Mega Help Thread

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Mega Help Thread

Postby Petoskey97 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:47 pm

General Issues

These are non-platform specific issues. If your problem is not in this post, look in the platform specific post relating to you.

I bought keys but they didn't show up

- If you bought keys and they didn't show up, wait an hour. If they have not shown up, check with your bank to see if the money was removed from your account. If it was not, you need to buy the keys again. If the money was removed, submit a support ticket to Psyonix here.

I cannot connect to the servers

- If you cannot connect to the Rocket League servers, there are a few things that can be done. Start with step one and then go to the next step if the prior step didn't work.

1. Check your internet connection to make sure you are connected to the internet.
2. Restart Rocket League and try to connect to the servers.
3. Check the Rocket League twitter page here to see if the servers are down.
4. Restart your console/computer.
5. Check platform specific post below.

My level and presets won't save

- If you are having issues with your level and presets saving, go through the steps below.

1. Uninstall your game then reinstall your game.
2. If you are on Steam/PC check here.
3. If you are on Xbox or PS4 submit a support ticket here.

I keep getting lag and disconnecting from the servers

- If you are having lag issues, follow the below steps.

1. Make sure you are using the servers that are closest to you.
2. Check your internet speeds by running a speed test here.
3. If your DL speed is below 10 Mbps and your UL speed is below 2 Mbps, you have slow internet speeds and that is the cause of your lag. This could be because of your Internet Provider or your internet router. Check with your provider to see what your max speeds are.
4. Make sure your router is up to date. For best results, an AC band router should be used. If you do not have an AC router, a good quality one can be bought for less than $60/48£.
5. Check platform specific post below.

I got scammed/My items are missing

- If you got scammed or have items missing, there is nothing that can be done. Unfortunately, it is the fault of the person scammed for not being more careful before accepting the trade. As irritating as this is, it's all that can be said. Psyonix will not refund your items or compensate you in any way. If your items are missing, they have been traded up for other items or given away to someone else. Items cannot disappear into thin air due to the items being stored online. If you have items missing, you should immediately contact your platform's support and make sure it gets secured.

Steam Support: https://help.steampowered.com/
PS4 Support: https://support.us.playstation.com/
Xbox Support: https://support.xbox.com/

I got banned, how to I get unbanned?

- If you have been banned, you were more than likely at fault and deserving of the ban. There are three types of successive bans, as described below.

First Ban: 24 Hour ban
Second Ban: 1 Week/168 Hour ban
Final Ban: Permanent ban - You will never be allowed to play Rocket League online again

- If you feel that your ban was not fair or was given by mistake, you can send an email to: [email protected]
- You should include as much information as possible about the problem within the email.

I tried to rejoin a competitive match and got put in a private match.

- Being placed in a private match when trying to rejoin a competitive match is very rare but still possible. If this happens, leave the private match immediately. There is nothing that can be done about being unable to reconnect to the ranked match. It will count as a loss and you will receive a 15-minute ban. You should just wait it out and play again after the 15 minutes are up.

I tried to rejoin a ranked match but it said the game was over.

- If you attempt you rejoin a ranked match and it says that the match has already concluded, you will be unable to rejoin the match even if it is still being played. There is a bug where you will receive this message even if the match is not over. There is nothing you can do about this and the match will count as a loss and you will receive a 15-minute ban.

My crates/keys won't show up in trading/my inventory.

- If you cannot see your crates or keys while trading, go to your options and uncheck "Hide Crates". Note: Xbox players cannot trade keys.

My problem started after the last update.

- There is a current glitch where your game will run into issues if you attempt to change your camera settings in the post game menu. There is no way to fix this but the only way to prevent it is to change your camera settings whenever you are not in the post game menu.

DropShot Issues

I found a new bug.

- If you are having issues because of the DropShot update please click here to see if the issue is already known by Psyonix.

I didn't recieve my season 3 rewards.

- If you did not receive your Season 3 rewards yet, you were likely to have been found guilty of boosting or smurfing. This means that you will not receive any of the possible season 3 rewards. If you are confident this is a mistake on your account, you can submit a support ticket here.
Last edited by Petoskey97 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Petoskey97
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

GamerTag: Petoskey97
Region: US

Mega Help Thread

Postby Petoskey97 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Steam Issues

Connection Issues

- If you are experiencing issues with your connection such as being unable to connect to the Rocket League servers, check here.

Problem starting Rocket League?

- If you are having problems getting your Rocket League game to start/open, check out the thread here.

My level and presets don't save.

- If your levels and presets aren't saving when you close out of Rocket League, follow the steps here.

None of your issues listed?

- If none of your problems are in this post, take a look here.
Last edited by Petoskey97 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Petoskey97
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Mega Help Thread

Postby Petoskey97 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Playstation Issues

My stats, presets, and level won't save.

- If you are having issues with your stats/controls/level saving, then you need to do the following.

1. Back up your game data files to a flash drive and/or on the cloud.
2. Make sure you successfully created the backup.
3. Delete the files from your console.
4. Open the game.

Note: Your stats WILL be reset but your ranks and items will not. As of now, this is the only fix.
Last edited by Petoskey97 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
Petoskey97
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Mega Help Thread

Postby Petoskey97 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:49 pm

Xbox Issues

When I look for a match it says "Cross-network play is not permitted for some players on this server."

