even going to try to "win" something, opening crates.
I've opened a few, here and there, but never had any luck with them, AT ALL.
I'll stick to trading keys directly for the stuff I want, when the prices drop to an acceptable level.
NoOne-NBA

Postby Pixxel WIzzard on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:56 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:I'm annoyed enough by the 3 or 4 decryptor items I already have, that I have no way to get rid of.
There's no sense adding more to the pile.

Well, I traded my 5 decals in and got a very rare zigzag entrails, so, I guess that's what my 5 decryptors got me. ::shrug::
Pixxel WIzzard
Supersonic

Postby Tentacles on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:23 pm

We won't miss you. Uninstalling over cosmetic items.... Maybe you should stick to Nintendo 64.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby chucklepie on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Here's at thought. Instead of buying keys to trade with people, I.e with those same people who obviously have to gamble on crates to get items to trade, in return to get more keys so they can trade more by buying more crates... Why don't psyonix just fucking sell items in the shop that people want.

Then we won't have twats asking to trade all the time, we wouldn't need keys, no need for trading goods, and people can get what they want by, you know, choosing what they want, we wouldn't have so much shit in our inventory (we could have a delete option) and psyonix would still make a fortune without having to employ psychologists to fine tune their gambling and UI interface. They could then concentrate more on bug fixing and adding features, because let's face it, 90% of their development is furthering their gambling system.
chucklepie
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Hydroxyde on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:08 am

chucklepie wrote:Here's at thought. Instead of buying keys to trade with people, I.e with those same people who obviously have to gamble on crates to get items to trade, in return to get more keys so they can trade more by buying more crates... Why don't psyonix just fucking sell items in the shop that people want.

Then we won't have twats asking to trade all the time, we wouldn't need keys, no need for trading goods, and people can get what they want by, you know, choosing what they want, we wouldn't have so much shit in our inventory (we could have a delete option) and psyonix would still make a fortune without having to employ psychologists to fine tune their gambling and UI interface. They could then concentrate more on bug fixing and adding features, because let's face it, 90% of their development is furthering their gambling system.

Better yet, create an auction house system like most mmo do and cut the player interaction to the bare minimum. You know taking away the human component, where a 100% of scams come from ;)
Hydroxyde
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: hdxyde
Region: Chile

Postby JEBUS on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:06 pm

Your actually surprised at how much keys cost? You do realize that they double the key price during these events.
JEBUS
Acrobatic

PSN ID: LIL_USO760
GamerTag: LIL USO760

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:39 pm

JEBUS wrote:You do realize that they double the key price during these events.

No they don't?
RIP RocketLeagueStats
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Tentacles on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:34 am

That is the price of unopened crates.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Dizzy Boy on Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:08 am

I've noticed that crate drops have fallen drastically since beach blast started. I've had 3 so far and I would've had atleast 7 or 8 by now.
It might be worth keeping hold of all of the spare crates for when we get the decryptor drops, you can always trade up the shit items.
Dizzy Boy
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Switch Friend Code: SW-0262-8074-7921

Postby Skaldy on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:58 am

They are constantly adjusting drop rates, spread probabilities, paint/cert rates and everything in order to maximize income. And they are right to do that, in order to keep the game going. If you disagree, your only option is "Hide Crates" and be glad the crate items are only cosmetic.

I expect crates will get superceded by Passes anyway, due to the current moral 'outrage' about gambling, but that mechanism will end up costing the average player even more because there is less price determinism.
Skaldy
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby JEBUS on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:55 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:

No they don't?

Yes they do. The price for 20 keys is $19.99. The price during the event is now $39.99. Unless they read my post a few days ago and finally decided to approve of my post. They might have changed the price back.
JEBUS
Acrobatic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:28 am

JEBUS wrote:
zGreenMachine- wrote:

No they don't?

Yes they do. The price for 20 keys is $19.99. The price during the event is now $39.99. Unless they read my post a few days ago and finally decided to approve of my post. They might have changed the price back.

I haven't seen this change since they added keys to the game. I bought keys 2 weeks ago and just checked now. Maybe it was changed recently but I have a hard time believing it, no offense.
RIP RocketLeagueStats
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby JEBUS on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Ya i know ur not gonna believe me but i know what i saw. They probably changed the price back because of what i wrote. All I'm gonna say is pay attention to the price of keys in the future before u buy.
JEBUS
Acrobatic

Next

Return to General Discussion