Starhawk - Patched for awesomeness!

Discuss other games, movies, or anything you like. Pants optional.

Re: Starhawk - (Sorta) Public Beta available!

Postby Cougar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:26 am

I know I always played Marvel full time because I loved it, and even when I wasn't feeling it my friends would invite me :lol: But Starhawk has made that a lot harder...
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: TheCougar44
Steam ID: CougarsGonnaCoug
Region: Both

Postby sarpbcIScrack on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:25 am

i think the full open public beta starts today when the store updates :headbang:
Jeal79 is the shiznit!

Fizzit wrote:Yeah hehe :D Hahahah yep
sarpbcIScrack
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: PhillyPhils08
Steam ID: PhillyPhils08
Region: US/EU

Postby Cougar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Really? Are you trying to say I'm gonna look even more pro? :D

But seriously, I'm really not sure what to do. I kinda want to use the skill that gives me the sniper, but Razorbacks without max speed just don't feel right. Besides, on Space I'm guaranteed a flag at the beginning of the match. I don't even think you can build that fast. You really should try that skill and see what I mean, because it feels like the power of a tank with the speed of the Warhawk Jeep.
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby sarpbcIScrack on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:17 pm

i have glanced at the skill category, but i have just been playing stock. i havent really tried to figure out those yet. i will check it out though. im about to look to see how truthful open beta is for tonight, if so yes you will look even more like a pro! its like having noobs in sarp all over again <3 lol. the jeeps do seem to move slower than i would like so i might at least check out the jeep one :twisted:

i noticed how we never seem to be thrown on the same team. which do you have our preferred team set to? i changed mine a bit ago because i had someone join me and we were on separate teams, i backed out and switched my preferrence to what team he was on and i joined on his team. thats the only way i have found to be able to choose teams(somewhat, not fully your choice) and team with people you know

EDIT: its true :banana:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/ ... -top-tips/
Jeal79 is the shiznit!

sarpbcIScrack
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Cougar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:41 pm

I just messaged some guy "force shield boom" before taking it out with him right there :lol: and I just played another game where we had 11 turrets in a small area. This stuff is hilarious.
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby sarpbcIScrack on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:52 pm

:laugh: i love that you had time to message him before blowing it up. i like in space how you can have such a small wall to protect the flag so you can just shoot up 3 walls real quick and start spamming turrets for defense. its hectic lol. cant wait to go home and play
Jeal79 is the shiznit!

sarpbcIScrack
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Cougar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Also, pretty sure that preferred faction feature is only for non-team based modes, which haven't been introduced yet. The teams are currently randomized and automatically balanced.
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby sarpbcIScrack on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:11 pm

ah i see. i thought it did make a difference though because i think im usually on the outcast team now, and i think thats what i set it to the last time i was trying to team with someone. i dunno though, possibly just coincidence
Jeal79 is the shiznit!

sarpbcIScrack
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Cougar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:20 pm

"Preferred Faction - The faction to use when not playing team based games"

I have mine set to Rifter, but I get Outcast more times than not. :|

Edit - now putting spinnahz on all my Razorbacks. By spinnahz, of course I mean mines on the wheels :lol: it's hilarious either hurling it into groups of people or just sticking it near a building and blowing it up.
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby sarpbcIScrack on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:03 am

Cougar wrote:"Preferred Faction - The faction to use when not playing team based games"

I have mine set to Rifter, but I get Outcast more times than not. :|

Edit - now putting spinnahz on all my Razorbacks. By spinnahz, of course I mean mines on the wheels :lol: it's hilarious either hurling it into groups of people or just sticking it near a building and blowing it up.

i saw a situation last night that would have been perfect fo da spinnahz. i dont know if we were on the same team or not, but my team took the flag and got killed not far from the enemys base. i went to get the flag and there were literally 4-5 of them trying to return it. i saw someone in a jeep swing through and kill most, and i used my rocket launcher to get the rest 8-)

i actually have my faction set to rifter lol, but i noticed last night i was outcast quite a bit :laugh: man these psn store updates are getting later and later. i was trying to get dj to check it out but it was like 10pm and it still wasnt there
Jeal79 is the shiznit!

sarpbcIScrack
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Re: Starhawk - Updated OP for fully public Beta!

Postby Cougar on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:14 am

Haha nice. I feel like I'm the police with those spinners on AND my Razorback outspeeding theirs. I caught two guys who were trying to get away with our flag and passed on the Spinnahs of Enforcement 8-) Now I have even more reasons for the vehicle speed skill. Razorbacls get to Jeep speed and Hawks feel like aftergurner speed without even turning them on. With them actually on, it takes about 2-3 seconds to go from one end of Acid Sea to another.  :shock:

I also made the switch to pro flight yesterday. Maybe that will spark some interest in Hawks for me again. Flying upside down FTW 8-)

Also, EVERYONE needs to read this. I mentioned this a few pages earlier but here it is coming from someone else. 

