Help us go big time on PS4!

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Help us go big time on PS4!

Postby Psyonix-Dave on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:37 pm

In the upcoming weeks I will be making a pitch to Sony to support Rocket League as a title in a much bigger way than we did on PS3. What I mean by that is really getting Sony behind the game with much more exposure for the game on the storefronts and in marketing materials and actually investing in it's future as a top title on the platform. The good news is they have already expressed interest in doing this! However, part of my job is proving our case that this game can be much more than a cult hit.

When I was thinking about how to pitch this I realized that the reason I believe this game can be huge is undoubtedly because of you. If the game didn't have great potential it would have faded out long ago but you guys kept playing...despite the lack of a large audience to match with and even for years after we stopped being able to update it...you kept it going.

So here's what I'd like to do. We may have a small community compared to the big mainstream titles but we have a passionate one. I'd like to include statements from as many of you as possible about what SARPBC/Rocket league means to you and/or why you'd like to see Playstation really promote it on PS4. I've heard a thousand stories since we started: people playing the game with their kids, buying consoles just to play the game, keeping broken consoles just to play the game, making community montages, meeting friends through the game, etc. and that's what I want them to know about, in your own words.

We don't need help getting on PS4, we just want them to support the title when we're on there. It doesn't need to be long so if you just want to write "Please support Rocket League!!!!" that helps too.

To participate please send your statements to PS4PLEASE@psyonix.com and be SURE TO SIGN THEM WITH YOUR PLAYSTATION ACCOUNT NAME!

Thanks so much for help in this!!! Let's make Rocket League HUGE on PS4!!!
Psyonix-Dave
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Psyonix-Dave
Region: US/EU

Re: Help us go big time on PS4!

Postby BigFunny on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:47 pm

I sent in an email, but will you also be promoting the PC version too? I'm going to buy it on both anyway, but just wondering... :cheesygrin: I bet this game is going to be legendary. :yaypsyonix:
BigFunny
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: BigFunny

Postby Pureslayer on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Well this is interesting... I think we all believe lack of exposure of the game stunted the growth of the game.

Will of course write an email out soon and hope you get the support from Sony you require.
Pureslayer
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Pureslayer
Steam ID: Jay7X
Region: EU

Postby JadaSki on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:27 pm

Typed up a couple paragraphs and forgot to put my psn in it! You will be getting 2 emails from me xD
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:We're going to have a slumber party to watch it in our jammies.
JadaSki
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: PlutoniumFalcon
Region: USA

Postby batmanhill6157 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Listen. Might be a long shot. But if you can make it so that it works with Morpheus then that could really help with this. I see Sony really pushing that when they are about to release it. I mean the view would have to change to inside the car and you just control it the same way. (maybe the roof and everything is see through so you feel like you are inside it but you can still look for the ball)

I heard of some mech game for the oculus that did that. Had you in the cockpit where you could look freely and normal controls.

Maybe this is a dumb idea, but I personally think it would be kinda cool. I could see myself playing it like this majority of the time if done right.
batmanhill6157
Acrobatic

PSN ID: batmanhill6157
Steam ID: batmanhill6157
Region: US

Postby oneill_clan on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:23 pm

See if you have multiple stories you would like to submit shall you send them in different emails??
oneill_clan
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative

PSN ID: oneill_clan
Steam ID: oneill_clan

Postby DonTimmeh on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:18 pm

Wish I could help but my psn got hacked a few weeks before my ps3 crashed, C
Can I use another psn?
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:We will blackmail you with your stupid faces.

DonTimmeh
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: I Am A Tree

Postby Psyonix-Dave on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:07 pm

oneill_clan wrote:See if you have multiple stories you would like to submit shall you send them in different emails??

Couldn't hurt!
Psyonix-Dave
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby Psyonix-Dave on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:08 pm

DonTimmeh wrote:Wish I could help but my psn got hacked a few weeks before my ps3 crashed, C
Can I use another psn?

If you have PSN account name to mention use it, otherwise no problem.
Psyonix-Dave
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby stereotype on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:50 am

Don't forget to show some awesome aerial compilations. These sold everyone i showed the game.
stereotype
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: stereotype

Postby DonTimmeh on Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:01 am

stereotype wrote:Don't forget to show some awesome aerial compilations. These sold everyone i showed the game.

I've shown community montages to a few friends of mine. This is how it went:

* "Guys, I have this game I want you to check out, but I'm not sure if you'll like it. "
-"What is it about?"
*"It's a soccer game."
-"lol nvm"
*"With flying battlecars"
-"I AM SUDDENLY INTERESTED"
This is the point where I show them the video. Then they watch it, acknowledge that it looks fun, but they don't want to spend time learning the game.
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:We will blackmail you with your stupid faces.

DonTimmeh
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: I Am A Tree

Postby Solanel42 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:22 am

Sent =)

Can't wait for Rocket League to be released on console and PC : always said this would make me buy a PS4.

Plus, I'm really interested on how you - Psyonix- will manage to keep a growing community with events, championships, and tournaments.

Keep up the good work and bringing awesome games :D
Solanel42
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Solanel42
Steam ID: Solan

Postby coolcole93 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:01 am

Didn't expect this! I'll probably do mine when I get home tomorrow. Psyonix, can we put some of these on the forums? I'd love to read people's :)
:yaypsyonix: Image :yaypsyonix:
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: coolcole93
Steam ID: [VNP]Cole93

Postby kobajashi_77 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:07 am

I'll mail them right away. SARPBC is one of my all time favorite games (and I played a lot!).

Didn't participate in the Rocket-League Alpha....but I'm really excited about the final release on PS4.

THX for the good work!
kobajashi_77
Supersonic

PSN ID: kobajashi_77

Postby coolcole93 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:07 am

kobajashi_77 wrote:I'll mail them right away. SARPBC is one of my all time favorite games (and I played a lot!).

Didn't participate in the Rocket-League Alpha....but I'm really excited about the final release on PS4.

THX for the good work!

I have an invite if you want it?
:yaypsyonix: Image :yaypsyonix:
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: coolcole93
Steam ID: [VNP]Cole93

Postby Noir1992 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:15 am

Mission complete.

Hopefully Sony will help you to make this game as popular as possible. :)
Noir1992
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Noir1992
Steam ID: Noir1992

Postby FireRecon on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:34 am

Probably won't be playing this on the ps4 (PC instead) but I would be happy to send a statement.
FireRecon
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: FireRecon

Postby HAFOE on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:54 am

done :)

lol ive seen kids from saudi arabia playing eu sarpbc now :D
thats a story! :yaypsyonix:
"SARPBC is about making Friends" *gets a Smack in the Face*
dont treat low postcount users diffrent than established members, they're a part of this community too! ;)
HAFOE
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: HAFOE
Steam ID: HAFOE
Region: Germany

Postby crashratchet on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:49 am

Would this also apply to a possible Vita release? I'd like so much to play the game wherever and whenever i want :DD
crashratchet
Acrobatic

PSN ID: crashratchet
Steam ID: crashratchet008

Postby paschy90 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:54 am

Psyonix-Dave wrote:In the upcoming weeks I will be making a pitch to Sony to support Rocket League as a title in a much bigger way than we did on PS3. What I mean by that is really getting Sony behind the game with much more exposure for the game on the storefronts and in marketing materials and actually investing in it's future as a top title on the platform. The good news is they have already expressed interest in doing this! However, part of my job is proving our case that this game can be much more than a cult hit.

When I was thinking about how to pitch this I realized that the reason I believe this game can be huge is undoubtedly because of you. If the game didn't have great potential it would have faded out long ago but you guys kept playing...despite the lack of a large audience to match with and even for years after we stopped being able to update it...you kept it going.

So here's what I'd like to do. We may have a small community compared to the big mainstream titles but we have a passionate one. I'd like to include statements from as many of you as possible about what SARPBC/Rocket league means to you and/or why you'd like to see Playstation really promote it on PS4. I've heard a thousand stories since we started: people playing the game with their kids, buying consoles just to play the game, keeping broken consoles just to play the game, making community montages, meeting friends through the game, etc. and that's what I want them to know about, in your own words.

We don't need help getting on PS4, we just want them to support the title when we're on there. It doesn't need to be long so if you just want to write "Please support Rocket League!!!!" that helps too.

To participate please send your statements to PS4PLEASE@psyonix.com and be SURE TO SIGN THEM WITH YOUR PLAYSTATION ACCOUNT NAME!

Thanks so much for help in this!!! Let's make Rocket League HUGE on PS4!!!

I wrote an roman to them lol
paschy90
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: paschy90
Region: Not Specified

Next

Return to General Discussion