Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby amishrobot8000 on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:51 pm

So, here we are, almost two years after the original post. No promise of a fix, not even a direct acknowledgement of the issue itself, only that there are "connection issues" that they "can't replicate".

Get the hint, folks. Psyonix doesn't give a fuck.
amishrobot8000
Supersonic

Steam ID: amishrobot8000
Region: US

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:13 am

Like I said before this problem is not a game problem its the hole pc wich is bugged. The newest rumers is has something to do with mb sandoffs. I dont know if its true. But you have to think bigger than only RL and Psyonix but I must say I wounder why they dont help their coustermers.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby amishrobot8000 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:36 pm

I've had >80 e-mails with their "support" service between five tickets. Ultimately, all of which ended after they ask for my dxdiag. Admittedly, there was one exchange that ended on my accord after said I wouldn't be playing anymore, so there was no need to continue the correspondence.

I've rebuilt and upgraded my PC, switching from AMD to Intel with both CPU and GPU. I upgraded my connection. I switched ISPs. I've replaced every peripheral. We're talking over $4,000 to accommodate ONE GAME. I admit, it's not healthy, but I love this game.

That being said, it has nothing to do with hardware or connection (currently running 200 Mbps). The only thing I haven't tried is creating an entirely new Steam account, switching platforms, or moving.

DO NOT SPEND ANOTHER DOLLAR ON THIS GAME UNTIL PSYONIX FIXES THE ISSUE.
amishrobot8000
Supersonic

Steam ID: amishrobot8000
Region: US

Postby aceworm on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:33 pm

Believe me switching platforms won't do anything, I have both PS4 and PC under the same connection and there is no difference.

There could be something to moving house though, the last house i lived in (same system) The heavy car was much less I believe. But hardly worth a new mortgage to play rocket league.

I actually dreamt the other night that a solution was posted, and everyone on the forum was changing there settings and it works. I was smiling and it was like I was at peace, like a problem had been fixed out of my life. I think a lot of people in this forum see this as a major unresolved issue in their lives, I would feel so much more complete if I could play this game nicely.
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:31 am

amishrobot8000 wrote:I've rebuilt and upgraded my PC, switching from AMD to Intel with both CPU and GPU. I upgraded my connection. I switched ISPs. I've replaced every peripheral. We're talking over $4,000 to accommodate ONE GAME. I admit, it's not healthy, but I love this game.

That being said, it has nothing to do with hardware or connection (currently running 200 Mbps). The only thing I haven't tried is creating an entirely new Steam account, switching platforms, or moving.

this could suggest it's an issue tied directly to your account then? Because if everything else didn't work then it doesn't leave many other possibilities. I guess it could be the internet line running to your house but I doubt that.

keep an eye out for a sale on RL then buy it on a new account, completely uninstall the game, remove (but backup) every file associated with it, then reinstall and play it under the new account?
psyonix
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby xWILLx101 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:22 am

my man spends $4k on everything before even making a new account for $16 lmao
xWILLx101
Acrobatic

GamerTag: xWILLx101
Region: EU

Postby l0wcrow420 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:08 am

aceworm wrote:Believe me switching platforms won't do anything, I have both PS4 and PC under the same connection and there is no difference.

There could be something to moving house though, the last house i lived in (same system) The heavy car was much less I believe. But hardly worth a new mortgage to play rocket league.

I actually dreamt the other night that a solution was posted, and everyone on the forum was changing there settings and it works. I was smiling and it was like I was at peace, like a problem had been fixed out of my life. I think a lot of people in this forum see this as a major unresolved issue in their lives, I would feel so much more complete if I could play this game nicely.

very well written - was feeling it

I completely lost control over my life - not wanna get into much details. I am happy I even got the chance and trying to get out of this after I searched for help - doing better BUT what you said " I think a lot of people in this forum see this as a major unresolved issue in their lives" making it very difficult
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: l0wcrow

Postby Tentacles on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:11 am

I haven't spent money on this game for 2 years now. My protest doesn't seem to be helping...
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby xWILLx101 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:05 pm

ofc nothing is helping, the game is still raking in $$$ elsewhere.

even the people in the discord server, all working together + have a dev with them haven't found a breakthrough 1/2 months later. 2/3 years in total.
i've given up at this point and am just gonna chill, look for some other games.

good luck to everyone though. i'm not tryna slate people still looking for hope, i respect you because we're all in this together.
see you around and i'll check back every few weeks to see if there is any breakthrough. all i will say is that i'm still convinced that internet/server routing is the issue, and heavy car feeling is caused by differing turn radius/radii.

ciao
xWILLx101
Acrobatic

Postby jerraa1 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:15 am

what the fuck is going on with this game. Like I was on a 2 week holiday and i just came back, and ofcourse the game feels even slower then before. I didnt think it could get any worse but ye it does. Everything is off.
jerraa1
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Jerra LFT
Region: Europe

Postby DustyJaneway on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Okay so I’m glad this isn’t just me and I’m not going mad. I believe these issues started for me straight after the latest update. (I play on PS4 Pro with a 4K TV on HDR mode). All of a sudden, my car felt ‘different’ during matches; it was like the left control stick was faulty, because my car was not responding like it should do. It’s heavy/laggy... I keep on missing the ball because of of this. I have tried online and offline games, and the problem is still there. It’s made the game unplayable. I tried 2 other controllers, and the same thing occurs. I’m really gutted/disheartened - and frustrated. I’ve spent a lot of money on this game, purchasing loot crates etc, and now it’s pretty much unplayable. I’m relieved that others are experiencing this too, so it’s not just me... But I’m so disappointed to read that this is actually a long term problem that hasn’t been fixed.
DustyJaneway
Supersonic

PSN ID: DustyJaneway

Postby John Dorian on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:14 am

After 3 years I just found the problem - not the solution - but the problem!