"Wall Spam, What Is It Good For? Absolutely Nothing! If you place a ton of walls they will suck up structure cap space – and the enemy will fly over them anyway! Use them intelligently. Look to create choke points and use them efficiently. It’s very tempting to build them as they are relatively cheap and they scratch the 'build a base' itch. Stand firm! Avoid spamming the battlefield with unwanted clutter!"

This is so important because as they said, it sucks (up structure cap space). It's also annoying since you can't fly with the flag, so you have to navigate whatever maze was built on foot. A well-built, well-defended base is always superior to a base riddled with so many walls that you can't even build turrets.

Finally, the other day I watched someone fly quite a bit farther than me with their Jetpack, and I wondered why. Well, yesterday I tested and apparently by pressing R2 for about 0.5 seconds and releasing for the same time repeatedly, it not only prolongs your time but prolongs your distance. One can even fly from their base to the opponent's island on Space. 
Last edited by Cougar on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby sarpbcIScrack on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:33 am

pro flight, thats the original controls right? i havent played much in a hawk. i will treat it like warhawk. wait til im pretty decent on the ground and get used to flying
Jeal79 is the shiznit!

sarpbcIScrack
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Cougar on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 am

sarpbcIScrack wrote:pro flight, thats the original controls right? i havent played much in a hawk. i will treat it like warhawk. wait til im pretty decent on the ground and get used to flying

No, Arcade is the original Warhawk control scheme. Advanced is Warhawk's Pro Flight, where right stuck switches from barrel rolls to actually gradually rolling your ship. The camera follows, which allows you to fly upside down or sideways and gives more control at the expense of ease of use.
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby sarpbcIScrack on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:49 am

Cougar wrote:
sarpbcIScrack wrote:pro flight, thats the original controls right? i havent played much in a hawk. i will treat it like warhawk. wait til im pretty decent on the ground and get used to flying

No, Arcade is the original Warhawk control scheme. Advanced is Warhawk's Pro Flight, where right stuck switches from barrel rolls to actually gradually rolling your ship. The camera follows, which allows you to fly upside down or sideways and gives more control at the expense of ease of use.

hmm sounds interesting. may have to pop in warhawk just to give it a try before trying it in starhawk. dont think thats how i flew before, i dont even know if i knew about the option. when i got into warhawk it was at a friends, so it was just get into playing and he would tell me the controls. i got used to those and stuck with them when i got my ps3. flying upside down and sideways sounds cool though 8-)
Jeal79 is the shiznit!

sarpbcIScrack
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Cougar on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby sarpbcIScrack on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:41 pm

eh thats not too bad, but i dont think it should cost more than a supply bunker. after all the bunker creates more killing opportunities than jet packing around with just the rifle and grenades. but then i guess since you have a jet pack you have easier access to rift barrels and can build faster than if you were to be camping at spawn for rifts after you spend 4 on a bunker trying to get a jet pack
Jeal79 is the shiznit!

sarpbcIScrack
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Cougar on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:59 pm

A good balance would have been 6 rift on purchase, 3 per unit. It has taken a bunch of changes between the fuel changes (nerf) to another fuel change (buff) to missiles locking on faster (nerf) to minimum spawn rift being changed from 1 to 3 (huge buff) so I think in the end, they were overpowered. I think that having to get rift to earn your Vultures is gonna change the game in a huge way, and I think I might like it. I just wish it was 3 instead of 4 so I couldn't do my Spinnah Runs where I spawn, grab a Vulture and ammo, grab a jeep, put some spinnahs on it, blow stuff up with that, Jetpack away etc. I just disagree with not being able to buy one without leftover rift but that's how it was originally, and I guess that makes things a little less mindless.
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby protagonist1 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Ever since they nerfed the rocket (reload time), I've actually adapted and gotten better. I've been getting direct shots for days! I still need to try dat sniper though :mrgreen:
protagonist1
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: protagonist_1
Region: US

Postby Cougar on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Jetpacks only cost 3 rift after all. They typo'd, apparently.

/SOHAPPY
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby sarpbcIScrack on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:04 am

good, hopefully they meant to put it at 3 and dont fix it next update. i was really hoping for this new map yesterday though :x

i like the sniper and how you or the enemy can tell. i like someone seeing my beam follow them and they start frantically jumping up and down/crouching :laugh:
Jeal79 is the shiznit!

sarpbcIScrack
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic