Battle Cars Safari - Player Spotting.

Any and all discussion relating to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars.

Battle Cars Safari - Player Spotting.

Postby Rhymane Flameheart on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:32 am

Welcome, one and all, to the unique and wonderful world of the SARPBC Safari, an exciting trip into the wild arenas of the Battle Cars game to spot the many varied and fascinating types of creature that inhabit this amazing realm. I trust you all remembered to bring your 'Player Types Manual' to define the many species we encounter on our travels? Please remember, keep your hands and arms inside the car at all times, and keep your eyes peeled...you never know, we might even find an entirely new species on our tour to add to the ever expanding database of native animals here on the range. Now hold your breath as we start up the ignition and boost (at supersonic speed) into our first habitat, Urban.

And it seems we've been fortunate straight away! If you look over to your left by the red goal, you will see an example of one of our most common species here in the reserve, The Newbie. This species is characterised by it's almost exclusive use of the Octane, Marauder or Renegade cars, and it's common behaviour of following the ball around the arena wherever it goes, without a thought for positioning or counter attack. It should be noted that this carelessness is in no way intentional - they often do it simply by accident, not having the experience or skill of the arena's hunting ground to develop any better tactics. Often as they gain this experience they will slowly begin to adapt their ways over time.

Meanwhile across the halfway line over by the blue goal we have a prime example of a Team Player. Note how exceptionally useless his cautious skills are in a 1v1 match, always being caught at the wrong end of the arena and unable to get back fast enough to defend his terretory from rivals? Where he excells is supporting a more adventurous ally in the hunt, by hanging back at the halfway line and knocking the ball back into contention whenever it threatens to come too close. These characters are oppertunist hunters, very skilled in leaping in on a freerolling ball to score a goal while other players are recovering from a crash, and also have admirable skill in setting up goals for their hunting partner to finish off.

Okay everyone, if you would like to don your space suits, we're about to enter the next habitat on our tour, the Cosmic arena. The unique shape of this landscape has given rise to some rather unusual creatures...like that one over there, for instance, flying over our heads with a trail of boost smoke following behind! We call that type The Airline Pilot, a player who tends to spend more time flying through the air than driving along the ground. They have honed their mid-air manuverabillity into a fine art, and rarely miss the ball when they leave the ground.

Oh, and it looks like he's been paired up against an unfortunate Landlubber who's escaped from his native habitat of the Wasteland! The poor soul doesn't really stand much of a chance here on the rolling hills of Cosmic - his type are very skilled playing along a flat surface, and can intercept bouncing balls with incredible precision, but when their target starts rising over their heads they rapidly lose the will to live and are unable to put up much of a fight. Their flailing attempts often end with them lying on their back playing dead while their opponant leaps over them and toys with them mercylessly.

And so we come to the third stop on our tour, the jungle-gardens of Utopia. Oh and we're in for quite a treat, there's a fiercsome hunt going on here at the moment! It looks like a Bully player has been pitted against one of his most feared natural enemies, The Striker! You can often recognise Bullies by their appearance, most of them drive the heavy vehichles like Marauder and Renegade, and pay no heed to the ball, prefering instead to hunt down and kill the opposition at all cost. This Striker is doing well at dodging his attacks, however - no doubt all the natural speed and manuverabillity of his gameplay style are helping him out here. He is an expert at ducking and diving around the net, keeping the ball right on the line as he searches for that ever elusive goal, and sometimes he moves so quickly it almost appears that he is in two places at once!

And now we're moving into the final arena on our tour, ladies and gentlemen, the already famous Stadium habitat, quite the favorite with all manner of our native creatures, although I believe there are a couple who have not settled in so well. Hopefully if we're very quiet as we drive through, we might be able to catch a glimpse of a slightly more rare and skittish species of player, the elusive Goal Camper. There creatures are quite unusual here in the Battle Cars reserve, as most of our native animals have a natural instinct to persue and subdue the ball at every oppertunity. These critters, however, have learned to supress that instinct and instead let the ball come to them while they sit quietly in ambush on their goal line. As soon as an unsuspecting ball comes close, they leap up and pounce on it swiftly, sending it scurrying back across the arena towards the opponant's goal, while the Camper once again burries itself in the undergrowth and awaits it's next victim.

Ah, unfortunately it seems we have no Campers out on court at the moment, they really are quite a rare breed. Ah well, I do hope you enjoyed our little tour of the Battle Cars Player Type reserve. Please visit us again, as we are soon hoping to open up our other habitat Galleon to the tour parties like this, however we have had some difficulty in getting many of our animals to visit that arena often.

If you would be so kind as to complete our little survey which you will find on the back page of your tour brochures before handing them in, we would be most greatful. We're conducting a little reaserch as to which player types people find the most useful and enjoyable as a teammate, and which they find the most irritating and unworkable. Perhaps you could even put in a note as to what type your game most closely resembles too. Remember, with our innovative breeding programs it's possible that an individual may display traits from a number of different parents, so if your game fits more than one of these species, it's possible it was raised in a number of different habitats and is a crossbreed.

And as always, if during our short tour you happened to spot any new species of player that are not listed in our leaflets, please be sure to write up a description yourself and submit it to our archives via the appropriate posting form below.

We hope you enjoyed your visit to the SARPBC Safari. Please come again soon.

=====

EDIT: Important notice - new creatures added to the reserve!

Rhymane Flameheart wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to announce our first new addition to the Battle Cars Reserve, a currently rare and endangered species, but one which seems to rapidly be growing in poppulation and could well become one of the most common in a short time - The Dribbler.

As best we can tell, this breed seems to be a rare offshoot from the Striker line, and is characterised by an innate capacity to nudge and push the ball across the arena with surprising control, rather than the approach of most other creatures to simply hammer it up field as hard as possible. This is a very difficult technique to master, and it's believed that many young Dribblers are killed in their early years by vicious Goal Campers and Team Players who block their attacks. A few individuals do survive to maturity, however, and perfect their hunting tactics into an impressive display of skill and dexterity, able to bump the ball to the side to avoid an incomming attack, then swiftly duck around the other side to power the ball into the now open goal. Most other players seem to find young Dribblers easy to pick off, but a skiled and practiced adult is a serious force to be reckoned with.

So far, our interoduction scheme for this new species has been concentrating on the Urban and Wasteland habitats, which the Dribblers seem to favour most. It's also believed that they will take very well to the Stadium, although it remains to be seen how they will fair in more uneven landscapes such as Cosmic.

Pluto Bass wrote:How about the endangered Twin-Headed Battle Car(mastery of the camera) ? ...With it's two heads it has the ability to focus it's two sets of eyes in almost any direction. This species has become extremely proficient at driving backwards and can counter attacks from nearly any angle.

Or how about The Pack(split-screen)? Almost never spotted alone, "The Pack" hunts together in a group. Although they have poor vision, they are masters in communication and strategizing in order to take down their prey. Commraderie is crucial for this species success.

Rhymane Flameheart wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, it is our great pleasure to welcome yet another new species into our growing menagerie here in the Battle Cars reserve, this one descovered and christened just a few moments ago by one of our avid nature spotters! Designated under the temporary classification contendia phantomia, or Phantom Player, this genus can exhibit traits of almost any of the afforementioned parent players already in the reserve. The distinctive feature about this particular specimen, however, is it's unique hunting methods - when faced with a threatening ball bouncing in the direction of their goal behind them, the Phantom Player will actually go so far as to quit his team and reselect it swiftly via the in-game pause menu, thereby respawning his vehichle before the goal line in much less time than it would take to turn around and drive back to save the shot.

There is some discussion in our warden lodge as to wether this new species is actually a fair and acceptible addition to the microclimate of our habitats, or wether it is actually an invasive pest that should be eradicated for the benefit of the reserve's general pupulace, however until a decision has been reached on this matter it has been added to the safari's records for cataloguing and classification. Fortunately for the moment only two individuals of this species have been spotted, it is unknown if they may be a breeding pair.
Last edited by Rhymane Flameheart on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Live with Courage,
Fight for Freedom,
Die with Honor,
Be a Hero.
Rhymane Flameheart
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Region: Not Specified

Re: Battle Cars Safari - Player Spotting.

Postby Ryan094 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:58 am

This safari was totally worth the £10. I seem to resemble The Striker the most as I'm always darting around everywhere avoiding enemies and charging around. Personally, I think that The Bully is the most iritating to play against but The Newbie is the worst to play with you. However The Team player is the best to work with you.

Thanks for the great tour!
Ryan094
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Ryan0947
Steam ID: Doomsee
Region: EU & US

Postby Fysho on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:50 am

This was a really enjoyable tour. I would say that I'm kind of a cross between an airline pilot and then something else. I'm not that good at this game anymore (sadly), but I still tend to make som incredible goals from time to time.

Oh, and I like playing with team players! They're the best!
coolcole93 wrote:Well, it's been a great run and a hell of a lot of fun, but it's now time for me to say goodbye
Fysho
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP

Postby mikhd002 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:23 am

Fyshokid wrote:This was a really enjoyable tour. I would say that I'm kind of a cross between an airline pilot and then something else. I'm not that good at this game anymore (sadly), but I still tend to make som incredible goals from time to time.

Oh, and I like playing with team players! They're the best!

I'd say im more of a wanttobe team player, but in reallity I'm similar to Fyshokid
made by el-trickser
mikhd002
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: mikhd002
Steam ID: mikhd002
Region: EU

Postby coolcole93 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:53 am

I like to think of myself as a team player :)

Ryan094 wrote:I seem to resemble The Striker the most as I'm always darting around everywhere avoiding enemies and charging around.

(8)I like hiiiting the ballll(8)
(8)Doessn't matter wheeeere(8)

:lol:
:yaypsyonix: Image :yaypsyonix:
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: coolcole93
Steam ID: [VNP]Cole93

Postby ollyp23 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:57 am

Ooh, I'm such a team playaaa
Atomic Man
oneill_clan wrote:that detailing in the hat <3 <3 <3
ollyp23
Ryanistic
Ryanistic

PSN ID: ollyp23

Postby Fothers on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:13 pm

Topic Of The Year 2009
Fothers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: andyoda

Postby Pluto Bass on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Great post! Very enjoyable indeed! :D

I'd say I'm a cross of a landlubber (I generally suck at flying and usually stick to good positioning to get some counter hits and use my double-jump) and a team player...I love to assist my teammates, but they have to be really good strikers for this to really wok well. It's hard to alley-oop if theres nobody jumpin' at the rim.

Noobs and Bullys are the worst...sometimes wannabe strikers suck to be paired with when they touch the ball too much with no real strategy.
Pluto Bass
Acrobatic

PSN ID: plutobass
Region: US

Postby JadaSki on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:04 pm

I didn't bother reading the whole thing, don't have time right now, will read it some other time.

EDIT: read it, that was an impressive post. nice job! im a goal camper mostly :cheesygrin:
Last edited by JadaSki on Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:We're going to have a slumber party to watch it in our jammies.
JadaSki
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: PlutoniumFalcon
Region: USA

Postby Rhymane Flameheart on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Glad people like it^^

I'm a Landlubbing Team Player myself - can't arial to save my life, and utterly useless in 1v1, but good at taking oppertunities and setting up shots for others.

There must be more unusual players out there to capture and add to our reserve though...anyone any suggestions?
Live with Courage,
Fight for Freedom,
Die with Honor,
Be a Hero.
Rhymane Flameheart
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Eriquo on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:36 pm

where do people find the time to do stuff like this
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Eriquo
Region: NA/EU

Postby jetnf on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:37 pm

Incredible post! wow nice...

Well im these types:

With good players: The Airline Pilot

With NOOBS: The goal Camper

With Eriquo: Team Player
WHITE HOT HEAT!
Playoffs 2011
jetnf
Extraordinarily Talkative

PSN ID: jetnf

Postby Eriquo on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:45 pm

yea us teaming together was pretty much a guaranteed win
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

Postby Rhymane Flameheart on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:20 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to announce our first new addition to the Battle Cars Reserve, a currently rare and endangered species, but one which seems to rapidly be growing in poppulation and could well become one of the most common in a short time - The Dribbler.

As best we can tell, this breed seems to be a rare offshoot from the Striker line, and is characterised by an innate capacity to nudge and push the ball across the arena with surprising control, rather than the approach of most other creatures to simply hammer it up field as hard as possible. This is a very difficult technique to master, and it's believed that many young Dribblers are killed in their early years by vicious Goal Campers and Team Players who block their attacks. A few individuals do survive to maturity, however, and perfect their hunting tactics into an impressive display of skill and dexterity, able to bump the ball to the side to avoid an incomming attack, then swiftly duck around the other side to power the ball into the now open goal. Most other players seem to find young Dribblers easy to pick off, but a skiled and practiced adult is a serious force to be reckoned with.

So far, our interoduction scheme for this new species has been concentrating on the Urban and Wasteland habitats, which the Dribblers seem to favour most. It's also believed that they will take very well to the Stadium, although it remains to be seen how they will fair in more uneven landscapes such as Cosmic.
Live with Courage,
Fight for Freedom,
Die with Honor,
Be a Hero.
Rhymane Flameheart
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby DIABOLO_84 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:30 pm

I have a rare sighting of a dribbler on galleon!
DIABOLO_84
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: DIABOLO_84

Postby Rhymane Flameheart on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:42 pm

Wow that is a nice vid Dia, particularly considering the rarity of the species and it's location. Seems Dribblers may be one of the most adaptable species around the park, that one seems to have adapted very well to the hills and undulations of the Galleon habitat, where I really wouldn't have expected them to be able to fit in. Good job^^ :D
Live with Courage,
Fight for Freedom,
Die with Honor,
Be a Hero.
Rhymane Flameheart
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Eriquo on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:29 pm

i have a rare video i took of myself dribbling
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

Postby jetnf on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:30 pm

i might be a dribbler in some games...
WHITE HOT HEAT!
Playoffs 2011
jetnf

PSN ID: jetnf

Postby Rhymane Flameheart on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:10 pm

Another good vid. As I said, these Dribblers seem to be getting more common as time goes on.
Live with Courage,
Fight for Freedom,
Die with Honor,
Be a Hero.
Rhymane Flameheart
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Fysho on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Rhymane Flameheart wrote:Wow that is a nice vid Dia, particularly considering the rarity of the species and it's location. Seems Dribblers may be one of the most adaptable species around the park, that one seems to have adapted very well to the hills and undulations of the Galleon habitat, where I really wouldn't have expected them to be able to fit in. Good job^^ :D

Actually, Galleon seems to be the place I spot the most dribblers. Don't ask me why though.
coolcole93 wrote:Well, it's been a great run and a hell of a lot of fun, but it's now time for me to say goodbye
Fysho
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP

Next

Return to General Discussion