Rocket Labs

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Rocket Labs

Postby BloodyBunny on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:16 am

Something needs to be done...

I am getting really bored of the same map over and over again.(standard map)

I was so excited when they started Rocket Labs but nothing has been done. I love this game but I am moving onto other games as this one is getting stale.

I think they should make 3-5 maps per week and throw them in rocket labs. default textures like ones in there are fine.
Maybe have a map vote as well so we can vote on the best maps to play. Lets be honest, it does not take that long to make a map, so have 2-3 people working on diff crazy insane ideas and getting a few maps a week.

Give everyone a chance to calm down and relax with goofy insane maps. I know you guys only care about esports now but this would be a great way to just chill for an evening to "reset"
BloodyBunny
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: BloodyBunny

Re: Rocket Labs

Postby NoOne-NBA on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:52 am

I still think the answer to this dilemma is for Psyonix to get the hell out of our way, give us the means to make usable maps in the Steam Workshop, and a way to share/play them with others.

We can produce a lot more maps than they'll ever dream of, in the same amount of time, and with considerably more ingenuity behind them.
If they could introduce a way to add mutators as well, that would be perfect, because we could then make specialized maps, like low-grav space ones, a REAL hockey map, etc...
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby Bob Fizzle on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:11 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:I still think the answer to this dilemma is for Psyonix to get the hell out of our way, give us the means to make usable maps in the Steam Workshop, and a way to share/play them with others.

We can produce a lot more maps than they'll ever dream of, in the same amount of time, and with considerably more ingenuity behind them.
If they could introduce a way to add mutators as well, that would be perfect, because we could then make specialized maps, like low-grav space ones, a REAL hockey map, etc...

Agreed. Pillars is my favorite rocket labs map just because of the sheer absurdity of the thing. Workshop maps would allow players to have even more fun on even more absurd maps, and it would also allow Psyonix to handpick the best maps to be added to the rocket labs and/or rumble playlists. Unfortunately, they still seem to be firmly sat on the fence on whether they want more maps or one map for competitive. Maybe seeing a greater variety of so-called "nonstandard" maps will help players, and ultimately Psyonix, choose one side of the issue.
Bob Fizzle
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby NoOne-NBA on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:45 am

Bob Fizzle wrote:Pillars is my favorite rocket labs map just because of the sheer absurdity of the thing.

I've always wanted to try Pillars with large holes in the middle of the side walls, which would allow the ball to be passed from one lane to the next, if done accurately.
That would likely be a simple alteration, if they'd just give us proper tools.
Then WE could decide what WE think is the best version of the map, and play that version, if WE choose.

With the right tools we could also make our own versions of the volleyball map, as well as a proper versions of Ping-Pong (where the cars would automatically explode upon landing, on the opponent's side of the field).
Ping-pong is my most desired mod, and our chances of it getting an official release are looking slimmer and slimmer.

We could move the goals in hockey to their proper location, make the puck smaller, and reduce the friction on the ice to an appropriate level, as well.
Having played that combination in CarBall, I can tell you it would be a huge improvement over the current version of Snow Day.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby zGreenMachine- on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Well we did get Dropshot, I'm hoping we get an official Ping-Pong playlist too sometime :) We've tried to play that in private matches but of course players have to be honest and drive back to their side since they don't blow up. But yeah it's probably not likely anymore.

I really enjoy Rocket Labs but it's hard to queue for with a high unranked MMR because not a lot of people play it. At least for me it's a lot of fun to mess with the different arenas and I would love to see a few more non-standard maps at least.

Better workshop support is definitely needed though
made by AlexCuse44
zGreenMachine-
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby BloodyBunny on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:11 pm

They won't give us the work shop support tho...they like having 100% control.

I think that's asking too much. That's why I said they should throw new maps in so the game does not get stale. And a mapvote would be great.

But yes, I would love to have workshop support for it. I just don't see it happening.

