Seeking defensive team

Recruit members for your team in Europe!

Re: Seeking defensive team

Postby protagonist1 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:42 pm

aiden91 wrote:Defensive teams will never work.

goals win games ;)

In my opinion, team defenses has yet to be perfected. Most players choose to let one player camp in goal, while the others just attack. The key to a good defense is knowing when to switch positions and clearing the ball out when there's too much pressure. Most players aren't really good at the first part.
protagonist1
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: protagonist_1
Region: US

Postby sfex3best on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:58 am

Camping actually works a lot of the time. That's why there are soo many people who complain about it.
sfex3best
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: sfex3champion
Region: EU

Postby aiden91 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:05 am

sfex3best wrote:Camping actually works a lot of the time. That's why there are soo many people who complain about it.

people complain about it because its boring, its good for 2v2 ranked though.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Postby SeanNolan5 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:06 am

sfex3best wrote:Camping actually works a lot of the time. That's why there are soo many people who complain about it.

it works in moderation..
SeanNolan5
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

PSN ID: SeanNolan5

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:34 am

me n kad have pretty good defense. we have this type of 'being there incase one fails' defense lol
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Postby The_deceased on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:me n kad have pretty good defense. we have this type of 'being there incase one fails' defense lol

dat trust 8-)

and modesty
The_deceased
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: NA/EU

Postby Eriquo on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:02 pm

protagonist1 wrote:
aiden91 wrote:Defensive teams will never work.

goals win games ;)

In my opinion, team defenses has yet to be perfected. Most players choose to let one player camp in goal, while the others just attack. The key to a good defense is knowing when to switch positions and clearing the ball out when there's too much pressure. Most players aren't really good at the first part.

picture a really good attacking team playing against a not so good attacking team. The attacking team may have it in the other teams end for most of the game, but might only score 3-4 goals. theres your defensive team
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: Eriquo
Region: NA/EU

Postby protagonist1 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Eriquo wrote:picture a really good attacking team playing against a not so good attacking team. The attacking team may have it in the other teams end for most of the game, but might only score 3-4 goals. theres your defensive team

Don't get me wrong, having a good offense makes a good defense. Putting pressure on a good defense will eventually make them crack, giving you a goal. It happens all the time in football (soccer). My issue is most teams have yet to perfect defense. It's usually one guy camps at goal...without positioning himself, while 2 guys attack....a 2-1 formation.

You have a good defense when your team knows when to trade positions, and when you defenders attack the ball and contest the shot. For example, imagine the ball is in the air and you going for an aerial. This is a 2v2 match by the way.

Now if you go in the air and see an open goal....your probably going to score no problem. Even htting it a bit of target still means a guaranteed goal. No pressure

Now put a keeper there. Let's say stevebills in the goal. Now it's different...if you don't place the shot accurately, or with enough power he's going to save it. Now you have to be accurate and have power.

Now let's say mercules is steve's teamate, and he also is now in the air with you, contesting the shot....and stevebills in the goal. Not only do you have to get the ball past steve but mercules as well, plus you have to be accurate, and you have to have power. You also have to get to the ball faster than mercules or he'll be closer to the ball, giving him a higher chance to stop the shot.

So now you have to less time to adjust to make an accurate shot, you have to get the ball pass the defender (mercules), and it still needs to have power. That's good defense. Defense is teamwork....and teamwork has yet to be perfected, not nearly as much as attacking.
protagonist1
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby aiden91 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:10 pm

you can't just pick 2 people though, you need trust in he other person, and for them to not be a ball hog.

2 people going for the same ball will always result in a fail, and sometimes meaning they both miss the ball.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Postby protagonist1 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:02 pm

aiden91 wrote:you can't just pick 2 people though, you need trust in he other person, and for them to not be a ball hog.

2 people going for the same ball will always result in a fail, and sometimes meaning they both miss the ball.

That's where switching positions comes in. ;)
protagonist1
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:09 pm

protagonist1 wrote:
aiden91 wrote:you can't just pick 2 people though, you need trust in he other person, and for them to not be a ball hog.

That's where switching positions comes in. ;)

only people i can do that efficiently is with kad, ryan n mike 8-)

was doing some team matches with steve the other day n we're getting there lol. (he fell asleep n i was stuck 2v1'ing in team -_-)
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Postby SHOGUN-CAL on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:05 am

I'm not too great with anyone inparticular (Except steve) possibly because I dont regularly team with that many people. I tend to be good with people who will go for a set then score style.
SHOGUN-CAL
Head of Morridoom
Head of Morridoom

PSN ID: SHOGUN-CAL

Previous

Return to Europe