Careers at Psyonix
Psyonix is always looking for talented people with a drive to create fun, outstanding gameplay experiences. We look for people who love what they do and encourage them to maintain a good work-life balance. We’re also very democratic in our game design – anyone can contribute and help shape the direction of games – so if this sounds like your ideal work environment, drop us a line.
Psyonix was born from the Unreal mod community, so the below requirements are somewhat flexible with equivalent modding experience. If you’re driven and passionate about games and can show that to us either through a mod you’ve worked on, or a game you made in your spare time, that’s perfectly fine – we don’t expect 5+ years experience for entry level positions like a lot of companies. If we think you’re the right fit, we’d be happy to have you grow in to your desired position with us.
We’re looking for UI artists with the following skills…
- Concept and develop UI design across a variety of projects, platforms and styles
- Work with UI programmers in both Flash and Unreal Editor to implement UI elements
Minimum Required Software:
Additional Preferred Software:
- Illustrator, Scaleform,
- Is a self starter and can concept,develop and input UI design appropriate to the style and gameplay of various projects
- Has a solid understanding of UI design and knowledge of current tools and trends in UI development
- Has shipped UI projects across a variety of platforms (pc, console, mobile, etc.)
- Has a background in UI design, graphic design, concept art and or illustration
- Knows Flash and actionscript and has worked with the Unreal Editor and Scaleform
- Works well in a team environment with both programmers and artists
Environment Artist / Level Design
We’re looking for talented and experienced artists / designers with two or more of the following skills…
- Environment art modeling / texturing
- Level design and layout
- Level polish
- Effects creation
- Level scripting
- Applicants should have 2 or more years of experience in a professional, educational, or recreational (game mods / indie projects) setting.
- Portfolios are required for consideration. UE3 or UDK experience is a big plus.
Programmers (all levels)
Psyonix is always looking for programmers with outstanding examples of personal or professional work.
Programming Specialties we are Seeking:
- College degree and/or 2+ years experience (mod or full title)
- Competent with C++ and/or Java-like scripting languages
- Experience with Unreal Engine & UnrealScript preferred/li>
- Experience shipping X360/PS3 titles preferred