Cooldown on recieving prospect as a team mate in 2v2

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Cooldown on recieving prospect as a team mate in 2v2

Postby xHGx Aj on Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:59 pm

I dont normaly complain alot about games but what just happened to me anoyed me so much I created an account just to come on here and complain.

So im not a super high rank or anything like that but ive really really been trying to improve my game last week or so and im seeing results like the advice ive taken has deffinetly worked

But I just got given a prospect (someone who hasent completes there 10 ranked games in order to be assigned a proper rank)as a team mate 2 matches in a row and they were both utter TRASH TIER! the second one I lost 7-2 and I only managed to score twice out of the other team making huge mistakes

They were both ball chasing following me after the same ball not in the centre waiting for pass's when they came, not defending when they should be they were just aweful

Which is fine I have nothing against players who are learning but to be given a prospect as a team mate twice in a row is not fair I lost both games and lost a division there should 100% be a cooldown like in time or matches before recieving a team mate that the mmr system doesent know where they should be

Its not fair fix it please.
Last edited by xHGx Aj on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
xHGx Aj
Supersonic

GamerTag: xHGx AJ

Re: Cooldown on recieving prospect as a team mate in 2v2

Postby Memeless on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:16 am

If you think your teammates are bad, you're just as bad as them. A skilled player would be able to CARRY their team. Although carrying sounds bad, if you're skilled enough and you believe you have bad teammates, you should be able to do it.

For more information, read viewtopic.php?t=39364. You'll finally realise your team aren't letting you down.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.
Memeless
Acrobatic

Region: EU

Postby xHGx Aj on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:37 am

What kind of nonsense reply is this I’m not awesome at the game I’m in the MMr bracket and rank I’m supposed to be in and the prospects aren’t that’s the problem 2v2 is just that 2v2 not 2v1.5.

I’m sorry but clearly you entirely misunderstood this post
Last edited by xHGx Aj on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
xHGx Aj
Supersonic

Postby littlebigleg on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:46 am

prospect ? this a new title or something?
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby Memeless on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:23 am

xHGx Aj wrote:What kind of nonsense reply is this I’m not awesome at the game I’m in the Mr bracket and rank I’m supposed to be in and the prospects aren’t that’s the problem 2v2 is just that 2v2 not 2v1.5.

I'm sorry but clearly I can't understand your reply.
All I was pointing out was that he was calling his team trash
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.
Memeless
Acrobatic

Region: EU

Postby xHGx Aj on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:36 am

Memeless wrote:
xHGx Aj wrote:What kind of nonsense reply is this I’m not awesome at the game I’m in the Mr bracket and rank I’m supposed to be in and the prospects aren’t that’s the problem 2v2 is just that 2v2 not 2v1.5.

I'm sorry but clearly I can't understand your reply.
All I was pointing out was that he was calling his team trash

Yes im saying they were trash tier probably a poor choice of words what im saying is this they were ranks below me clearly by the way they played which was obviously orders of magnitude below the skill level of myself and the opponent team.

Now my point is this

2v2 is a game mode where a 2 man team of a certain skill lvl lets say silver 3 for arguements sake plays another 2 man team of extremely similar skill level in an ideal word it would be another 2 silver 3's
That I assure you is what the MMR system tries to do

Now when a prospect (a player who hasent finished their 10 ranked games to be assigned a proper rank)

Is assigned to a team and that persons skill level is far below silver 3
Then whichever team he/she is on is at a marked disadvantage for obvious reasons!

Im saying there should be a cooldown on how often that can happen to an individual for example it happened to me twice in a row yesterday which cost me a devision place

How is this not reasonable ? are you high or something?
xHGx Aj
Supersonic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:33 pm

xHGx Aj wrote:I dont normaly complain alot about games but what just happened to me anoyed me so much I created an account just to come on here and complain.

You are literally complaining about the one aspect of Ranked play over which you have complete control.

You can't control who you are matched up AGAINST, but you have full control over who you get matched up WITH.
If you don't want to get paired up with some random player who has the same MMR number as you (which is what is happening, regardless of everyone's actual skill), avoid the issue, make some friends, and play with them.