- If you are getting this message, there is nothing that you can do currently. It is more of an annoyance than an issue that prevents you from playing the game. If you receive the message, cancel your search and try again.

My level transfered to a different account. How can I fix this?

- If you have multiple accounts that play Rocket League on the same Xbox One console, you may have the level of the higher account transfer to the lower leveled account. If this happens, don't worry. Although there is no way to fix it, your level does not have any bearing on who you play against in online matchmaking. It is there for aesthetic reasons only.

I can't turn left or right!

- If you recently switched accounts and you cannot turn or move in other ways, you must leave the match you are in and restart your game. If you don't know how to restart your game, it is answered in the next question.

How do I restart my game?

- To restart your game follow the steps below.

1. Push the home button on your controller.
2. Press the "Start" button. This is the button with three horizontal lines and is just to the left of the "X" button.
3. Scroll down to "Quit" and then press the "A" button.
4. Start Rocket League as normal.
Last edited by Petoskey97 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Petoskey97
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Mega Help Thread

Postby Petoskey97 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Forum Issues

I'm new here and it won't let me post.

- All newly registered forum users must have their first few posts approved by a forum moderator. This can take up to 2 days depending on when a moderator gets online. This is done in order to keep the forums from being spammed and to reject posts that break the rules before they are posted.

What is reputation and how do I get it?

- Reputation is a way for users to "rate" other users. A user with a low reputation could be just as helpful as a user with a high reputation. It can easily be manipulated by a single user which makes it less accurate for judging a user's character.

How do I get my ranks/stats under my posts?

- In order to get your ranks/stats under your posts, you must look up your stats at the site here and then copy the "BBCode" and add it to your signature.

How do I edit my signature?

- To edit your signature, you can simply click the link here and you will be directed to your signature editor. To add an image, you must put it in like this:

Code: Select all
[img]paste_your_image_link_here[/img]

What is a moderator?

- Moderators are distinguished by a green name. They have the ability to approve/deny new posts, move posts to the correct places, and remove posts that break the forum rules. The have no abilities outside of the forums.

- A list of current moderators can be found here.

How do I apply to become a moderator?

- You cannot apply to become a forum moderator. You must consistently help others on the forums and earn moderator status over time. If you are selected to be a moderator, you will receive a private message with details about it.

What is a Community Helper?

- A Community Helper is someone who helps out on the forums but is not a moderator. Community helpers are distinguished by a yellow name but do not have any extra abilities or access to the forums. To become a community helper, you must help others on the forums and be kind to everyone.

- A list of current Community Helpers can be found here.

What do the symbols next to the threads mean?

- A list of thread icons can be found here.

When I send a private message, it stays in the outbox and doesn't go to my sent messages. Why?

- After you send a private message to another user through the forums, it will show it in your outbox as if it hasn't been sent. This is not a problem and is actually intended. The message will be moved from the outbox to your sent messages when the user receiving the message logs into the forums.

My question/problem isn't listed here.

- If your concern about the forums has not been addressed in this post, it may be answered here.
Last edited by Petoskey97 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Petoskey97
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Re: Mega Help Thread

Postby AlexCuse44 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:25 pm

OMG!
Wow!
Nice one!

How long did this take you?
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Petoskey97 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:28 pm

About 3-4 hours so far. It's going to be updated as issues come and go. All the sticky threads are on here so it combines all the help threads already out there.
Psyonix Support - Mega Help Thread - Thanks for using the forums! - Xbox Ambassador
Petoskey97
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby Spinksee on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:49 pm

You just condensed the entire help topic into one thread .... nice work!
Spinksee
Acrobatic

PSN ID: mr-m-spinks
Region: EU

Postby Petoskey97 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks Spinksee, I have been taking care of the help section a lot and decided it would be easier to have a thread that flows from one thing to the other. It's a step by step guide to get you help as easily as possible. Now I can just refer users to this thread in order to save time and confusion. If anyone has any suggestions for this thread, don't hesitate to send me a message or post here.
Psyonix Support - Mega Help Thread - Thanks for using the forums! - Xbox Ambassador
Petoskey97
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:53 pm

well done :D
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC before S5 ends? it's not happening
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby Petoskey97 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:00 pm

Thanks for the support Green!
Petoskey97
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby N7Mith on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Props dude! Very nice. This needs some glue.
:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby AlexCuse44 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Petoskey97 wrote:About 3-4 hours so far. It's going to be updated as issues come and go. All the sticky threads are on here so it combines all the help threads already out there.

Talk about dedication (and a lot of free time)
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Duckey on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:19 am

Petoskey97 wrote:About 3-4 hours so far. It's going to be updated as issues come and go. All the sticky threads are on here so it combines all the help threads already out there.

If in game moderation becomes a thing, you'll definitely have to update this :cheesygrin:
Duckey
Supersonic

PSN ID: None
Steam ID: IRP Duckey
GamerTag: None

Postby Petoskey97 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Duckey wrote:

If in game moderation becomes a thing, you'll definitely have to update this :cheesygrin:

What makes you say that? I don't think Psyonix has any plans for in-game moderation at the moment.
Petoskey97
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:15 pm

In regards to "I got demoted after a win" comments...
Psyonix wrote:HI! The div down is likely tied to a loss that happened right before the win. You're still credited with the win and MMR bump.

[source]
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC before S5 ends? it's not happening
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Return to Help and Support