After analyzing this game over and over while having the hcb and while not having it, I realized, the " heavy car feeling " isn't coming from the car itself - No. it is coming from the camera! Well, it's not that easy to explain. My mother language isn't english and this can't be explained in a few words. It would be better to make a video to proof some weird camera issues and bugs in this game.

Also I would like to suggest you to the experiment of "Schrödingers Cat" to understand my thought and explanation of all this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjaAxUO6-Uw

Guys...I don't drop the secret right now, because this could end really bad, if players all over the world would know about that . I really mean it, this can be game changing in any way for every player as more people will know about this. I am not even sure if pro players know it thats for sure, and if some know about it, they probably would't share it because it makes a huuuuuuge difference to know about that or not.

For me I would like to talk about this first with some pro players or with psyonix itself...but nothing new, the pro players don't accept random friends requests after a game, even if I'm telling them I just want to talk about a fact and issue i figured out...and psyonix ...well we don't have to talk about them. more than 150 pages talking themself.

To end this real quick: Have you ever think about the reason, why psyonix dont let us know about how their game is programmed?...
well they don't have to to me - even if I am no programmer at all - I found 1 or 2 essential points, which are game changing - not just for me - I CAN MAKE YOU MISS THE BALL AND YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW I AM THE REASON OF THAT!!!! YOU WOULD JUST THINK : WHAAAAAT? or FUCK ME or OMG or I'M DONE - because u just whiffed a real good open net chance or you would think there was some kind of lag or ....mhhh maybe some controlls didn't work properly. But I don't need a cheat or a programm or what ever hack or edit change or some shit, I just have to do one tiny thing just in the right moment when you are about to shoot or find your momentum or angle.

Well Psyonix, do you even know about that? ;)
John Dorian
Supersonic

Steam ID: John Dorian

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:48 pm

uhh

what?
psyonix
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby DustyJaneway on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:13 am

I think I’ll just have to wait for another update from Psyonix and pray that the game is then playing correctly. I most definitely know that this is a real problem and it isn’t all just “in my head” or “I’m having a bad run” kind of thing; in well over a year of playing Rocket League I have *never* experienced this issue before. And as I say, I’ve tried 3 different controllers with my PS4 Pro, and u have tried online and offline games, and all the time the problem persists - there is definite lag/glitchiness/unresponsiveness when I am trying to control my car :(
DustyJaneway
Supersonic

PSN ID: DustyJaneway

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 am

John Dorian why just post what you know about this? Of cause it will change everything and alot of players will be choked to feel how the game should be like. Not only in RL. but in all games cos the bug is in all games when you have it. But yes all are silent on game codes and Im pretty sure that it could be cause of this bug. If you know something please let us know I have the bug for so long now and I have quite gaming until a solve commes.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby bvdzande on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:47 am

Same issue here since last week. Not possible to play normal anymore. Not smooth. Left stick controller i thought that was the issue but it wasn't.
-ps4 pro with 4k tv,boost mode on, hdr on. No issues with other games.
Stable connection 200mbs and 16-20 ping. (on cable)
Smoothness is gone, near the goals the stuttering becomes heavier. Ball is not smooth anymore,cant hit it in one run/drive anymore.. it becomes too unsharp/ unsteady unpredictable or too stuttering
i Resetted everything from router to tv to ps4.. game modes on/off or changed, opened ports google dns, dmz, wifi vs cable nothing helps.
But it is perfectly smooth in training mode.
Played over a year without any problems.. what is going on?
Dont spent your money on changing hardware its the game unfortunately..
Maybe better to contact sony if nothing comes out (fixes)
bvdzande
Supersonic

PSN ID: [email protected]

Postby xWILLx101 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 am

Said I was going but just gonna share this.
Make of this what you will.

https://streamable.com/7rs3n
xWILLx101
Acrobatic

Postby xWILLx101 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:24 pm

https://youtu.be/iWNBrU4Ahp8

Had a lot of spare time today so I made a whole video which shows proof of the heavy car bug in action.
xWILLx101
Acrobatic

Postby aceworm on Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:51 pm

The air roll one is so noticeably different. The environment obviously seems to have some drag or delay on your cars turning. I notice i preform every so slightly better when i turn down to 1280p, even though my pc should be able to handle the performance of full HD and it reports no frame loss, Is itsomething in the environment causing it? The eggs, the light on the dome etc etc.

or is workshop disconnected from different servers?

Pretty nice description of the heavy bug there as well, im willing to accept it's to do with ever changing turning sharpness and radii which makes it impossible to turn and hit accurately, especially in contact with the ball. Still what good is it if the devs can't do anything :(
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby xWILLx101 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:25 am

Interesting thing I found was that on some workshop maps I felt heavier, did the test and it was the same as the exhibition example in terms of air roll.
And on other workshop maps it's much quicker. Does this eliminate any internet argument?
xWILLx101
Acrobatic

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support