The Real Jeal Reel

Discuss other games, movies, or anything you like. Pants optional.

Re: The Real Jeal Reel

Postby coolcole93 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Jeal79 wrote:
DANGEROUS-BEANS wrote:Do you use powerpoint for any reflections, glow, shadows etc? xD

Powerpoint? Do you mean Photoshop? I use Photoshop CS2 for ALL sigs/art I have produced. I've managed to get a hold of CS5 but am less than impressed with "Content Aware Fill" and even less impressed at how slow it runs on my PC :P

mikhd002 wrote:Hey, having just looked through all these sigs that you've (Jeal) made, would you mind if I asked you to fix my sig up? I made it in Powerpoint, and screen grabbed it as I neither have the time nor the software to do it more professionally. If you need them I can get you the brick wall image and the Psyonix logo (although both of those are very easy to find) The writing is just plain old WordArt, and fairly easy to replicate. I rather stupidly didn't save the actual powerpoint so unfortunately I can't get that to you.
Anyways - if you choose to accept my request - here are all the images I used, although you may not want to use these exact images.
http://www.freestockimages.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/free-stock-images-brick-wall-textures-02.jpg and
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/11/psyonix_logo.png

Basically I just want it done so it looks a bit more professional (rectangular shaped) and for it to be made transparent, however as I don't have the powerpoint you may have to re-do it. I don't mind what else you want to put on it (within reason). Although the whole idea is to make it look like its graffiti on a wall.

Thanks in Advance.

Whats with all this talk of powerpoint? Powerpoint is aimed at producing slideshow presentations but doesn't feature many great image editing features.

If I understand you rightly then I'll happily make you what you want. Gimmie a day or 2 - I've a few side projects on the go right now including building an entire website for a local bathroom company!!! :shock:

I never knew you were a web designer Jeal :D I thought you were just good at making sigs an' shit.
:yaypsyonix: Image :yaypsyonix:
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: coolcole93
Steam ID: [VNP]Cole93
Region: EU

Postby Jeal79 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:33 pm

coolcole93 wrote:I never knew you were a web designer Jeal :D I thought you were just good at making sigs an' shit.

I dabble.

Basically I like doin a little bit of everything. There's nothing you can't do if you are prepared to take the time to learn.
I'm 31. I've had tons of time to learn tons of things and being of a curious nature, theres more than a few strings to my bow 8-)
Jeal79
Extraordinarily Talkative

PSN ID: Jeal79

Postby SHOGUN-CAL on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Right video is just waiting for its last bit then ill post.
SHOGUN-CAL
Head of Morridoom
Head of Morridoom

PSN ID: SHOGUN-CAL

Postby SHOGUN-CAL on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:31 am

SHOGUN-CAL
Head of Morridoom
Head of Morridoom

PSN ID: SHOGUN-CAL

Postby Jeal79 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:18 am

Vid looks great. Thanks :mrgreen:

I'll pop this on the front page
Jeal79

Postby Jeal79 on Fri May 13, 2011 2:04 am

I know I still have a lot to learn (and this site isn't 100% finished yet) but making this website: http://www.cmbathrooms.co.uk has really made me think about doing web design "full time".
It hasn't been easy (curse you vertical scroll bars!!!) and I still need to be better at managing my own time without distraction but I really have learned a lot this month while the PSN has been down and now have a much more comprehensive understanding of HTML and CSS.

...I also made the site logo/banner and the animated GIF on the frontpage if you couldn't tell already. I know I'm obviously biased, but I don't think the site looks too shabby. I'll really have to get a move on with the missing content though :tongue:
Jeal79

Postby Fysho on Fri May 13, 2011 2:13 am

If I should give any criticism, it should be that you shouldn't use a font with serifs, since that's usually only for longer texts. Apart from that, it looks nice :)
coolcole93 wrote:Well, it's been a great run and a hell of a lot of fun, but it's now time for me to say goodbye
Fysho
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP

Postby Jeal79 on Fri May 13, 2011 2:14 am

Fyshokid wrote:If I should give any criticism, it should be that you shouldn't use a font with serifs, since that's usually only for longer texts. Apart from that, it looks nice :)

Thx man. Obviously I still have FTP control as I'm managing the site for them and still have content to publish so I'll look into swapping the font
Jeal79

Postby SeanNolan5 on Fri May 13, 2011 2:59 pm

hey jeal, you made my communitage 2 sig transparent :) thanks <3
SeanNolan5
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

PSN ID: SeanNolan5

Postby Jeal79 on Fri May 13, 2011 3:03 pm

SeanNolan5 wrote:hey jeal, you made my communitage 2 sig transparent :) thanks <3

Lol. No need to thank.