You are IN the "trash tiers", based on your MMR number.
Why are you surprised/annoyed there are "trash tier players" there with you?
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:21 pm

The game isn't sure of how skilled an unranked (prospect) player is. They could be better than you or worse than you and the game can only have a handful of matches to guess what rank this player "belongs" in.

Also remember that after 30 days of inactivity your rank becomes "unranked" so some of the players you encounter could be in that situation too.

NoOne-NBA wrote:You are IN the "trash tiers", based on your MMR number.
Why are you surprised/annoyed there are "trash tier players" there with you?

Savage!
psyonix
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:42 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:Also remember that after 30 days of inactivity your rank becomes "unranked" so some of the players you encounter could be in that situation too.

That won't happen.
A player in that situation will retain their MMR, just not the rank icon associated with it.
Somebody who was Platinum, and sat out for a month or two, will still be playing in Platinum upon their return, not down in Silver.
NoOne-NBA

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:16 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
zGreenMachine- wrote:Also remember that after 30 days of inactivity your rank becomes "unranked" so some of the players you encounter could be in that situation too.

That won't happen.
A player in that situation will retain their MMR, just not the rank icon associated with it.
Somebody who was Platinum, and sat out for a month or two, will still be playing in Platinum upon their return, not down in Silver.

Could be bronze or GC, regardless of MMR you can't tell if a player has been inactive or working through placement matches since the icon is the same
Last edited by zGreenMachine- on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psyonix
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Spiffers on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:16 pm

I still think that's GreenMachine's point, NBA - just because they're unranked doesn't make them awful, it just means they're unranked. Which is all we're all trying to say - being "unranked" means a whole lotta nothing (other than they haven't played a lot of that ranked queue lately)
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Postby littlebigleg on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:33 pm

get team mates ,or take a spin at the magic wheel of whatever the solo queuing gods are going to give you,Your choice! We all deal with the same shit ,Just most of us dont cry and moan about it
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Spiffers wrote:I still think that's GreenMachine's point, NBA - just because they're unranked doesn't make them awful, it just means they're unranked.

Any good players you see being Unranked in Silver are going to be a complete anomaly now.
People start out at 600 MMR now, so anybody who deserves to be above that won't be in Silver anymore.
That's the point I was making.
I'm not saying you COULDN'T find one, but you'd have to work really hard to find any, at all.
NoOne-NBA

Postby xHGx Aj on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:58 pm

I should have known better than to find anything but toxicity on a bloody forum.

First off just because im low ranked doesent mean there arent thousands of people lower ranked than me this is why there are divisions you imbecile

also there is no reason I shouldent be able to rely on the MMR system to provide me with suitable partner as it does in most matches "play with friends all the time" nonsense if you had to do that it wouldent allow people to solo que (Honestly some peopler are flat out retarded.

Now with regards to people who have not yet finished CALIBRATING its far from unreasonable to ask that you arent provided with an uncalibrated person twice in a fu***** row!
how is this not getting through to people?
Someone who isent calibrated yet could be any bloody rank and as ive found out today that its not out of the ordinary for the MMR system to provide you with someone who hasent finished calibrating but clearly belongs far lower than your own skill level because its just happened to me again
twice in a bloody row uncalibrated people who belong at least 4 devisions below me against an opposing team that were both at my skill level and surprise surprise STOMPED!

Why are you thinking that asking to not be matched with an uncalibrated person twice a row is wrong/unfair/unreasonable
an uncalibrated person is a complete wild card so why should u be provided with one twice in a row it makes no bloody sense why not just make it so u cant be matched witha wild card more than once in every 5-10 games?????????????????????????????????????????
xHGx Aj
Supersonic

Postby littlebigleg on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:18 pm

you sure it isnt you thats playing pish? You arent being singled out,Its a cruel league !That we all play in!But you are crying foul.I dont care what rank you are,because we all deal with the same thing no matter what rank!Roll your sleeves up!Stop making excuses ,And win your way out of it,Or go play minecaft or something.

