Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:09 pm

But it was like 3-4 month ago..
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCar on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:36 pm

deactivated my soundcard, helped a little bit
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby amishrobot8000 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Here we are, 2 years and 3,000 posts later and Psyonix still won't officially recognize the issue.

Is it possible this "bug" has been deliberately implemented?
amishrobot8000
Supersonic

Steam ID: amishrobot8000
Region: US

Postby Tentacles on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:01 pm

Ha maybe we've all been put in a toxic q. Rip.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby aceworm on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:43 pm

amishrobot8000 wrote:Here we are, 2 years and 3,000 posts later and Psyonix still won't officially recognize the issue.

Is it possible this "bug" has been deliberately implemented?

This is what I thought honestly, to stop over saturation of a skilled scene. It would be beneficial to them to keep an elite team for people to gawk and awe at as apposed to everyone being good, making skilled moves/games no longer special or interesting to watch.

I know others personally with this bug, some for some reason or another may not accept the bug, but have 2000 hours plus and can't get to diamond, imagine how many other people out their simply accept the fact that this is how the game is and can't get any better. There would be 1000's more skilled players if this bug didn't exist, 1000's. Making skilled. not so 'skilled'
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Arkaner247 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:46 am

@Redstar

I would like to invite in HCB discord. Would be good when a "former" Game Developer joins the discord for discussing stuff etc.

https://discord.gg/3uVA8BX
Arkaner247
Supersonic

Postby magpy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Hello. I've written up a questionnaire for anyone experiencing the bug to fill out. If it receives a decent number of responses, the plan is to use the answers to form a clear description of the problem that I will then post here and in the discord, which if voted to be accurate, will be included as part of the main page of a git repository I plan to set up.

The repository will be a place to post, via the issue tracker (a forum, essentially): any clear evidence that the bug exists, any comments on a piece of evidence, any methods found to consistently reproduce the issue, any workarounds found to consistently alleviate the effects, and (moderated) speculation as to the cause. That way, evidence can be gathered in a format easily presentable to anyone not experiencing the problem or not following the discussion, including Psyonix.

I also plan to write a script that will run a number of macro test cases and record the response of the car. That will be posted to the repo at some point.
magpy
Supersonic

Region: EU

Postby HeavyCar on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:11 am

One question :

do u guys have onboard sound or soundcard ?
Which one do u use ?
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:19 am

Realtek HD.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby HeavyCar on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:56 am

same here + Asus Soundcard
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby Compact on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:18 am

I have Creative X-fi gamer soundcard and onboard is disabled in bios.
Compact
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCar on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 am

fix ur game psyonix

Edit :

http://store.payloadz.com/details/25582 ... eague.html

oh, come on.....
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby colekart3 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Lmao one person buy it and give it a shit rating
colekart3
Acrobatic

Steam ID: colekart3
GamerTag: colenovi

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:32 pm

Today i did something i think a lot of us have been interested in doing, and i don't think anyone has done yet. at least not that i know of.
I have a friend (in real life) who i play RL with, and doesn't have HCB. today i went over to his house, and took my gaming PC from home with me. He has a beast of a PC (I 7700K, GTX 1070, EVO 960 PRO)
I played like an hour on his PC, and then used my own PC on his rig.
As for his PC - he has HCB. big time. worse than i have most days. the thing is tho - it's very consisstent. very stable. i have tried like 20 different fixes (that all of us has already tried) and it didn't seem to effect much.
And my PC on his rig: also with HCB
He just never experienced anything else because his game is very stable - so he's sure that's how rocket league should feel like.
this got my believing even more that its highly probable that a very large percentage of the community has it, perhaps even most people, but maybe they just think this is how the game should be.
perhaps we are the "lucky" ones who understand that there's a problem, because we got to experience the game as it should be
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:40 am

^I've noticed this as well when I went over to a friends house, he claims he never lags so I had to try it. Nearly every shot he did ended up being a ghost hit and he blamed himself when it is clearly desync. People just don't realize it. That being said I think many people live by the servers and have internet providers with competition and none of those people would be affected by HCB.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:15 pm

yea it does make sense that people who live within close range to a server maybe wont be affected.
what im saying is, i think a huge chunk of the community has it. really huge.

the difference between us who complain about this and the others, is that for some reason, sometimes for us it gets better. so we see the difference clearly.

i think psyonix just dont understand the damage of such a thing.

people are quitting the game because they're progressing slowly.
getting depresed because they think they are thinking slower than others. or that they have worse reflexes/instincts.
people miss easy hits that they know they shouldn't miss. and telling themself its because they're tired. or drunk. or having an off day. or any other reason exept the real one.
people think that they somehow play better at night because they're more focused. or everybody's drunk at night. or good players have already gone to sleep. or someother stupid reason they invent.
getting frustrated when they get stuck in diamond for half a year. while others with 800 hours are already GC. thinking they they're just bad at at the game. or that other people are prodigies,

people are just living in the "matrix" created by this issue. telling them selfs whatever makes sense.
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:53 am

I believe Psyonix can see it. A game that is consistently selling(over 4 million copies now) but has an average player base that shrinks every month add that to the insane amount of people complaining about lag, they would have to be pretty fucking dumb to not put 2 & 2 together. I believe Psyonix is making an awesome profit from the loyal average player base that they chose not to invest in expensive servers to provide an equal game for all players.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:15 am

you are absolutly right. I expirenced the same thing. I had to freinds of my who have played alot of games. They tested my new pc and didnt see the bug it was in csgo. They thourgh it was how the game is. But I can clearly see it. The funny thing where the I was holding a party and one of the freinds who tryed my pc saying the game was smooth was suddenly saying with out gaming but just desktop and explore was running much faster now. I saw some weaks before that csgo servers was mantianed and suddely explore was much faster. It can be another update Im not aware of but it was like wow. The case is the pc is faster now but the bug is still there. But it clearly shows that many people dont see it but have it. I also shows that there is a big problem wich need to be solved. I totally sure Psyonix knows there are an issue but they are silent like Microsoft, Nvidia, Steam but why? Thats is the big question we need to get the answer. Imagine if all players who think their game is normal and suddenly see how shit it have been for years. Then the responsiable company will get loud shitstorm and lose all money. The qestion is its Microsoft the all hold they hand above because of fear or is its one of the other firms who made shit like Valve making serversside hitreg. and predition. So is will destroy the hole gamer indrustri. There is many things wich can effect why devs are silent but I rather see some of them have some guts and comming out saying sorry guys we fucked totally up and we are so shamefull cos everybody knows that the shit bug is there and its destorying gaming totally. Come out of the bush and act like a man not a fucking silent hidibg chicken. I hope that you are fully aware of wich pain you have caused people and destroying their live trying to solve this devs are responsible for. GET GUTS FFS DEVS.!!!
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:35 pm

GlacatixJR, a veteran in this forum, has sent an email about this to Epic games who developed the Unreal Engine - which is used by Rocket League, and this is a response from one of their developers:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... _reply.JPG
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:19 pm

Rocket League 2 plz...
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PreviousNext