I didn't have a timer on hand but I'm fairly sure I did it in about 15 seconds. No Biggie.

I wish all image requests were as simple as removing one of the colours from a 2 colour image. ;)
Jeal79

Postby SeanNolan5 on Fri May 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Jeal79 wrote:
SeanNolan5 wrote:hey jeal, you made my communitage 2 sig transparent :) thanks <3

Lol. No need to thank.

I didn't have a timer on hand but I'm fairly sure I did it in about 15 seconds. No Biggie.

I wish all image requests were as simple as removing one of the colours from a 2 colour image. ;)

lol, im liking the website thing aswell, you should turn it into a career, (if you havent already)
SeanNolan5
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

PSN ID: SeanNolan5

Postby Jeal79 on Fri May 13, 2011 3:40 pm

SeanNolan5 wrote: im liking the website thing aswell, you should turn it into a career, (if you havent already)

Thx. Already contemplating it as its been suggested by friends and family etc.
I've also seen that freelance web designers charge anything between £30-£60 per hour :shock:

Right now I see that its a possibility but I'll need to do quite a bit more pro bono work to get better at it and so I have some more work to showcase.
In a few months I'm intending to have my own website and domain to showcase my work. Off the back of the C M Bathrooms website I've already had requests from 2 other sources for sites. With my own website I can showcase these along with some of my graphic/image work and maybe look at starting a career from there.

I still have plenty to learn. Although I'm quite confident with HTML and CSS, I don't know the first thing about Java or Flash. I've had a brief play with Flash, but that only proved to myself how useless I was at using it. Its not nearly as intuitive as I thought it would be. If this web design does start to become a potential career path I'll really have a lot of reading to do to catch up with the industry.
Jeal79

Postby Jeal79 on Tue May 17, 2011 10:56 am

Fyshokid wrote:If I should give any criticism, it should be that you shouldn't use a font with serifs, since that's usually only for longer texts. Apart from that, it looks nice :)

Updated Site to Arial font (sans-serif). Thanks for the tip Fysho.

Also got the Gallery up. Just 1 section to go :D
Jeal79

Postby Fysho on Tue May 17, 2011 10:59 am

Jeal79 wrote:

Updated Site to Arial font (sans-serif). Thanks for the tip Fysho.

Also got the Gallery up. Just 1 section to go :D

Ooo, looks very good now :)
coolcole93 wrote:Well, it's been a great run and a hell of a lot of fun, but it's now time for me to say goodbye
Fysho
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP

Postby CbodHotRod on Tue May 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Nice site man! Especially the pictures of the lady showering and the ghostly black man. :lol:

CbodHotRod
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: CBodHotRod
Region: Colorado >> Japan

Postby Jeal79 on Tue May 17, 2011 11:41 pm

CbodHotRod wrote:Nice site man! Especially the pictures of the lady showering and the ghostly black man. :lol:

lol. I just knew someone was gonna pick up on those naked shots.

I work with what I'm given ;)
Jeal79

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:13 pm

JEAL

if you have any spare time would you do me a massive favor? :cheesygrin:

you see my avatar, could u replace my current sig girl with that one? n make the outlines silver instead of red on the rectangular box? or is that too much to ask? lol
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Postby Infernal on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 am

Awesome work man! 8-)
Sigs courtesy of MOI.
Infernal
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Infernal6137

Postby DANGEROUS-BEANS on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:15 am

Nice site man
sfex3champion wrote:
sfex you a girl?

I really dont know
DANGEROUS-BEANS
Expeditious
Expeditious

PSN ID: Beeeaans

Postby Jeal79 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:33 am

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:JEAL

if you have any spare time would you do me a massive favor? :cheesygrin:

you see my avatar, could u replace my current sig girl with that one? n make the outlines silver instead of red on the rectangular box? or is that too much to ask? lol

Hey dude. Sorry I missed this. I'm not as active on the forums these days so when I hit "View New Posts" I'm not always seeing EVERYTHING I've missed. Shouldn't be too hard to do what you're asking. I was planning to spend half a day sometime soon updating a new sig for myself (New Vegas sig is a little out-dated now) so I'll have my photoshop head on anyway.

Should have something ready for you in a about a week :mrgreen:

Infernal wrote:Awesome work man! 8-)

DANGEROUS-BEANS wrote:Nice site man

Thx guys :pimp:
Jeal79

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic