Ideas For Next Rocket Pass

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Ideas For Next Rocket Pass

Postby FlubNub on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Hello! I am new to the forums! While I absolutely loved the new Rocket Pass, I think there could be some improvements for the next one....

1) Get rid of antennas, but keep a topper. Not 2 toppers though that's just silly. :tongue: There is no need, imo, to have any antennas since almost every game I join, I see no one using them. Also, imo, I like all other items more than toppers which is why I think there should only be one topper per pass

2) Remove guaranteed certified items after the last tier. Each item passed the highest tier will guaranteed be painted and maybe either 25% or 50% chance certified. I just think guaranteed certified items, though they can get painted, are useless since they aren't also guaranteed painted.

Tell me what you think and post more ideas for the next Rocket Pass below :cheesygrin:
Last edited by FlubNub on Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlubNub
Supersonic

Re: Ideas For Next Rocket Pass

Postby Spiffers on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:16 pm

I'm all for number 2. And I don't really have much of an opinion on 1. Not gonna lie, half the reason I bought the Rocket Pass (probably more) was for all of the XP boosts, but I do agree that an item being painted is more important than it being certified. However, when you say "reduce to a more reasonable level", what are you referring to? Because there are people who have gone past level 300 very legitimately, and I personally, before I played a lot more in the last 2 weeks, was still at like... 60 just for cashing daily wins. If you want the level 70 reward, it's not that much grind to get to.

However, I would definitely still take a better crafting system that allowed you to take items and combine them with more control of what comes out the other end. Will always hope for something like that - and it would make even more sense with all these (currently) un-recyclable items.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Postby FlubNub on Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Spiffers wrote:However, when you say "reduce to a more reasonable level", what are you referring to? Because there are people who have gone past level 300 very legitimately, and I personally, before I played a lot more in the last 2 weeks, was still at like... 60 just for cashing daily wins.

Sorry I wasn't very clear. What I meant was like instead of grinding to 70 you'd only be grinding to 55-60 ish for the highest reward. This isn't because it is hard to grind to tier 70, it's because I personally don't see the need to have 2 toppers per rocket pass nor any antennas. Almost every game I play, no one is using any antennas lol. I also like everything else more than I do toppers which is why I only would want 1 per rocket pass.

I'll update my original post to reflect this :)
FlubNub
Supersonic

Postby Spiffers on Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:04 pm

See, I know what you're saying about the levels. But that's also my point - if Psyonix doesn't make the Season Pass something that actually needs decent play to earn everything, what's the point? We already have people over-maxing the pass.

And the rest is very subjective - I don't really agree or disagree beyond my current statement of "I use antennas, and I actually change them more than anything other than decals". The whole thing about all of Rocket Pass is that it largely ends up being a wash to most people - I'm sure most people use very few aesthetic items on their cars, they just have a pool of a handful from each group they'll throw on a car at best. And releasing more items that fill the same slots don't help the problem any. This becomes the inherent problem - there's only so much customization one will want to do. But I'm also on about the lowest end of Fashion Wars in any game - I typically pick a look and stick to it for a long while because of a combination of laziness and low creativity in any game that has cosmetics.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Postby FlubNub on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:58 pm

I see where you are coming from. The part of the player base that only uses a handful of items doesn't need to buy the pass. I am the opposite though and love to customize my car which is why in the next pass I would want only guaranteed painted items in the pro tiers as well as less items that I find no one uses even if they dont customize their car much in the first place such as antennas. Yesterday I was eating some reeses and decided to make a car based off of the candy. Idk maybe I've been watching too many car design videos :tongue:

The people you say who are over maxing the pass though, that is their choice whether they are paying for it or not. It is not a problem if that's what the player wants. It is also what Psyonix wants if the player is paying loads for it amirite? 8-)

I also liked your idea of combining items together to make a more useable/tradable item. Although it seems like something Psyonix wouldn't add since it takes away from the gambling side of things with crates. :/
FlubNub
Supersonic

Return to Suggestions