Tool that lets you create your own training sessions

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Tool that lets you create your own training sessions

Postby Ra1n539 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:39 am

Original Thread:
Hey,

I have been playing rocket league for a while now and a big part of what made me a better player were the goalie, aerial and the striker training.
They are limited to a few scenarios though so i though it would be cool to create and share your own training sessions.

I started working on a program that can create and save such training sessions.

What i had in mind was, you go into free play mode and with a hotkey you start/reset a specific scenario that you or someone else created.

To create a scenario you have to specifiy the ball's/car's start position/rotation and the force + direction the ball is going to fly once the hotkey is pressed.
Here a screenshot of how i though the interface could look like:

My Questions are now:

Would you be interested in a program like that?

and

I would have to make use of memory edits to alter the coordinates and stuff and id like to know if psyonix has ever said anything about whether they are ok with it or not.

There are already some shots included in the download. They come as a .shot file and are saved inside the "trainingSessions" folder. All the files inside this folder are being loaded into the program once you start it.

To use one of them, check the "Enable" checkbox and go into FreePlay-Mode. Now you can press either the hotkey you assign in the tool's settings or the "reset shot" key on your Controller which you should already have assinged in the Rocket League settings to reset that shot.

To create your own shots click the "+". Here you can switch between 2 different views of the field. Click and drag the ball/car to the position you want it to be and rotate them by holding the ctrl-key while draging. To give the ball movement, check the "Momentum" checkbox and a red arrow will appear next to the ball. That's the direction the ball will be shot. The force value (going from 0 to 200) determines how fast the ball will go. A Force of 0 means the ball will be frozen, like the ball in the Pro-Aerial training for example.
Hit the "Apply" button to test your shot. I suggest going into windowed mode to create shots because you probably have to test it many times until you set it up right and having to go in and out the game everytime you want to change something is annoying.

Psyonix's statement about third party tools: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... mods_like/

NOTE: Each version is made for a specific Rocket League version and won't work anymore after a Rocket League Patch. I'll try to update it as soon as i can after a Patch.

The download to the latest version can be found here:
http://rocketleaguetrainer.com/p/download

Post here, PM me or add me on steam for questions, bugs, suggestions or anything else.
Last edited by Ra1n539 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:10 am, edited 13 times in total.
Ra1n539
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Ra1n539
Region: Europe

Re: Tool that lets you create your own training sessions

Postby Nk10 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:44 am

Yeh sounds like a cool idea if you are up for making it.

Or maybe psyonix could just add more training, or add mutators to training or something like that.
Nk10
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby vivster on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:24 am

Dribble and wall practice would be a dream come true for me. I already gave up hope that Psyonix will ever put any work into offline modes again.

So yeah, bring it on!
vivster
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: kaninch0n
Steam ID: vivster
Region: EU

Postby Drummel on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:34 am

There have been many requests for a training system you could place your own shots in. If Psyonix approves I would say go for it, but I doubt it. See what they say though. Otherwise we wait for the version they program.
Drummel
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Drummel
Region: PC US

Postby DrFred on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:17 pm

I'm convinced Pysonix at some point has to improve the training. It's not bad as it is, but when people start to get to their skill ceilings they will need to spend more and more time in training and it will be a lot better if they make the training more enjoyable and varied. I have someideas that I will post if I have time, but one of them is this. Custom trainings is a must.
DrFred
Supersonic

PSN ID: DrFred

Postby Zinn on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:01 pm

I personally found most training useless because the static environment doesn't provide realistic paths for the ball and your starting position is kinda bad. Most of those cannons are just designed to eat up 3-5 seconds on the timer and that's about it, if you wait them out you can poke the ball in easily. The aerials in GK practice were pretty nice for super basic flight training, though.

Basically, besides custom training options, I'd like to see scenarios that let you use more tools at you disposal. A simple rolling ball in a certain position can yield many different potential finishes but the kind of path the ball typically takes from those cannons means there are very few ways of approaching them.
Zinn
Acrobatic

Postby Ra1n539 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:05 am

I have a first version ready now. It still has some bugs but most of it is working.

If anyone is interested in trying it out and testing it pm me.
Ra1n539
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Ra1n539
Region: Europe

Postby notosoa on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:27 am

This, is what i wanted since a long time.
This is great and of course i want to try it but, i'm a new member so i can't pm me you yet, can you do that?
notosoa
Supersonic

Postby Quames on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:53 am

Is your tool open source? I'd love to get a look at the code and/or try to help out.
Quames
Supersonic

Steam ID: Quames

Postby Hadarian on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:58 am

Sadly not allowed to write PMs yet :) Saw about this trainer on reddit and would really like to test it and help you fix some bugs if I find any. It's really cool and something I always wanted for the game.
Hadarian
Supersonic

Postby Tajot on Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:07 pm

Ra1n539 wrote:I have a first version ready now. It still has some bugs but most of it is working.

I just made an account so I can't PM but I would love to test your program!
Tajot
Supersonic

Steam ID: Tajot
Region: Canada

Postby ThijsDockhorn on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:14 pm

Ra1n539 wrote:I have a first version ready now. It still has some bugs but most of it is working.

I'd love to try a version, I've seen a video and seems to work pretty well. I think I do not have the permission to pm you, either that or I just can't find it... Can you PM me somehow? Appreciate it!
ThijsDockhorn
Supersonic

Steam ID: Thois
Region: EU

Postby NaRU on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:19 pm

i would like to try it out! cant PM you for some reason though.
NaRU
Supersonic

Steam ID: NaRU

Postby Whats He Come As on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:37 pm

Hey I'm just newly registered on the forums after browsing them for the past few months.

I stumbled on this thread last month and since saw Patrick O'Rourke's video showing off your trainer. And since I can't pm yet as I have to reach a post milestone I guessed I'd reply to your thread?
Anyway, I'd be really interested in trying out your trainer so just let me know if you've got a current version working at the moment.
Whats He Come As
Supersonic

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:55446152
Region: United Kingdom

Postby InfiniteSlick on Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm also interested in testing this out!
InfiniteSlick
Supersonic

Steam ID: InfiniteSlick
Region: United States

Postby troyz6988 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi Ra1n539!

Wow! This looks fantastic! If you need Alpha testers send me a copy i would love to give you feedback.

Keep the good work up!

See you in the field!
troyz6988
Supersonic

Steam ID: Abe

Postby auroadrunner on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:46 am

I would love to try it as well, but can't PM yet :(
auroadrunner
Supersonic

Steam ID: auroadrunner
Region: Steam

Postby jiegonator on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:29 pm

That would be an awesome tool. Everyone would be able to practice their weak angles and situations.
jiegonator
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: jiegonator
Region: No Idea. Steam

Postby Texas_Dragon on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:40 pm

I was watching the video on YouTube and I about lost it! The little he showed in the video was game changing! I have hit a wall in my progression of rocket league and I have been looking for something that would help push me to that next lvl, this is it. If you are still letting people test this trainer out please let me know. I am new to this forum so I can not use the PM feature of the site yet.
Texas_Dragon
Supersonic

PSN ID: Texas_Dragon
Region: United States

Postby SouthTwitch on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:52 pm

I'd love to try it out but I can't PM people :cry:
SouthTwitch
Supersonic

Next

Return to General Discussion