You are just yet another player that seems to be after an easier run that we have all been through,If you cant hack it,dont play ranked,Grow a set of balls kid!
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Spiffers on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Aj, are you saying that someone who's played 10 matches is more calibrated than someone who's played 8? Because there's a bit of the argument that comes down to that kind of idea -You're saying just because someone's rank is showing, it means it accurately reflects their skill. Unfortunately, in many cases, it still doesn't, especially if they're in the sub-30 games category
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:53 pm

xHGx Aj wrote:First off just because im low ranked doesent mean there arent thousands of people lower ranked than me this is why there are divisions you imbecile

also there is no reason I shouldent be able to rely on the MMR system to provide me with suitable partner as it does in most matches "play with friends all the time" nonsense if you had to do that it wouldent allow people to solo que (Honestly some peopler are flat out retarded.

First off, I didn't call you names.
I simply pointed out that you hold the solution to your own problem in your hand, so any "toxicity" here is all coming from YOU.

Second, the game IS providing you with partners who are at your same level.
I'm not saying you HAVE to queue with a pre-made team.
I saying you CAN, and that doing so will solve your problem immediately.
If you CHOOSE not to, that's on you, and you have to be willing to accept the consequences of that choice.
NoOne-NBA

Postby xHGx Aj on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:21 am

You just cant argue with ignorant/stupid..
xHGx Aj
Supersonic

Re:

Postby NoOne-NBA on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:17 am

xHGx Aj wrote:You just cant argue with ignorant/stupid..

I can explain stuff to you, but I can't understand it for you...sorry.

In the simplest terms I can come up with, if you don't want crappy random teammates, tell the game "Hey, keep your crappy random teammates, I brought my own"...and your problem is solved.

Your "solution" won't provide that same level of improvement to your current situation.
As somebody else pointed out, getting crappy random teammates who have played 10 or 12 matches isn't going to be at all functionally different than getting crappy random teammates who have only played 8 matches.
The only difference between the two is the little picture next to their name on the final scoreboard.
You need to concentrate on YOU, if you want to climb out of the cellar, which is sounds like you started to do, before getting distracted by this issue.

Looking back at your original post:
How many of those "passes nobody was there to receive" did you send directly to the opposing team?
If "nobody was there to receive them", why the hell were you passing the ball to start with?
If your teammate is not "back on defense", and isn't "there to receive the pass you're sending", you might as well just dribble the ball back, and put it into your own goal yourself.

The easiest way to work your way out of the lower levels is to take an extra defensive stance, and only commit to offensive plays when it is highly likely you'll be able to score.
It's not as exciting a way to play, but it's much more effective at the lower levels than hoping your teammate will miraculously get into position at the appropriate time.
Learn to make backboard passes to yourself, when you do go in, because you are the only person you can count on at the lower levels.
That's not to say, "never trust your teammates", as much as it is a suggestion to "trust, but verify".
See what your teammates can do, see what they do well, then cover the gaps for them, while letting them do whatever it is they are good at.

You don't have to carry the entire team, at both ends, to move up.
You just have to be in enough "right spots" to tip the scales ever so slightly into your team's favor.
The more balls you stop from going into your own goal, the less you have to put into the other team's goal.
Let the ballchasers chase the ball, even if it means leaving it for them, when they're riding your ass.
If you let them have the ball, it will allow you to get into a position from which you can capitalize on THEIR sets, when they finally do get one across the net.
It will also allow you to be in a position where you are already starting back, on those occasions where they lose the ball to the other team.
NoOne-NBA

Postby xHGx Aj on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Which is what I do,

I have started adopting a super defensive posture when this happens but I still feel strongly that calibrated players should not be given as a team mate to the same individual untill a set amount of games/time has elapsed Its not fair to give someone a wildcard uncalibrated player to someone twice in a row in competitive game play and call it fair

at least once your calibrated as bronze silver devision x or whatever then the system is fairly sure where u should be before that time it hasent got a clue

and if you cant see that then I dont know how to explain that in a way u can understand it seems perfectly reasonable to myself.
xHGx Aj
Supersonic

Next

Return to Suggestions