Mate too stupid to vote?

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Mate too stupid to vote?

Postby Suxxess on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:54 pm

If your mates are to studid to vote for abandoned the match because they are too bad or they make own goals and so one.
Why I couldn't vote for fortfight in many times? It's time waste if your team is not good enough to win.

It's ok you couldn't win every game, but you are forced to play further...if one of them doesn't vote.
It would be better if 2 vote for FF then it should be happen.
Suxxess
Supersonic

Re: Mate too stupid to vote?

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:29 pm

I've won too many "hopeless" matches to make forfeiting an attractive option, even with the worst of teammates.

By the time you are even allowed to forfeit, there is only 3:30 left in the match, at the most.
Even if the score and teams are hopelessly lopsided at that point, I would still prefer to use the opportunity to practice maneuvers I wouldn't try in a closer match.
If you practice those moves in matches that are "already lost", against competition that is "way better than your teammates", the experience may allow you to win closer matches down the road, when you are facing more equal competition.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby Suxxess on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks for the fast reply. In some situations you may be have right, but if you have 5x or 10x as much score as your mates, it's a little frustrating. ( And if you play with your own mates on a much higher player level )
In that case ok no problem, fortfight and next one. The change with the 3:30 is untraceable.

You have the feeling that you get punished for the skill / stupidness of your mates.
Vote => FF => Next one
Easy and all are happy. :) It would be cool if the 3:30 rule are be revoked.
But ok you couldn't make all players happy. :) So thanks four your time.
Suxxess
Supersonic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:40 am

Sometimes I don't forfeit just to further trigger my toxic teammate :twisted: especially if they tell me to FF

or when they vote to FF at 0-1 I hit FF too
psyonix
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Suxxess on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:58 am

Hehe, 1 or 2 goals are not the problem. 3 or more and no chances to make own goals are...you know. ;)
Suxxess
Supersonic

Postby Spiffers on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:41 pm

Part of the problem is also how you worded your statement - you're immediately calling them "stupid", when the answers may well be something more like "determined" or "persistent". Many people have the mindset to play out the entirety of the match every match, even if their teammates leave or whatever. I've even stayed in games on occasion BECAUSE the other team was better than me, and I wanted to get better at dealing with whatever thing they were using to so handily beat me - figure out how to 50/50 them, or beat them to the ball, or deal with whatever.

Basically, I just want to say: Don't come in here to tell someone else how to play the game, which is basically what this thread is about. If you want to dictate when the game is over, play 1s or in a party that will accept when you're done with a game.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Return to Suggestions