But the bottom line is, they need to do something. This game will not last without something new and fresh. And not dropshot.....worst crap ever lol I just want RL with crazy insane maps to have fun on :)
BloodyBunny
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: BloodyBunny

Postby OsoMako on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:30 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:Well we did get Dropshot, I'm hoping we get an official Ping-Pong playlist too sometime :) We've tried to play that in private matches but of course players have to be honest and drive back to their side since they don't blow up. But yeah it's probably not likely anymore.

I really enjoy Rocket Labs but it's hard to queue for with a high unranked MMR because not a lot of people play it. At least for me it's a lot of fun to mess with the different arenas and I would love to see a few more non-standard maps at least.

Dropshot is already past its prime since Psyonix did nothing to expand on it though. The real key here is putting in real workshop support to let the community do what Psyonix won't.
Steam and Psyonix Forum Moderator
Unite against controller prejudice, my fellow KB+Mers!
OsoMako

Steam ID: OsoMako
Region: US West

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:48 pm

OsoMako wrote:
zGreenMachine- wrote:Well we did get Dropshot, I'm hoping we get an official Ping-Pong playlist too sometime :) We've tried to play that in private matches but of course players have to be honest and drive back to their side since they don't blow up. But yeah it's probably not likely anymore.

Dropshot is already past its prime since Psyonix did nothing to expand on it though. The real key here is putting in real workshop support to let the community do what Psyonix won't.

gee late response thanks :cheesygrin:

I just meant that (when Dropshot was released) Psyonix was at least open to new ideas for gamemodes and maps. However with the Autumn Update it's clear they aren't exactly for that anymore.

Which is just further proof that we need better workshop support since Psyonix obviously won't release more official non-standard maps. I feel like there's so much more you can do with Rocket League besides play in the same reskinned rectangular maps over and over, at least give players the ability to play new and unique custom maps with each other since they refuse to release anything new.
made by AlexCuse44
zGreenMachine-
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby grendizer on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:19 am

Feature request : bring back the rocket labs arenas. They were the best!
grendizer
Supersonic

Steam ID: Grendizerus
GamerTag: Grendizerus
Region: PC

Postby AlexCuse44 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:05 pm

grendizer wrote:Feature request : bring back the rocket labs arenas. They were the best!

It would we awesome if they brought it back as a ranked sports playlist.
AlexCuse44
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby N7Mith on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:19 am

I miss the Lab maps. :(
RocketID: N7Mith#7623
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby ToupouButtercup on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:45 am

Rocket Labs and others alternative maps are available in the Rumble playlist
I wish to see Renegade car from SARPBC return as playable in Rocket League. :renegade:
ToupouButtercup

Steam ID: ToupouButtercup
Region: EU

Postby AlexCuse44 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 am

ToupouButtercup wrote:Rocket Labs and others alternative maps are available in the Rumble playlist

It would be nice for labs to have its own playlist for people like me who haven't touched rumble since its release
AlexCuse44
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby N7Mith on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:28 am

ToupouButtercup wrote:Rocket Labs and others alternative maps are available in the Rumble playlist

Not Donut, Cosmic and Pillar. And Rumble ruins ramp-play in Neo Tokyo, which is the whole point of that map.
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby fatabsim on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:06 pm

Best lab map is the pillars with Ice puck and fast speed.
fatabsim
Supersonic

Steam ID: SlimAbSim | Trading

Postby Tentacles on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:11 am

What are rocket labs?
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby ToupouButtercup on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:43 am

Tentacles wrote:What are rocket labs?

Prototype arena layouts with virtual reality-like aesthetics, no landscape.
I wish to see Renegade car from SARPBC return as playable in Rocket League. :renegade:
ToupouButtercup

Steam ID: ToupouButtercup
Region: EU

Postby N7Mith on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:49 am

ToupouButtercup wrote:

Oh you sweet naive thing :)
Tentacles is the community troll.
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby Tentacles on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:41 pm

I couldn't help myself, sorry :(
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby AlexCuse44 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 pm

N7Mith wrote:
ToupouButtercup wrote:

Oh you sweet naive thing :)
Tentacles is the community troll.

How dare you call Tentacles a "troll". He is the most insightful and intellectual forum member we have here.
AlexCuse44
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Next

Return to Suggestions