Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby aceworm on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Damn it's slow again, it now feels like my car is dragging a plough around with it. Slower than before, with the odd game playing amazing, usually the first. Still those few games when ranked went offline felt good for a moment.
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby HeavyCar on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:49 am

the physics does not work at all when playing with hcb. Alone, that you do not get powershots, shows that. you need more boost to get ahead and even if you have supersonic, your car is slow. How many times have I had supersonic and was closer to the ball than the opponent and he was still in front of me anyway? how can this happen? that only happens when playing with hcb. HCB comes and goes when it wants.
It's really a joke, sorry. This may just be a bug in the code associated with a driver or something is wrong between connecting the client / rocket league server.
Gamepad etc. has nothing to do with hcb.
Switch ingame to the desktop, back and forth, the game is always much faster for a few seconds before it becomes a lame crutch again.
The loading times are also shorter without hcb.
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:49 am

Im almost sure that this bug is about lagcompansation. That is why we cant solve it. It also makes sense why we cant solve it. And its present in all games. In csgo eg. I get shot around corners and hit reg. is shit and that is because of lagcompansation. Its delaying everyting in pc and games. Developers need to fix this.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCar on Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:49 am

yup, it seems so. Nothing u can do.
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Chjfn on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:42 am

So this guy made a video like a month ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyzXXO6Z7ZI
Trying to explain why some of us are having HC and he really goes in depth and did a lot of research. If you read in the comments even Kuxir97 is responding to it. I guess he is still having issues with it as well. I remember someone posting in here that even Kux was 'coming out' on his twitter (or whatever social media) of having this issue.

Myself personally am still struggling with this. Most of times it is good and really responsive and steady. Other times it feels so sluggish and just slow. When I notice this I quit after one game. I made a topic about this a long time ago here on the forum https://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24324 this one dates almost back 3 years ago.
In the mean while have been able to test everything, from different PC's to even different countries as I used to live in the Netherlands and now I live in Mexico. So I have been able to test with my ultimate internet and 12 ping in the Netherlands and 100+ ping in Mexico where it makes no difference in game play when this bug occurs.

I do not play RL as much anymore and already gave up long time ago and just settled with having a game that is really addictive (as I have 2500+ hours) but can be pretty frustrated at times when HC comes in.
Chjfn
Supersonic

Region: Netherlands

Postby HeavyCar on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:30 am

Yes, as I said, the problem is probably more widespread than you think. I just do not know how much Psyonix really knows, or if the problem comes from a completely different side. As I said, I thought for the first time that the game would run "normally" until one day it felt twice as fast. and since then it changes almost daily.
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:46 am

Listen bros. This shit bug is happening because of Gabe and Valve interduced prediction and together with lagcompansation it fucking all games up. Valve interducted the shit and now all game engines have it.

Look at this video and see how it fuck everything up. Its so clear that even a noob should be able to see it.

Blame Gabe and Valve for making this possible and killing RL. and all other games.

https://youtu.be/Ey7pxwrgwg0
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:01 am

wtf Gabe :redmad: :redmad: :redmad:
zGreenMachine-
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Tentacles on Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:31 am

That Youtube video explains my experience on Rocket League to a T.
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby HeavyCar on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:57 am

its funny to see, when good player whiff like golds, cause they have hcb.
2019 still some players think its "placebo" ? imao :D
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby ryantony1 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:47 am

Those same idiots probably think cancers a placebo because they have never felt cancer before.

FUCK OF WITH THE WORD PLACEBO, I KNOW IF THE CAR FEELS HEAVY OR NOT. MORONS
ryantony1
Supersonic

Steam ID: ryantony1

Postby HeavyCar on Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:36 am

yeah, its frustrating. Anyway, have no reason to play this game again until we will find a solution and this will probably never happen.
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Tentacles on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:38 am

Ya I've basically quit, I used to at least get a few good games in before the shit rolled in. Now the game is to a point where I don't even recognize it.
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Postby HeavyCar on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:44 am

yes, i know what u mean. Every few weeks i try it again and again but its 99 % same shit. And now we have hcb + massives lags.
Tentacles, can u tell me some "new" stuff about the discord hcb channel ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... y_car_bug/

found this one and ur post about the unreal engine.
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:12 am

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... ng-me/292/

Look at this its highly the same thing wich causes your bug. I have ordered the Furman power conditioner my selv and are waiting for it to arrive. I will post if it solve my problem to.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby Scyonite on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:21 am

I'm always wondering if I have it but just don't know because it's all I've ever or mostly played with. I remember someone at some point raised the point that a lot of people don't realize. Is there a way to be able to identify this?
So now the signature is gone which means I gotta find some kind of original signature to put here instead. Let me just say I'm really bad at coming up with original stuff out of the blue.. just not something I typically do. Reeee I can only use 255 chars.
Scyonite
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby Tentacles on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:46 am

HeavyCar wrote:yes, i know what u mean. Every few weeks i try it again and again but its 99 % same shit. And now we have hcb + massives lags.
Tentacles, can u tell me some "new" stuff about the discord hcb channel ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... y_car_bug/

found this one and ur post about the unreal engine.

Basically Epic announced publicly that they had found an issue with some ISPs in some locations dropping packets, they have a fix. However, Epic no longer updates / supports UE3 only 4, so any fixes made through UE will only happen on 4(Rocket League is made on UE3). As for the discord it's been pretty slow there lately, I think everyone is depressed that the proof we record isn't good enough. HCB happens in certain situations, yet we need macros to prove HCB exists, it's a huge issue. We are coming up with a new crazy hardware macro way to do the testing, but who knows how far out that is.
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Postby Tentacles on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:48 am

Scyonite wrote:I'm always wondering if I have it but just don't know because it's all I've ever or mostly played with. I remember someone at some point raised the point that a lot of people don't realize. Is there a way to be able to identify this?

The biggest tell is the power coming off of your shots. When you smash a ball that should be a power shot and it registers as a wheels hit, it's painful. Another way to tell is half flipping & wave dashing becomes extremely difficult.
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Postby Tentacles on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:50 am

Everlastingbulletlag wrote:https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/950944/pc-components/mouse-input-lag-is-killing-me/292/

Look at this its highly the same thing wich causes your bug. I have ordered the Furman power conditioner my selv and are waiting for it to arrive. I will post if it solve my problem to.

If you are getting a power source you might want to look into getting cat6a cables as well, those cables are shielded to help fight emi and rfi. The ones on Amazon are frauds I recommend these https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6812119499

I'll be getting a pair next paycheck.
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Postby Scyonite on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:56 am

Tentacles wrote:
Scyonite wrote:I'm always wondering if I have it but just don't know because it's all I've ever or mostly played with. I remember someone at some point raised the point that a lot of people don't realize. Is there a way to be able to identify this?

The biggest tell is the power coming off of your shots. When you smash a ball that should be a power shot and it registers as a wheels hit, it's painful. Another way to tell is half flipping & wave dashing becomes extremely difficult.

Then I'd have to conclude I don't have hcb. I feel my power shots, half flips and wave dashes are consistent. (Other than my .8 dodge deadzone which sometimes messes up the most intricate wave dashes).
So now the signature is gone which means I gotta find some kind of original signature to put here instead. Let me just say I'm really bad at coming up with original stuff out of the blue.. just not something I typically do. Reeee I can only use 255 chars.
Scyonite
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support