Game slows down randomly

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Game slows down randomly

Postby kiflica on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:22 am

Hi, :yaypsyonix:

[PROBLEM]
so.. I'm having some issues with the game for months now .. it slows down randomly , sometimes the whole match, sometimes the first half sometimes the second, sometimes it happens many times in a match... and sometimes, which is rare it runs smoothly. I would say 1-2 out of 10 matches the game runs as it should.

It feels like input lag, it feels like the game is running on 50, 60, 70, 80% speed.. depending on the slowdown severeness. As if your turning radius becomes bigger, your rotations become slower, and overall you cant hit or play as you normally can.

[WHAT I TRIED]

{Hardware}
all permutations of:

different computers : - amd phenom, 16gb ram
- i5, 8 gb ram
- i3, 8gb ram
different graphic cards: - gtx 760
- gtx 750ti
- gtx 480
- ati radeon 6770
Monitors: Asus VG248QE (144hz and 60hz), Samsung syncmaster 710n, Acer K272HLbid, Grunding led tv 43VLE6620 BP

{Controllers}
Xbox Elite wired and wireless, Xbox 360 wired, Torid Green and Black wireless, Steam controller wireless.

{Drivers}
all drivers up to date, and drivers dating a year back for all of the graphic cards.

{OS}
-Win 7, Win 8.1, Win 10
with and without updates

{Psyonix Troubleshooting}
All suggestions you have listed on your troubleshooting webpage including dx9, visual c++ library, checking steam game integrity, running as administrator, port forwarding etc.

{Other stuff}
tried vsync off and on, changing the camera modes and graphic detail ..
tried playing on different servers, Eu, Na, and others, respectively..
tried playing offline, in training, all modes, solo and in teams with premade and random players..
Chrome isn't even installed as I've seen people mention it..

{Superstition}
tried changing all the cars and their visual appearance
tried restarting the computer
tried alt+entering
tried razor-cortex

That's about it... also, my ping is around 40 50 and fps around 150

Nothing helped.

The Slowdown! is real.
Please help with any suggestions you might have, I'm out of ideas.

What a save!

Thanks!
Last edited by kiflica on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiflica
Supersonic

Steam ID: kiflica
Region: Eu

Re: Game slows down randomly

Postby Dirkened on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:28 pm

Hey kiflica, I'm sorry to hear about the input lag :(
Between all of these systems/configurations that you've tried, have you had some software that is the same?
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Postby kiflica on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:57 pm

heh, rocket league and steam :)

as i've tried it on fresh installed windows every time..
kiflica
Supersonic

Postby kiflica on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:01 pm

could it have anything to do with the servers?, i've noticed a slight increase in ping from 50 to 80 on EU servers lately which is a bit strange..

my 2s teammate has the same problems and in general when i experience slowdowns he does too.
and when its buttery for me its buttery for him too. It doesn't last long before the slowdowns desynchronize, when its ok for him bad for me and vice versa..
kiflica
Supersonic

Postby kiflica on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:00 am

Anyone else experiencing these problems? I cant be the only one.. ?
kiflica
Supersonic

Postby Dirkened on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:44 pm

Well, it's possible that you could be experiencing lag, but that wouldn't translate to your steering. But if you could record exactly what you're experiencing, maybe I could get a better idea?
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby pogbafan69 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:27 am

I have this exact same issue !
i also tried alot of things but it just feels like game randomly slows down for no reason, so my guess is it has to be the servers?
im also european and i recently noticed ping went up on SOME servers, so i tried to play on america and middle east, and for some reason on middle east servers i had less ping(around 50) and i felt like my car felt less "sluggish", even tho slowdown issue still occured. Anyone know where these servers are located?
pogbafan69
Supersonic

Postby Dirkened on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:21 pm

From what I know the ME servers are in a single spot in eastern Europe while the European servers are placed throughout Europe, so seeing varying pings on the EU servers is understandable.
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby Orregon on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:29 pm

I have also had this issue and looking around Reddit and these forums others have also had it as well. Ive used multiple pads including the ps4 pad connected wired with Input mapper and DS4 tool at different points and also using the wireless 360 controller and I have experienced it with both leading me to believe its not a software issue with the pad but something else. Can anyone at Psyonix replicate this issue and is it a problem with a recent patch since I seem to have only had it recently in the last few months. Maybe its a problem on my end but I see posts on it and noone seems to know what it is or where its coming from.
Orregon
Supersonic

Region: United Kingdom

Postby kiflica on Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:34 pm

i don't know how i would record it...

the closest thing i found on the internet is this video comparing physics with 1 gamepad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZnIx4t-6QY

it feels like the game is randomly switching between those two manifesting itself as if the gameplay slows down and speeds up randomly..
kiflica
Supersonic

Postby Dirkened on Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:01 am

If it's the input lag, then I really don't think I can suggest much else from what has been said other than to make sure that your monitor/tv is at the lowest input lag mode you can have
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby kiflica on Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:35 pm

i would say that it doesn't have to do anything with the monitor(s) as i've tried a bunch of them.. currently on a 1ms 144hz monitor..
and the slowdown occurs randomly multiple times in one match .. using the same monitor..
kiflica
Supersonic

Postby Dirkened on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:07 pm

Randomly multiple times?
Do you have anything plugged into your USB ports that aren't your contorller/kb+m?
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby kiflica on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:30 am

nope.. only controller , keyboard and mouse
kiflica
Supersonic

Postby kiflica on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:51 am

Another unsolved problem goes into the abyss..

:yaypsyonix:
kiflica
Supersonic

Postby Skaldy on Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:10 am

Sounds like your ISP (or another part of the connection path) has slowdowns that come & go. I had this a few years ago. It's how the network reacts when there's a bottleneck - it will try to reroute around congestion but that just causes slowdowns in other places. And because the internet is constantly growing & getting upgraded, any problem might disappear over time but it might just get worse. Sometimes they are at certain times of day, or certain times of the month or year. Like when new students all start torrenting in October!

You can try:
* complaining to your ISP (be prepared to provide them with tracert/pathping output)
* using a different ISP when your contract expires
* playing at different times of day

In the UK there's a website that lets you evaluate your connection over 24 hours - http://www.thinkbroadband.com - see if there's something like that in your region.
Skaldy
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Region: EU

Postby Dirkened on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:00 am

The original video that he posted had nothing to do with internet connection though, so unless he mislead me with that, it shouldn't be connection based.
If it only occurs while playing online, then we could have an entirely different issue
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby pogbafan69 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:52 pm

Skaldy wrote:Sounds like your ISP (or another part of the connection path) has slowdowns that come & go. I had this a few years ago. It's how the network reacts when there's a bottleneck - it will try to reroute around congestion but that just causes slowdowns in other places. And because the internet is constantly growing & getting upgraded, any problem might disappear over time but it might just get worse. Sometimes they are at certain times of day, or certain times of the month or year. Like when new students all start torrenting in October!

You can try:
* complaining to your ISP (be prepared to provide them with tracert/pathping output)
* using a different ISP when your contract expires
* playing at different times of day

In the UK there's a website that lets you evaluate your connection over 24 hours - http://www.thinkbroadband.com - see if there's something like that in your region.

This seems like the best idea so far of what is the actual problem, however that kinda means its not solvable :?

also that video just shows how car behaves when "slowdown" hits, since its very hard to capture on video and its random occurrence,
my theory always was that its either servers or some networking issue, since all hardware and software stuff seem to work properly
pogbafan69
Supersonic

Postby moha on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Still not solved. L O L
moha
Acrobatic

Postby kiflica on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:49 am

bump bump

still the same ..
kiflica